Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    People are pissed cause it smacks of laziness as well as lack of creativity on Blizz's part.
    The people that are pissed would be pissed about anything. I'm stoked about the Kara revamp. I don't think I've ever had as much fun in this game. I'm willing to bet the majority of people that are angry weren't around when Kara wasn't soloable content.

I don't care about them re-using content. I just wish that they wouldn't destroy the old content to do so. Take ZG for example, they basically cut out 1/4 of the raid so they could turn it into an instance. Or Sunken Temple... why did they have to cut the place in half? Otherwise, I love revisiting places in game I've been before in the past. I love that they're taking us back to Karazhan, though from what it sounds like the Karazhan we're going to be seeing is a totally new area of the place.

Deleted
    I'm talking about Kara here.
    Yet you're generalizing pretty damn hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Pawstruck View Post
    It's like Blizz said in the LFG documentary: There are two characters in this game - the player and the world.

TV shows and movies bring back characters all the time. Why do people get all pissy when WoW takes us back to an old locale (and, might I add, one which has been of crucial importance in the Warcraft universe)?
    I think your analogy really nails the problem with recycled content. Like a TV show bringing back characters, I don't see people getting mad when old locations are re-used as long as the content within them is different (different encounters, mechanics, etc). Bringing back the character isn't a problem if the episode is new and exciting.

But to just bring back old content at level 110 exactly like it was at level 70 isn't the same as bringing a character back. It's just re-running an episode. Nobody wants to pay money for re-runs, especially if they've already watched it 10 times.

7+ Year Old Account
    This isn't recycling content, it's recycling locations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    The fact that it's a longer dungeon redeems it as it would of been terrible if they broke it up into wings. It's gonna be like Start and BRD back in the day.
    The only thing I fear is that it will go the route of pre-wing brd. No one ever really wanted to run the entire thing on my realms. At least with a dedicated group you might be able to clear the whole thing.

You claim Kara would be totally different. We shall see about that.
    Exactly! I'm happy you got my point. Complaints can be saved until after we see how it looks like on PTR, cause right now we know nothing and whining about it being recycled is seriously pathetic.

Me? Not a blizz emplyee - just a person with higher than average IQ who doesnt cry about something that doesnt exist yet.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    People hated them.
    Just goes to show that the people demanding 'original experience' are wrong. So why not re-make them into something new?
    Goes to show that people will remember only what they want to remember. Yes, weapon enchant grind was tiring, but people loved getting back here again, new mount, and especially liked the TM vs SS (thats how i remember it).
    See, the thing is - people have opinions, I understand. How can you have an opinion about something that doesnt exist yet, tho? Why not wait until we know more, and then complain about recycled content? This thread is crying for the sake of crying, like a next dose for the drug addict. Nothing smart will come out of it.

I ask again - why whine about something now, when it doesnt exist yet? Why not wait until we know more, when you can actually support your opinion with some facts?

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Panda's, WoD, Garrisons and lots of Orcs was exactly what the majority of the customers wanted.
    Let's be honest - garrisons was NOT the proper way to handle player-housing.

Take a look at how player-housing was done in the likes of Rift and Final Fantasy XIV ARR and you'll know how it should be done - because people didn't bitch about those. They used them to death, had fun with them, and it became a great creative tool. There's nothing remotely interesting or creative about garrisons. Everyone's is the same, sans a different building here or there. There's really no way to truly PERSONALIZE it.

If I could, I'd rather my garrison look Night Elven than like Stormwind, but Blizzard knows what I want more than me, when it comes to personal quirks, sure! XD hahaha funny. Garrisons was a semi-step in the right direction, order halls sounds like they learned a little bit, but for some reason, they still don't want to really let us have our OWN HOUSE to MAKE OUR OWN with our OWN CHOICES OF ART, ARCHITECTURE, etc etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    The only thing I fear is that it will go the route of pre-wing brd. No one ever really wanted to run the entire thing on my realms. At least with a dedicated group you might be able to clear the whole thing.
    Being mythic, I sure hope it never becomes something easily puggable. I want it to be done by groups of friends who will say "yeah, let's have a fun time! Maybe some of us will throw back beers, we'll chat on (insert VOIP here!), and have a jolly old time clearing this place over the next few hours!"

That's what I am hoping, at least. >_>

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post

Sunwell and MGT would of been good too as they are also legion themed Instances.
    @Blizzard, TAKE NOTE. 7.2 ideas RIGHT HERE. MAKE IT HAPS.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    Lame and lazy, i.e typical blizz.
    People will always defend Blizzard. I'm not against bringing old content back, but not at cost of new content. It should be bonus content.

Creating a new theme, new location, new everything requires lore connected up to it. Rehashing some old raid and tuning it harder and slightly changing some things requires effort sure, but can't be compared with the above. It's lazy. But look, numbers haven't been this low in ages. I'm sure it says something about the quantity of the content.

