Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Their face being stuck to the glue prevents them from getting away, not from moving to try to escape. If their face is stuck to the glue, then their motion to try to escape would involve pulling their face off the glue. What happens when you try to pull a bandaid?
    The small ones are not strong enough to do that.
    Your arguments needs to shift to the differance between vermine and turtles, or just tell him you don't care about his opinion. Otherwise, he is right and you are stuck in a quagmire of trying to conform to his opinion, when you obviously don't care.

I already told him I didn't care about his opinion. I'll buy some snap traps next time if it make you all feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    It's not an urban myth. Ignore Elim Garak, there are definite links between harming animals for fun and violent behaviour to people in later life. It's why the FBI has a database on animal cruelty now, considering it a Class A felony.
    Yeah, I would think there's a link, kinda highlights a few things; lack of morals, lack of empathy, sadistic impulses, etc... Also stop calling these people kids, they are old enough to know this is wrong.
    Your powers are useless on me you silly billy...

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    The small ones are not strong enough to do that.
    You don't need to be strong to slowly rip your face apart if it's stuck on something.

I already told him I didn't care about his opinion. I'll buy some snap traps next time if it make you all feel better.
    Haha, bollocks. You've spent time trying to justify your actions, saying that "oh but I don't see it happening" in order to wave it off. How the flying fuck is it ethical to torture an animal to death? My feral cat analogy just goes to show how dumb that opinion is.

But don't worry, it's not too late to be a better person though. All I'm asking is just not to torture them if you're going to kill them ok?

EDIT: State laws vary, but capturing an animal and deliberately making it suffer (that is, not putting it down) might be an animal cruelty offence, so don't be so certain the law is on your side.

Quote Originally Posted by Xada View Post
    Yeah, I would think there's a link, kinda highlights a few things; lack of morals, lack of empathy, sadistic impulses, etc...
    Unfortunately we're getting plenty that from zenkai.
    Last edited by Fargus; 2016-08-25 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Added a point of law

You don't need to be strong to slowly rip your face apart if it's stuck on something.

Haha, bollocks. You've spent time trying to justify your actions, saying that "oh but I don't see it happening" in order to wave it off. How the flying fuck is it ethical to torture an animal to death? My feral cat analogy just goes to show how dumb that opinion is.

But don't worry, it's not too late to be a better person though. All I'm asking is just not to torture them if you're going to kill them ok?

EDIT: State laws vary, but capturing an animal and deliberately making it suffer (that is, not putting it down) might be an animal cruelty offence, so don't be so certain the law is on your side.
    If they sell them in my state I say they aren't illegal.

If they sell them in my state I say they aren't illegal.
    Purchasing and using a glue trap might not be illegal, but how the animal is killed on them might be.

Consider someone capturing a raccoon in a cage. While perfectly legal, if they left it out in the hot sun to die slowly, or stab them over and over to have them bleed to death, etc that may be considered illegal under animal cruelty laws. Humane vs inhumane death. People have actually got into trouble for torturing animals on these traps before, like this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I heard of that one, but with mice and being set on fire.
    I felt bad that I had caught a mouse in my apartment with one of those sticky traps and honestly there was no way to pull him off because of the stickiness and he was trying to bite the device so I threw him in the dumpster with my trash.

15+ Year Old Account

Photograph of the suspects.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    I felt bad that I had caught a mouse in my apartment with one of those sticky traps and honestly there was no way to pull him off because of the stickiness and he was trying to bite the device so I threw him in the dumpster with my trash.
    If you felt so bad about it, then why the hell didn't you put him out of its misery first? Fuck's sake...
    Last edited by Fargus; 2016-08-25 at 08:54 PM.

If you felt so bad about it, then why the hell didn't you put him out of its misery first? Fuck's sake...
    I explained. Pulling him off would rip skin etc off which would be just as bad a death and the fact he was biting all over the place and would have bit me.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    I explained. Pulling him off would rip skin etc off which would be just as bad a death and the fact he was biting all over the place and would have bit me.
    You could have killed it quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981
    I don't believe in observational proof because I have arrived at the conclusion that such a thing doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by wheresmywoft View Post
    You could have killed it quickly.
    I suppose I could have stomped on it in hindsight, but hindsight is 20/20

You don't need to pull an animal off those things to put it out of its misery. Plastic bag, blunt object. Dead. Done. Wouldn't have felt a thing. Some people drown them, but the first one's more humane.

Also, there are plenty of YT vids showing how to free animals from them:

Seriously though, they shouldn't be used in the first place.

7+ Year Old Account
    So many animal feels in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Urban legend
    Wouldn't it be a rural legend?

. . . I'll just get my coat.

You find it unethical or wrong, I don't and the law sides with me on this. I can't take you seriously either, so I guess we have understanding. I guess I could always catch one humanly and feed it to a cat.
    Sod off with your putrid glue traps. Disgusting traps for disgusting people.

this kind of thing doesn't surprise or shock me anymore. it just re-affirms my beliefs that we need to experiment on these types of people, so we can create a preventative cure to stop it from happening.

Shame they did not blow their hands of to.

Quote Originally Posted by Heidelstein View Post
    Sod off with your putrid glue traps. Disgusting traps for disgusting people.
    You want me to cover the glue traps with turf?

You want me to cover the glue traps with turf?
    Stopping from being a jerk would be a good start.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can think of many, many more important things we should be concerning ourselves with than the killing of a turtle.