Poll: Why did Varian get a memorial while Vol'jin didn't?

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Vol'Who? He was a nobody and got a nobody's death.
    I second this.
    Horde players have been annoyed at Vol'jin being the warchief since the end of MoP, and now you would get angry he didn't get the same treatment as Varian.
    This doesn't make any sense. I think it's clear that Varian's death is way more important than Vol'jin's. The troll hasn't done anything ever, probably Blizzard realized it, and put Sylvanas in his place; I dislike her deeply but development-wise she is miles ahead of the troll guy.
    On the other side, you have Anduin taking Varian's place. But Varian has been one of the leading figures of the game for quite some time, so it's fitting that he dies fighting and saving his people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    The vast majority of the horde are still living in pigshit huts, maybe when they learn what a brick is you'll get some beautiful looking monuments/places!

*eats popcorn*
    Also this seems about right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tsoni View Post
    I think it speaks for itself that one of the very few monument the Horde has is for a guy that first corrupted his kin disregarding orders, then when he cleared his mess said "I freed myself!" like the most selfish person ever.

Can we make up our minds please? Is it "omfg Blizzard favors the alliance" or is it "Wtfomg horde favoritism". You can't have both.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    I think somebody's forgetting a little thing. There's NUMEROUS cultures in Warcraft. And just like in real world, not all cultures honor their dead in the same way.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't blame Vol'jin for being inactive, blame Blizzard for the "we'll push exp-per-year" BS and not giving update to current content+story.
    It's not his inactivity that makes me hate him. 5.3 and 5.4 are why I hate him.

Quote Originally Posted by lightofdawn View Post
    at least the horde got not one but TWO badass cinematics.

varian was neato and all but he resorted to witty banter instead of bumrushing guldan, which wouldve at least made more sense seeing as (at first) it was just guldan and a few felguard in front of the tomb
    Horde had 1.3-1.4 badass cinematic. Over half of Horde's Broken Shore cinematic is copy-paste of the Alliance one and focuses on the Alliance. If you cut that part out, the remaining actually Horde part of Horde's Broken Shore cinematic combined with their new Warchief cinematic is still shorter than Alliance one. Which is why the Horde got another one to compensate.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I was thinking they had another smaller revamp after Cata, perhaps I'm misremembering.
    The only change post Cata that I can think of other than adding/swapping NPCs is the construction of Brawler's Guild.

Hey, look at the bright side. Stormwind got their park fixed, but now Westfall is perpetually on fire and unable to stop fighting low level Defias at the main hub. That's also after how many years of being unable to fix a bridge?

And throughout all of Cataclysm, Horde had fully built, fortified structures of iron while the Alliance bases in zones were half finished stone still in the process of being built.

You guys have hard working peons that get stuff done.
    Ehh, constraints of MMOs. Outposts that are specifically said to be very new are also undeveloped on Horde side and some enemy NPCs also aren't always phased out after you deal with them in quests.

But large structure memorials aren't really the Horde's style. Tribal cultures don't build statues and monuments.
    Well, not Horde in general, but Forsaken actually do. There's a large statute of Sylvanas in Brill post Cataclysm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

4 Warchiefs in 4 years is kind of extreme.

I don't think it's neglect rather he was cremated and the horde is very utilitarian.(aside from roof-spikes)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    4 Warchiefs in 4 years is kind of extreme.
    Choose better warchiefs maybe, instead of the guy with the biggest spikes/tusks/knockers.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon171 View Post
    Ally get monument, Horde get toys from prepatch. Still think horde side is unfair...?
    Toys from prepatch??? The only exclusive toys were got were ones that you could have already had from the Darkspear patch of MoP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    No it isn't. The only thing going away are the pets, invasion gear and toy. The scenario is doable at any time.
    You don't enter the scenario until the boat. More than likely the queue from Dalaran will just go straight to the Broken Shore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    Oh hey look, a massive spoiler right in the title.