I've got no problems with quality, quality is always high or above average. However, a single raid for almost 2 years wont cut it for me. I bet Karazhan will be about 6+ months of no content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    according to what i read players can extend the lock outs if they wish to continue where they left off from a previous day.

Deleted
    Am I the only one who absolutely hates the idea of player housing? I'm a fucking adventurer, I don't wanna stop and buy a house, I wanna stop and make camp then continue my journey.

Neckbears and children who either don't understand how this can be a good thing or want to live with their rose colored glasses forever and have nothing disrupt that view. Same thing is said about movie and video game remakes. The goal is to get a new people to experience them and it's a great goal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    People will always defend Blizzard. I'm not against bringing old content back, but not at cost of new content. It should be bonus content.

Creating a new theme, new location, new everything requires lore connected up to it. Rehashing some old raid and tuning it harder and slightly changing some things requires effort sure, but can't be compared with the above. It's lazy. But look, numbers haven't been this low in ages. I'm sure it says something about the quantity of the content.

I've got no problems with quality, quality is always high or above average. However, a single raid for almost 2 years wont cut it for me. I bet Karazhan will be about 6+ months of no content.
    The new kara has new lore connected to it. The legion is attacking it. You are complaining about nothing.

It's not lazy to "recycle" locations, it's important to make the world actually feel like a world. For ages they have been going from location to location and as soon as an expansion ends we don't see what is happening in the rest of azeroth, re-visiting old locations makes it actually feel like time has passed and those characters/places their stories still exist.

Does no one ever wonders what the nerubians are up to in northrend these days? by whining over "recycled" content we will never return to northrend to learn about them, same with the taunka, vrykul in northrend, klaxxi, yaungol or what about the arrakoa in a few years, how they are dealing with their freedom. And there are more examples. All of these require some form of "recycling" to revisit.

And if you don't care about lore, what does it matter to you if the same location has been used?
    Last edited by mmoc911be2cf14; 2016-08-25 at 08:48 PM.

People will defend Blizzard no matter what they do. There is no point in arguing with people who lack the rational capacity to discern what is an attack on Blizzard and reasonable skepticism. It seems for $15 dollars a month, Blizzard has effectively bought the minds and souls of armies of brainless bodies who do nothing but shitpost and try to protect their God from the almighty wrath of proper criticism. No matter, these people don't hold much value anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Let's be honest - garrisons was NOT the proper way to handle player-housing.
    I know, i know. The housing was probably the one thing on my list that actually WAS a desired element. And my MMO virginity was popped by Ultima Online, and nothing in any game... in all games combined since then has come anywhere near as awesome as UO housing. I liked the garrison idea as it pertains to WoD, what it means and symbolizes. The issue is if THAT was blizzards "hey guys, here is your player housing!", then it is a major fail.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pawstruck View Post
    TV shows and movies bring back characters all the time. Why do people get all pissy when WoW takes us back to an old locale (and, might I add, one which has been of crucial importance in the Warcraft universe)?
    Because generally when WoW does it it ends up being inferior to the original (TV shows get flak for ruining a beloved character due to having no other ideas too).

I mean seriously, Scholomance, Strat, ZA, ZG. I left UBRS off the list because the new one although not as good as the original is good in it's own right, Leeroy and Awebee were great.

Well Kara isn't going to be the same 9 bosses + Opera events so they're recycling the name and building. Can't speak about the lore or story aspect as I don't follow any of that lol.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

I have no problems with recycling content IF we still can visit the old ones. Thus I am OK with Kara in legion, but was NOT OK with naxx in wotlk.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I know, i know. The housing was probably the one thing on my list that actually WAS a desired element. And my MMO virginity was popped by Ultima Online, and nothing in any game... in all games combined since then has come anywhere near as awesome as UO housing. I liked the garrison idea as it pertains to WoD, what it means and symbolizes. The issue is if THAT was blizzards "hey guys, here is your player housing!", then it is a major fail.
    Agreed, though some level of customization for Garrisons would have been fun.

I also don't like how the videos for when you level up the Garrison are almost the exact same WORD FOR WORD, for both Alliance and Horde.

And since when does the Horde use such human'esque terminology for speaking of leaders. Hearing Vol'jin call a Horde person "General" or "Commander" was just... nauseating.

The Horde should have had words more akin to Chief, Warlord, etc etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbleduck View Post
    I have no problems with recycling content IF we still can visit the old ones. Thus I am OK with Kara in legion, but was NOT OK with naxx in wotlk.
    I hope you realize Naxx in WotLK was, oh, 97~% the same as Vanilla... basically the major difference from what I can tell is one of the Four Horsement was a different named dude. =|
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post

I hope you realize Naxx in WotLK was, oh, 97~% the same as Vanilla... basically the major difference from what I can tell is one of the Four Horsement was a different named dude. =|
    Yea, that was actually the point of this example. It doesn't matter how small the difference is, I do not agree with them removing old instances for the sake of recycling it.
    Last edited by HumbleDuck; 2016-08-26 at 10:31 PM.