Poll: How many characters have you leveled to 100 during invasions?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Limited event, smart marketing by them. Events should be lucrative and one of the only ways at this point to make it lucrative to people who aren't max level is to give exclusive items or experience (which the event does both). If it wasn't viable for leveling a lot of people probably would have stopped doing them around week 2 and it would have killed the vibe of the event.

I had 6 100s before invasions with the other 5 being between 85-88, but mostly 85. 85 was a cut off point for a lot of my alts because it was how high you could get characters with the MoP XP flask. Had the invasions not been so generous in XP a lot of my characters at that 85 threshold would have likely sat there, but with the invasions they are all level 100 now. Which is great because it gives me more incentive to actually collect every class artifact and potentially do the campaign in the long term. Had they not been level capped I wouldn't have bothered.

Now I have 1 of each class at 100. I did start two other alts freshly on 1 other server just to test how long it would take to get to 100. Currently I have a lock that's 86 with 2 hours and 30 mins play time (used two 300% XP flasks from MoP to 85).
    It's only good for leveling after you get all the transmog stuff and other, and even so It's still hard for Lower Levels to get XP gains from mobs, especially bosses If they usually one-shot you, people reset the bosses, and you can't travel around that well as a low level unless you've gotten to level 60 quickly, and sold all the gear you didn't need to the vendor and gotten at least 500g for flying ability.

It's still a very bad event, with little to do after a while other then to power level low levels, and even just standing on the side lines Is do-able, but now you've a week left, and doing this Isn't as lucrative as It was the first week, as they've nerfed that so you have to kill mobs and bosses to get large XP gains.

Still a fairly bad event, lazy I feel. Which worries me as to what their future patches might be, I have no doubts Legion will do nicely at the first, for a month or two... and then what?

None. All of mine were already at 100.

10+ Year Old Account
    With my main and 22 alts at 100 since April

10+ Year Old Account
    Leveling one at the moment, and I feel disgusted by it. It is just leeching on easy mode, not actually leveling.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Two, from 88. Currently working on a third, from 56.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNemesis View Post
    It's only good for leveling after you get all the transmog stuff and other, and even so It's still hard for Lower Levels to get XP gains from mobs, especially bosses If they usually one-shot you, people reset the bosses, and you can't travel around that well as a low level unless you've gotten to level 60 quickly, and sold all the gear you didn't need to the vendor and gotten at least 500g for flying ability.

It's still a very bad event, with little to do after a while other then to power level low levels, and even just standing on the side lines Is do-able, but now you've a week left, and doing this Isn't as lucrative as It was the first week, as they've nerfed that so you have to kill mobs and bosses to get large XP gains.

Still a fairly bad event, lazy I feel. Which worries me as to what their future patches might be, I have no doubts Legion will do nicely at the first, for a month or two... and then what?
    You don't have to kill mobs. Just tag them and avoid the bad. Harder for melee classes for sure, but there is zero danger of dying as a ranged class if you have full looms on and avoid the very few mechanics present at the events. Even without looms, it's pretty easy to not die, just wait a second or two to tag.

I recognize not all of the zones are safe, but the barrens one is completely safe. I had my elemental shaman go from 1-85 in a little over 2 hours with the 300% MoP flask doing barrens phase one and phase two exclusively. I did this one because the mobs that spawn in the barrens are completely safe ( I have every reason to pick a safe zone, because death with the MoP flask removes it) and don't have bullshit moves that will one shot your character (dreadlords and doomguards are the main offenders). The only dangerous mobs in the barrens are the two giant brutes in P2, but if you die to their charge + spin, it's because you weren't paying attention.

You don't need flying, it's common misconception. You can also contribute at lower levels fairly easily. Just do P1 and P2 over and over again, P3 is a waste of time without flying (it's okay in some of the zones). Saying it's not as lucrative as the first week is kinda laughable. The XP per hour is vastly increased. Ease is different because you could AFK 60% of a level per event, but actively participating will grant you far more experience than even the first week gave you.

I don't think it's a lazy event at all, it's one part of multiple events in the lead up to the expansion. On the reward side you get transmog, pets, toys and gear that puts you at pretty good baseline for entering the broken shore. You also get some scenarios and quests (albeit some stages are petty small) to progress the story. We also got DHs a month before the expansion as well, and that's not counting the fact that you can sit around the capital and kill players if you bother to do the mini event for about 5 minutes. It might still be lazy by your standards, but it's a thousand times better than any other pre-expansion content when you add it altogether.

Where's the 0 option?

Quote Originally Posted by Danuel View Post
    None. Why should I?
    Because it's low-effort leveling that leaves you with an alt at around 700ilvl if you do it right.

Beats paying 60 bucks for a boost, or $25-55 for a faction/server transfer, or *shudders* leveling through Draenor again.

I was kinda ho-hum on it, but then I realized I wanted a Cindermane Charger and this is the best possible time to get one as it means I can have a whole mess of 100s easily.

Deleted
    Only leveled my horde alt DK from 92 (stupidly boosted to 90 because i had unused WoD boost still there, even forget to get professions first...) to 100 and managed to get full set of gear and 2 weapons from stashes. Should have boosted some different class, ie shaman, just for possibility for healing. But no matter, it was absolutely free boost and exp anyway and i don't think i never really "play" that. Just something to get certain toys/transmogs from horde side, like those bare feet transmog item now.

Edit: i also already had 11x 100lvl on same realm before invasions/DH access
    Last edited by mmoc64ace7a841; 2016-08-25 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    0, already had one of each class in main server
    Yep, same here. Already have numerous duplicates on clustered & different realms, so it's entirely pointless.

http://i.imgur.com/cxJBbwv.png

My characters now. I now have a 100 of every class!

Of those, the shaman, hunter, priest, and druid were done with invasions (the priest had been stuck at 60 for a while until the invasions hit, but the others were done almost entirely via invasion)

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I finished off two, myself. One from 96, the other from 84.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

3,5 Leveled a rogue, hunter and a mage to 100 on my alliance realm. Now I've just started first horde character in years and did 4 invasions... lvl 45... I don't even...
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

10+ Year Old Account
    3 so far. A priest from 1-100, only using invasions (this was a few days after release when you could still AFK for most exp and stuff). After that, my warlock who was already 98, so that was only a single invasion because of the rested EXP. Then a hunter from 75 to 100. I am now on a Rogue, he started at 71 and is now 82. Since you get roughly a level every 1-2 invasions in that level range I may be able to bring him to 100 either tomorrow or in the next 2 days. If I still have time and motivation afterwards, I will try to bring my shaman who is 90 to 100.

So, 3 so far but probably at least one more will come.

I leveled 4 from ~90 to 100 during the first week. Sold off my xp potions and made a good profit. Now I'm leveling a few DKs to 70 so I can make old raid farming DHs on other servers.

3 lvl 90+ I lvled to 100. Then one dk I lvled to 70 so I could make a demon hunter on a third server.

Might do another dk to 70 for a 4th demon hunter just so I can have a lvl 100 on more than my 2 main servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseven View Post
    None. By the time I ran 17 characters through broken shore and got them all of the ilevel gear upgrades they needed I was ready to go face down on the carpet. In the next 4 days I'll see what I can do with my new DH's professions, but I'm ready, so very ready.
    You can skip broken shore by talking to the quest npc when legion launches, you're welcome

18 with Recruit A Friend tho

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool, this Jaylock guy got banned. No more clickbait threads.

2 characters. The first was to have an extra toon to do elegon on. The second was to get double agent but apparently they have to be 110 to count now.