Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I'm sure they'll work like Diablo in regards to drops, you can just find them out in the world and in normal dungeons, but are more likely to see them while progressing through Mythic+ dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    I'm sure they'll work like Diablo in regards to drops, you can just find them out in the world and in normal dungeons, but are more likely to see them while progressing through Mythic+ dungeons.
    This is pretty much what they've said. They're more likely to drop in harder content.

Deleted
    My first (wow, 3rd actually) post so I can't post links, but this could be quite informative, again:

http: //blue.mmo-champion .com/topic/402114-legendaries-are-concerning/

I just put in a few spaces here and there, you should see them

Now ofc all of that isn't set in stone, and there might be new info, but atleast it should show you their general thoughts on them.

didn't blizzard say something about legendaries being disabled in the first few week in instanced setups like mythic raids and rated pvp?

i think a system where only the first XX Number of enemies can drop the legendary for that day would be great.

Like this: you go into the area where the legendary you want drops (or can drop) and kill enemies, but only the first 50 (100, 200?) have a chance of dropping it, afterwards there is no need to continue because the chance is set to 0% for that day. Make this on a personal setup so it doesn't matter if there are 2, 20 or 200 people farming in that zone. This way there would be no need for bots and noone would be encouraged to farm for endless hours every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narzok View Post
    didn't blizzard say something about legendaries being disabled in the first few week in instanced setups like mythic raids and rated pvp
    Yes, the bonus effects will be disabled for a while in mythic raids (we don't know how long yet), and legendary effects will not work in any PvP instances period.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    meh old legendaries are no harder to get than these, especially being able to 1 shot all the bosses.

- - - Updated - - -

yup botting artifact power/legendaries/honor prestige system does seem a good idea, hopefully blizzard will throw out year long bans so it doesn't pay off.
    Just permaban right away, everyone knows botting is agains the rules anyways. If you cheat at a final test at school, you fail it, so if you cheat at a online game you should fail as well, and the best way to do that is to get banned There should be no "mr good guy" vs botters, they are the cancer of this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    This is pretty much what they've said. They're more likely to drop in harder content.
    Ah, cool.

I must've missed it, so I just assumed this was the case purely down to the amount of Diablo style features that they'll be adding in Legion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wullfgar View Post
    So, I just read up on Legion patch notes and these made me really sad;

Legendary Items
    Legendary items drop from places all throughout Legion. In addition to stats, these items confer powerful effects and modify abilities. Only a limited number of them can be equipped at a time.
    Check out the new Loot tab in the Dungeon Journal to see which Legendary items are out there for you!

Blizzard already lowered the requirements of getting expansion-specific legendaries throughout the years. And now, they decided to make them even more 'less unique' by allowing us to wear more then one and even get them from dungeons? Seriously, am I getting all wrong or did they just fucked up the whole game again?

Note: Ofc, I've a lot more to outrage about but this...
    I think that the legendaries are an absolutely dumbass idea, possibly the worst Blizz have come up with.

The legendaries are like having another tier armour bonus. Except you obtain them by sheer luck - well, tier armour is luck of the draw, but you're pretty much guaranteed to get your tier set if you raid enough, well enough.

But these legendaries? They are random world drops - some of them are ridiculously powerful and I can see them as becoming bones of contention when some have them and some don't. They are bound to introduce an unnecessary element of jealously and in a progress raid guild there is bound to be a pressure on players to obtain them

To me this just looks like a very cheap way of keeping players grinding at world content. I can forsee all sorts of issues with people farming world stuff for weeks trying to get one after someone else in the guild gets lucky and gets one by chance whilst levelling or whatever

The legendary ring was a bad enough grind, but at least it wasn;t entirely RNG (except the shard type thingies, but that wasn't too bad)

But now we will see the random number generator giving people legendary items.

It's just plain bad, I honestly do not know why they thought there was any merit in this idea. I just think it's going to be really bad if you have one or two people in a guild permanently outperforming everyone else just because the RNG gave them something, it's just a massive disincentive to everyone else

Like when they screw up class balance and have one stupidly OP coasting at #1 whilst everyone else works their tits off - after a while you start to think why bother

Yeah, I know people will argue "so long as the boss dies" but we all know that raids tend not to be like that, there's always a competition even in the friendliest of groups, if there wasn't why is Recount so popular?
    Last edited by mmoc7a6bdbfc72; 2016-05-14 at 08:41 AM.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Such a shitty way to distribute what's suppose to be cool. Seems lazy and I'm 90% sure this'll backfire further into the expansion. What's worse is that there's still no pre-MoP-like system or path to obtain actual legendaries.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are bad because

1)Rng

2)balance issues

3) all legendary are dumb. from start to end of WoW
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by dahri View Post
    That little extra DPS is a big deal. For a top guild it the difference between a world first and not and for a top 1000 guild its the difference between getting a boss that reset and not. For a difficult boss that is tuned well that extra DPS allows for many, many more mistakes. And it makes healing and tanking more forgiving by just pushing past parts of encounters faster and being able to save cooldowns for other difficult parts of the fight.

