Thread: G2A/Kinguin

Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

G2A/Kinguin

Hi! I want to buy Legion from G2A or Kinguin, but I want to ask you if they're legit? Yes, yes, I know, I could buy from Blizzard but it is cheaper on these sites.

Deleted
    It's keys being resold from the east, stolen keys or keys bought with stolen creditcards. It's a coin toss which of the three you get.

EDIT: Forgot to mention. They might say "Available for release!" and other similiar shit, but you're only getting your key when the vendor has a batch to send. Batch is getting delayed somehow? Sucks to be you, it has happened quite often with preorder releases.

They are not legit sellers of any product.

Can you get a key and nothing bad happens.....Yes.

But they allow stolen keys to be sold on there website and many devs have came out and activity stated they will shutdown any keys sold on there. G2A/Kinguin promotes credit card theft and profits from it. Unless you pay the extra cost ($1 I know) for there protection if the key gets deactivated you are SoL.

So I personally won't buy from a blackmarket site.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-08-25 at 05:10 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    I've been buying from G2A and Kinguin for ages. Never had any issues.

Want to buy stuff cheaply? Buy from those sites.

They might be a bit shady, but not on the end of screwing up customers at least.
    Ya they totally don't screw customers over. Isn't like you have to pay extra just for protection........

I guess you didn't get screwed over when u bought a stolen tv and was arrested for it.....
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I mean how much cheaper are they than Blizzard? Some of you are some penny pinching cliches.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    I mean how much cheaper are they than Blizzard? Some of you are some penny pinching cliches.
    Well, not g2a/kinguin, but i got my overwatch origins from a site like this for almost 20€ less, so 2/3 of the original price. That is a lot imo.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CosminDas View Post
    Hi! I want to buy Legion from G2A or Kinguin, but I want to ask you if they're legit? Yes, yes, I know, I could buy from Blizzard but it is cheaper on these sites.
    Kinguin and G2A are horrible business establishments. They use stolen credit cards, keys, and other means of shady business tactics. They have ZERO credibility and not only would I never give either of them my business, but I would never trust them with any payment information I give them. Just buy it from Blizzard, it's like $40 or something for the basic version.
    Orc Warrior/Undead Priest/Undead Ruuge/???

Not linking my armory because i like to be anonymuuse, although if you need me you can normally find me here. Krieger !W79kXUqA/6

If you use something like G2A I sincerely hope you have your credit information stolen and the key removed/banned. Supporting those sites is absolutely terrible and you should just go through the company and get your games. Why risk it? is it worth saving $15 to have your account banned or the game removed? Then what? you're gonna get mad at Blizzard for removing a stolen key from you even though you didn't steal it yourself?

Just buy it. I've bought tons of Blizz games through there and I'm still waiting for my card to be stolen or banned on said games. Ignore the fearmongers.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-08-25 at 08:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CosminDas View Post
    They are more known of shady dealers.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

https://twitter.com/totalbiscuit/sta...84157354426368

http://www.pcgamesn.com/action-henk/...enk-g2a-piracy

Almost all professional streamers and even on huge LAN events they are advertised everywhere.
    That's because G2A throws money at streamers. I had 20 viewers at one point and got half a dozen messages asking me to put G2A advertising on my channel. That doesn't mean they're a legitimate company, it just means they're operating on huge profit margins.
    Last edited by Lothrik; 2016-08-25 at 07:43 PM.

They get a lot of bad rep because they are shady and operate on the line of what's legal and what it's not, but mostly because they reduce the total profit companies can have.

Sure, might get a bad deal due to some transactions occurring on the wrong side of the line, but it doesn't happen as often as some people make it out to be.

They're not nearly as shady as people would like to make them out to be.
    They kinda are I just don't see a reason to go full moral fag about it.
    Don't think you'll run into too many issues as long as you buy from a reputable seller on the site and not from the 3 sales guy for 20 euro less than the others from Poland.
    Knew a couple guys selling on those sites at least they were merely using keys from those cheap regions to make a little profit on the side.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2016-08-25 at 09:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't buy from G2A. There's more then enough evidence to show their shadiness. Just because professional streamers advertise them don't mean they aren't shady and bad. They are, it's not fearmongering.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    My 2 cents: If a site is selling it for cheaper, it's probably a safe bet to avoid them.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Buying keys from g2a or similiar = less money for deveelopers = more payed dlc or shittier content patches.

From what I can see, Legion on their website is 29% off.

You'd be pretty ignorant if you think that a website with deals like that doesn't obtain their items through illegal means, more or less. That's why you shouldn't support them, since they do not support the developers.

If you're asking if you're safe to buy from scumbag websites like that, well, you'll probably be fine but plenty of people have gotten banned and they go around asking "Why did I get banned, I didn't do anything wrong!" not realizing the reason was related to purchasing from such a place.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Deleted
    I got Legion pre-purchase on Amazon for £27, which is cheaper than what I can see on Kinguin or G2A, and cheaper than Blizzard's store and also not all shady in the same way Kinguin/G2A might be. They hiked the price up to match Blizzard on the pre purchase but you can still get it physical to arrive on the 30th for £27.

Bought hundreds of keys from resellers never had an issue, just do it.

Kinguin and G2A are reliable and trustworthy if you pay the "shield" tax of about 1 euro.
    It is an insurance that no matter what happens you WILL get the game you bought OR you will get a refund.

If you do not want to pay for that shield then you gotta rely on seller reputation to gauge will you get scammed or not.
    I have been buying from those websites for years and i never had any issues or problems, and i only use the Shield tax on expensive games.