[Megathread]ToeJam and Earl: Back in the Groove (New Game)

OMG Can't wait looks awesome.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Oh man I played the hell out of the old games on Sega. I might have to check this out just for nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by Brogrom View Post
    Oh man I played the hell out of the old games on Sega. I might have to check this out just for nostalgia.
    Same, loved the games as a kid. Not sure how I feel about the graphics on this one though. The look just seems off. I can appreciate trying to make it look a bit nicer but I liked the old feeling it had.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Yeah, the graphics look like some kind of Flash game. Just seems...odd.

And why exactly are they taking things from the 2nd game and putting them into this, which is supposed to be a remake of the first game? The first game didn't have Hyper Funk Zone or the dancing bits. Just pure roguelike/exploration.

Like every other "remake of an old, forgotten game series", I'm going to remain cautious. The fact that Adult Swim is apparently behind this, isn't particularly making me any more hopeful.

Any metal versions coming? Because hiphop...

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Any metal versions coming? Because hiphop...
    Why would there be a metal version of Toejam and Earl? The soundtrack is all about funky hiphop. Genesis of course couldn't do proper vocals neither could the SNES. NBA Jam proved that. SNES version of NBA Jam doesn't even have the whole "Welcome to NBA Jaaaaaaaaam"

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Why would there be a metal version of Toejam and Earl? The soundtrack is all about funky hiphop. Genesis of course couldn't do proper vocals neither could the SNES. NBA Jam proved that. SNES version of NBA Jam doesn't even have the whole "Welcome to NBA Jaaaaaaaaam"

Comment had nothing to do with the game. Just another metal kid pointing out hip hop is bad in their eyes.

On topic: Hyped as funk