Fuck you OP
    If you don't know at this point it's on you. It's no longer a spoiler.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandaofsorrow View Post
    vol'jin killed the demon that stabbed him, varian is a pile of feldust with out even scratching gul'dan
    .......................................................................................... ..........................

varian killed 5 felguards, where voljin killed one
    and oh yeah he killed a fucking fel reaver!

(going based on cutscenes cause thats what your going by)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    What do you have to remember about Vol'jin? "Here lies the dude who got stabbed by a rank and file Felguard. He did not do anything."
    ... mon
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

He got a memorial right outside of Orgrimmar in the burning shore quest line, did he not? I'm not so sure as to why it isn't still there, but I'm positive that happened. Although I do agree, it's really dumb he didn't get one that stuck like Varian did.

1) So did Voljin - to a vastly greater number of demons.
    2) Varian was dead the moment he took two blades through the chest. Guldan just finished him off. Voljin was fel poisoned.
    3) Both Bolvar and Varian died like little bitches. That's two lossss for Aliance - three if you count Jaina going all emo yet again and taking off in a time of war.
    varian took 2 stabs and 1 slash to his back before he fell
    voljin took one, and passed out pretty much right away
    varian took out a fel reaver, the biggest accomplishment at the broken shore cause holy shit!
    bolvar isnt dead you idiot....
    jaina is just mad, and rightfully so, so shes taking a break

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    He got a memorial right outside of Orgrimmar in the burning shore quest line, did he not? I'm not so sure as to why it isn't still there, but I'm positive that happened. Although I do agree, it's really dumb he didn't get one that stuck like Varian did.
    well the alliance are all about making statues, its just their culture, the horde not so much, other then the goblins and maybe the blood elves, i dont think ive seen a single statue, and the only monument the horde made was to grom, and that was just a rock...

you can even tell the difference by going to orgrimars graveyard and comparing it to stormwinds....

No it isn't. The only thing going away are the pets, invasion gear and toy. The scenario is doable at any time.
    I just want to verify there is only 1 pet in the legion pre-patch right?

Hordies running away like wimps in Broken Shore and still have the audacity to whine about the park. FFS man.

Deleted
    The Horde just doesn't have an extra district to spare.

Horde didn't have a giant crater in their main city for 1/2 the games lifespan so we don't need a memorial.

Where's the option for "Waaah"? FTA

This was a great pretext to finally rebuild the Stormwind Park section, which had been entirely destroyed and missing since Cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Cairne wasn't Warchief, and he also had a funeral pyre as well. Also, I think, due to time-travel-Cata hijinks his pyre is still at Red Rocks to this day.
    My point was Tauren lives matter, damn it. Trolls are a dime a dozen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Varian had it probably already built for himself when taking off to the Broken Isles, you know he had Stormwind rebuilt after Cata and put a big ass statue of himself in the city instead of fixing Stormwind Park.

That's how he rolled. ME FIRST!
    Nah he took the money out of the "help the homeless Westfallers" fund.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Did the horde ever errect something in honor of their fallen?
    Thrall errected a Stonehand for Garrosh.

1- Varian sacrificed himself so the Alliance could retreat. Vol'jin died because he got wounded.
    2- Varian did way more as a king than Vol'jin did as a warchief, and he was also king for much longer.
    3- The Alliance is much more likely to do that kind of memorial than the Horde is. Especially since good part of the Horde has a culture where you're kind of expected to die in battle, and another part doesn't really care about this stuff. Vol'jin still should, and likely will, get honored in other ways. I bet we'll have a place called Voljinar sooner or later, kind of like we have Durotar, Orgrimmar, Thrallmar, Grommashar...
    4- There was a nice unused spot in Stormwind, perfect to make a monument.

Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    Just more examples of Alliance favoritism in this case. Blizz chose to give Varian an epic death while Vol'jin... well he was out there fighting, side-by-side with Thrall, but it certainly wasn't as epic. But that was a Blizz choice. Not like Varian and Vol'jin were real people. Both did whatever Blizz wrote them to do.
    They'll always focus more on one faction, it's about time that faction is the Alliance for once.