Poll: What is the mystery of Life?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What is the mystery of Life?

Just thought to bring this subject/topic up again. Someone had brought it up before and it gained loads of attention and very interesting plots and food for the thought. What do you think the big mystery/purpose to Life is? It just can't be "What you make out of it" because if that were the purpose, most insects wouldn't be focusing serving their Queen 95% of their lives. We Humans wouldn't just keep thinking, creating and evolving. There has to be some sort of big mystery right? What do you guys think?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

The purpose of life is to consume and create. We cannot create without consuming something, be it knowledge, resources, etc.. and all beings do so.

It is just what you make of it because we've evolved past just following our instincts. For most animals they just exist. They know nothing but the struggle to survive. We've removed ourselves from that aspect of life and can now ponder the mysteries of the universe.

Deleted
    I think it's quite literally to procreate, to just endlessly increase the population count of your species.

Everything else is just a means to this end. Or made up by us.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    The purpose of life is to consume and create. We cannot create without consuming something, be it knowledge, resources, etc.. and all beings do so.
    I think that's more of the function of life. You can decide what to do with you life. Life just happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    I think that's more of the function of life. You can decide what to do with you life. Life just happens.
    I think transformation is the purpose of life. You can decide what you want to do but in the end you are still consuming something to create something else no matter what you do. An artist is still taking stone and transforming it into art, a writer is still taking words and ideas they have learned and creating a story. A factory worker is still taking plastics and making sleep apnea machines. Humans may do more than just consuming energy to create new life but we are still imperfect creators as we cannot create something out of nothing.

There isn't one. Life just happened by chance.

Justifying why things have to have reason and purpose is just a human trait.

We moved past procreation, we're at the what we make of it stage, should be understanding and exploring the universe imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    The path of least resistance.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Purpose" is a human construct. I doubt the Universe is concerned with such things, it just does what it does, because it can.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

To wait for the next expansion.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

15+ Year Old Account
    Since you bring up stuff like insects, I'll split my opinion in two.

Purpose(goal) of life, as in organic organisms independant of their consciousness: to procreate (and as a necessity to survive, feed and mate). Those who had a different priority didn't survive.

Purpose(goal) of life to us as a conscious being: whatever you want it to be. Although what we want it to be will often be guided by needs, wants, instincts and upbringing/experiences.

No one really seems to suggest that perhaps there isn't a purpose to life.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    No one really seems to suggest that perhaps there isn't a purpose to life.
    There isn't, thus what you make of it option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Atheist or Theist, life is an expression of the universe around us. Another cog in the machine of existence. Regardless of your beliefs, you're the creation of something. Be it space dust that has come to life or the design of some entity we cannot comprehend. Maybe it's a strange mix of both possibilities.

The purpose of life is to live. There is no such as purpose without something to observe it, do it, achieve it. The only purpose is to be. Perhaps the meaning of life is that we can give things purpose, the actual purpose doesn't matter.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2016-08-25 at 09:13 PM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I do not think there is a "mystery". You make of life what you want, (most) humans are free in that sense.

If anything, mankind as a whole should strive to put us all in the same line regarding that choice.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

42 is the answer according to the Super Computer named "Deep thought".

That's a pretty poor analogy.

As for the purpose of life, there is only one - the one you create. It always comes down to oneself, whether you're acting on 'divine authority' or not, it all starts somewhere that is you.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    To increase entropy. Good ol' second law.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    42 is the answer according to the Super Computer named "Deep thought".
    If only we knew the question...

In all seriousness though, the purpose of mans presence on earth is to facilitate spiritual change.