Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Most of the items (in fact, all of them I've looked at) are just reused appearances that you got in older raids, so chances are some to most people will already have the appearance (they are in the dungeon journal of you want to look at them).
    For fucks sake blizzard. Hire a new item design team.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Unless it's been reverted, I think they reverted the original choice and they will be in full effect as soon as raids are released.
    They did revert that, Legendaries are on all the time now, with the known equip limits (one at start, a second can be unlocked through the order hall)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    I think that the legendaries are an absolutely dumbass idea, possibly the worst Blizz have come up with.

The legendaries are like having another tier armour bonus. Except you obtain them by sheer luck - well, tier armour is luck of the draw, but you're pretty much guaranteed to get your tier set if you raid enough, well enough.

But these legendaries? They are random world drops - some of them are ridiculously powerful and I can see them as becoming bones of contention when some have them and some don't. They are bound to introduce an unnecessary element of jealously and in a progress raid guild there is bound to be a pressure on players to obtain them

To me this just looks like a very cheap way of keeping players grinding at world content. I can forsee all sorts of issues with people farming world stuff for weeks trying to get one after someone else in the guild gets lucky and gets one by chance whilst levelling or whatever

The legendary ring was a bad enough grind, but at least it wasn;t entirely RNG (except the shard type thingies, but that wasn't too bad)

But now we will see the random number generator giving people legendary items.

It's just plain bad, I honestly do not know why they thought there was any merit in this idea. I just think it's going to be really bad if you have one or two people in a guild permanently outperforming everyone else just because the RNG gave them something, it's just a massive disincentive to everyone else

Like when they screw up class balance and have one stupidly OP coasting at #1 whilst everyone else works their tits off - after a while you start to think why bother

Yeah, I know people will argue "so long as the boss dies" but we all know that raids tend not to be like that, there's always a competition even in the friendliest of groups, if there wasn't why is Recount so popular?

Bluepost said that they expect *everyone* (everyone includes gamers that don't play very often) to have at least one legendary @ nighthold (probably even before that)
    Rumor says that there is a "bad luck protection" as pretty much everyone found at least 1 leg in beta after a few weeks (not sure how these people could possibly know that though).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Bluepost said that they expect *everyone* (everyone includes gamers that don't play very often) to have at least one legendary @ nighthold (probably even before that)
    Rumor says that there is a "bad luck protection" as pretty much everyone found at least 1 leg in beta after a few weeks (not sure how these people could possibly know that though).
    There was actually a statement or two that Blizz made in an interview.

Source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...Dev-Interviews
    "Some level of bad luck streak protection also applies to legendary items."

Even with the bad luck protection, if you are like me (lucky with rare mount drops but bad with upgrade gear) you will get the healing one for standing still while your raid group gets the amazing damage increases

Deleted
    Most of the legendaries aren't more than +6% dmg (at least the ones for classes I'm interested in) and getting lucky with TF or even WF gear will probably result in the same difference
    The healing leg isn't that bad either because of the stats.

That being said, I'm not a big fan either, because they are spec specific and that sucks...a lot. If they worked like t-sets, I'd be happy. The survival legendaries sound amazing and all of them are useful, MM has +200% burstshot damage (wtf?). I'll pick survival loot because of that, unless I want a relic or trinket... and that's bothering me, as I'm sure I'll forget to switch it out.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-08-26 at 08:57 AM.

Deleted
    Most of the legendaries aren't more than +6% dmg
    In a raid 6% damage is a pretty massive increase in damage though, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitara View Post
    It certainly is, as people min/max to get 1% increases, if not less. 6% of lets say 500k dps is rather huge to be honest. I hope it is as they say, that the legendaries will be "easy" to get, if you farm enough.

Anyone know about the best way to obtain them? Just dungeon spam?
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    They are pretty much changing the game up. They know that one of the best things about the game, is to play with special set-bonuses. That is why raiding have been in high demand, since that is where you got these set bonuses. In Legion, you will now be able to get set-bonus like items, which have a special effect, outside of raiding. Atm, there are no legendary items, as in the old days. There are artifacts, and then there are these special items with special modifcations. We will still proberly see a real legendary like the ring or Warglaives, but OP really needs to wrap your head around these new gear grades.

I would not say that they are fucking the game up. They are changing it a lot, but they are also giving a lot more tools to players, so they can play a bit more with their classes and specs. All in all, we don't know what effect these items will have on the game yet. They might be so super rare, that they will have little impact on the raiding and mythic+ community. They might also be pretty common and easy to get, which will change raiding forever, since gear slots for curtain classes will be BiS from the very start of raiding.

Lets wait undtil the game launches before we give our judgement, but i do agree, that it is a risky move, that blizzard is taking.

Edit: And ofcourse, out of all the things, that might be wrong with Legion, these items are the least of our worries.

That's literally one of the worst parts of the game.

Blizzard prunes and makes base level specs suck and then makes them good again with tier and legendaries. Ever wonder why more people play Diablo 2 than Diablo 3?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitara View Post
    It is, but the difference between classes and specs is/might be just as high etc.
    As I said, it would've been much better if you didn't have to "farm" them for each spec.
    You are much more unlikely to switch out to a different spec if you are using 2 legendaries for one, but 0 for the other one. I think that is a much bigger issue than being worse than the player that has the "better" legendary.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-08-26 at 03:42 PM.