Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You clearly failing to understand what I meant by 'dictate policy' is your problem, not mine.
    Sure if you don´t want to be understood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

You clearly failing to understand what I meant by 'dictate policy' is your problem, not mine.
    You having your own personal defintions for common words is my problem, how?
    You get to leave so soon it isn't your problem anymore, anyway, isn't it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    You were also saying they are dictating policy.
    Trying to dictate policy, which is what happened in the immediate aftermath of Brexit. Merkel seems to be trying to scupper any attempts they had to actually dictate it though.

It´s not post-Brexit. It´s not even start-Brexit.
    It is post-Brexit vote. There is no point in being in either camp anymore, it would be like proclaiming yourself to be a suffragette, kind of late to the party.

What threats are you even talking about?
    I made that clear early on, my third post in this thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    And in this you look exactly like the Brexiters.
    No, but carry on with your bollocks.

Who was threatening the UK post-Brexit (how would that even work, it hasn't happened, yet. All they did was refute some lies British politicans spread.
    That being said it certainly would be their place to make threats for the good of the remaining citizens of the EU, because those are their responsibility. It is what their oath is all about, serving all citiziens of the EU regardless of nationality. After the Brexit the people in the UK would not be citizens of the EU and if telling them how it is benefits those who are citizens of the EU then that is what the EU should do.
    What are you on about? Refuting lies? What has that got to do with anything? I have no interest in going off on random concepts with some random poster.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Are you serious? the EU was founded during the cold war, I suggest you look it up, before that we had ww2, then the 20's and 30's which saw no unity, before that ww1, I'm sure you're getting the idea. Using Europe before the EU as an example of "everything will be fine", is pretty ignorant.
    no the EU was created in 1993 the cold war era upto 93 was known as the EEC and was nothing like what the EU is now, and there wa only 6 members of the EEC at one point

10+ Year Old Account
    You having your own personal defintions for common words is my problem, how?
    No, I am using the standard English usage, you not understanding that when we are using English is your problem.

You get to leave so soon it isn't your problem anymore, anyway, isn't it?
    When did I renounce my Cypriot citizenship?

15+ Year Old Account
    Trying to dictate policy, which is what happened in the immediate aftermath of Brexit. Merkel seems to be trying to scupper any attempts they had to actually dictate it though.
    You mean proposing legislature? Or did they coerce ministers to vote for anything?

It is post-Brexit vote. There is no point in being in either camp anymore, it would be like proclaiming yourself to be a suffragette, kind of late to the party.
    And up until 2 years after article 50 was invoked you remain a full member of the EU. Ignoring treaties isn´t the best way to go about negotiations.

I made that clear early on, my third post in this thread.
    I will read up on it tomorrow, good night.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Yes. Hopefully sooner rather than later. Realistically? Not in my lifetime.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    4. more bailouts for greece,italy and others, paid for by the richest members of the EU, which are france,germany,UK and others
    and Italy since it's the 4th biggest contributor of the EU with an operating budget (paid - spent) of -2.63B in 2015 and -4.46B in 2014.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    You mean proposing legislature? Or did they coerce ministers to vote for anything?
    No, dictating policy, i.e. dictating the direction the EU should be moving in. Legislation itself is the nuts and bolts, it is administrative in nature.

And up until 2 years after article 50 was invoked you remain a full member of the EU. Ignoring treaties isn´t the best way to go about negotiations.
    Who is ignoring treaties?

Deleted

That is a very strange position.

Britain's relationship with the EU has yet to be determined. We could easily end up with the status quo minus a few changes no one ever cared about to provide an illusion of democracy. Or we could end up leaving not just the EU but the common market altogether. No one can really predict what will happen.

There's still plenty to fight for. In many ways the battle has just begun.

The only people for whom this doesn't matter are those like myself who see no practical difference between the Brussels and Westminster elite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    That is a very strange position.

Britain's relationship with the EU has yet to be determined. We could easily end up with the status quo minus a few changes no one ever cared about to provide an illusion of democracy. Or we could end up leaving not just the EU but the common market altogether. No one can really predict what will happen.

There's still plenty to fight for. In many ways the battle has just begun.

The only people for whom this doesn't matter are those like myself who see no practical difference between the Brussels and Westminster elite.
    Not really a strange position, what would be strange is going out campaigning for Brexit tomorrow. Now we are in the position where Westminster decides what form Brexit takes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    No, not really. The EU is here to stay and the UK will stay in the EU.I fully support Merkel in her stance to help the refugees from Syria, but don't forget that it's not Merkel alone.We're helping those people because most of us want to help the people from Syria.The only thing that might change is that we enforce more rules on countries like Greece or Hungary if they want to keep using our financial means.
    we are not staying in the EU, srsly we are negotiating trade deals with other nations before invoking article 50

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by S7orm View Post
    and Italy since it's the 4th biggest contributor of the EU with an operating budget (paid - spent) of -2.63B in 2015 and -4.46B in 2014.
    And with the Brexit, the third biggest EU economy.

But we live in the post-factual era...

When did I renounce my Cypriot citizenship?
    I thought you did just a few post above when you were all for the UK and Germany to fuck the Cypriots over if only it benefits the political class of those two.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought you did just a few post above when you were all for the UK and Germany to fuck the Cypriots over if only it benefits the political class of those two.
    Oh my God, just stop.

Deleted
    we are not staying in the EU, srsly we are negotiating trade deals with other nations before invoking article 50
    Brexit by now is a complete joke. Not that I'm saying that GB won't leave or not, but you were the ones that decided to vote "Leave", not the EU. You are the ones that were speeding to the exit door, no one was pushing you. And you simply don't leave...

The rest of the EU, right now, no longer cares if you leave or not, everyone already adapted to both facts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    I don't care either way, but it'd be rather funny if the U.K ended up staying in the EU.
    Just so I can have a good laugh.

Deleted
    Not really a strange position, what would be strange is going out campaigning for Brexit tomorrow. Now we are in the position where Westminster decides what form Brexit takes.
    What, you don't believe that our "democracy" can be influenced by the wishes of the electorate?

Strange, you must be coming round to my way of thinking...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Strange, you must be coming round to my way of thinking...
    I highly doubt that.

Deleted
    I can't imagine it falling apart but it will need reforms. I suppose it was the currency union that led to the current problems as in, having very diverse member state economies with different national governments and interests. In the long run I really hope history is on the side of the EU though - it's still within living memory that nations such as France and Germany were bitter geopolitical rivals and the EU has been the catalyst for improving relations across the continent.

I think it's far more likely the UK will collapse personally, let's face it Brexit was an almost breathtaking act of stupidity.