During progress 1% extra DPS is a lot. 5% is HUGE.

During the first weeks of mythic you will expect to wipe on 1% or less, a few extra legendaries in the raid group will be a huge difference for that.
    They will be disabled during the world first race.

Deleted
    Basically, in my view legendaries are going to be a great way to make people who don't have them in raids feel bad

Even worse in PUG groups, because you always get that 'tard who posts Recount after every.single.pull. because they are playing some OP class or RNGod gave them legendary items for no reason whatever other than pure luck

We all know how it works, Blizz are counting on all this to get people to endlessly grind world content

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Edit: And ofcourse, out of all the things, that might be wrong with Legion, these items are the least of our worries.
    Forgive me for arriving late to the discussion, but what all should we be worried most about Legion?

Quote Originally Posted by Wullfgar View Post
    So, I just read up on Legion patch notes and these made me really sad;

Legendary Items
    Legendary items drop from places all throughout Legion. In addition to stats, these items confer powerful effects and modify abilities. Only a limited number of them can be equipped at a time.
    Check out the new Loot tab in the Dungeon Journal to see which Legendary items are out there for you!

Blizzard already lowered the requirements of getting expansion-specific legendaries throughout the years. And now, they decided to make them even more 'less unique' by allowing us to wear more then one and even get them from dungeons? Seriously, am I getting all wrong or did they just fucked up the whole game again?

Note: Ofc, I've a lot more to outrage about but this...
    its diablo 3 ish

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skylinkdave View Post
    Forgive me for arriving late to the discussion, but what all should we be worried most about Legion?
    Amount of content, balance between the Mythic+ and Raiding, ability pruning, escalation of dmg numbers during Legions future patches, amount of players, etc,etc.

Again, these things are not what is bad about Legion, they might be the good thing about Legion, but these things does make me worry

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skylinkdave View Post
    Amount of content, balance between the Mythic+ and Raiding, ability pruning, escalation of dmg numbers during Legions future patches, amount of players, etc,etc.

Again, these things are not what is bad about Legion, they might be the good thing about Legion, but these things does make me worry
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

What do you people think, will we be able to transmog these legendaries?
    Last edited by dudurududu; 2016-05-20 at 10:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zmuci View Post

Deleted
    And here I was stressing about which toon I should main for (M)Raiding in Legion when the answer has been around for months; choose the one that was the luckiest at rng legendary drops. Oh yay! ::eyeroll:: As an Atheist, the RNG Gods have never been kind to me. So, I guess it won't really matter one way or the other since all my toons will be punished accordingly. lol I can just see all the kappas on my team getting ALL of them. A few of them have made 8 clones and will go with the one that is the luckiest. I do not have time for that so maybe I should convert to WoWligion and start praying to the old Gods. What's good?

Quote Originally Posted by Kioga View Post
    I also remember hearing the new legnedaries were huntable so you can setout to get a specific one(s). I think the only difference now is you don't have to raid to get them.
    This is not correct. They said that later into the expansion they may do this, but you cannot hunt down specific legendaries.

Also there is supposed to be a bad luck streak protection on not getting legendaries

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Narzok View Post
    didn't blizzard say something about legendaries being disabled in the first few week in instanced setups like mythic raids and rated pvp?

i think a system where only the first XX Number of enemies can drop the legendary for that day would be great.

Like this: you go into the area where the legendary you want drops (or can drop) and kill enemies, but only the first 50 (100, 200?) have a chance of dropping it, afterwards there is no need to continue because the chance is set to 0% for that day. Make this on a personal setup so it doesn't matter if there are 2, 20 or 200 people farming in that zone. This way there would be no need for bots and noone would be encouraged to farm for endless hours every day.

This would combat the botters farming endlessly, but there would still be botters. Also what about the legit players? I would love to spend countless hrs farming for a legendary but your system wouldn't make it a week before people started complaining about not being able to play the way they want to legibly

Quote Originally Posted by zmuci View Post
    Most of the items (in fact, all of them I've looked at) are just reused appearances that you got in older raids, so chances are some to most people will already have the appearance (they are in the dungeon journal of you want to look at them).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NotInTheFace0 View Post
    They will be disabled during the world first race.
    Unless it's been reverted, I think they reverted the original choice and they will be in full effect as soon as raids are released.