10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    Rostov is pretty bad, but they managed to beat a worse side (Hi Ajax), the other are indeed a little bit unpredictable. Zagreb's pretty strong. They thumped Arsenal last season.
    That wasn't football. That was boys versus men. A problem Ajax is facing now already for over 5 years, and still they keep sending a squad with an average age of around 23 into a EURO game while passing on Siem de Jong and Ziyech because "we have enough midfielder players." It's a pretty sad state of affairs at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    huh?

I was saying I dont agree with their choices in keeper. Referring to the recent transfer of bravo/cilsessen which seems like a downgrade. And of course their ex keeper master valdes I was always a fan.

Deleted
    Ter Stegen is their number one now and is a sensationnal keeper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ajax is getting Tim Krul (the penalty killer) on rent from Newcastle for a year. He is still recovering from an injury though. Regarding Bravo, he is already 32, while Cillessen is only 27, and Ter Stegen will be their number one goalkeeper anyway. Cillessen just goes to Barca to warm the bench, and play cup games. He is a pretty good backup keeper who can pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    Ter Stegen is their number one now and is a sensationnal keeper.
    Thats great but you need two keepers in a club that challenges for the treble. Id take Bravo over cil. They are already using a mid fielder at right back. I rate this as RM season to win the league.

Deleted
    You don't really, as long as Ter Stegen avoids injury they'll be absolutely fine.

Oh West Ham. What are you doing?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Thats great but you need two keepers in a club that challenges for the treble. Id take Bravo over cil. They are already using a mid fielder at right back. I rate this as RM season to win the league.
    You don't need 2 keepers to challenge for the treble

Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    You don't need 2 keepers to challenge for the treble
    Last year barca ran Bravo in the league(which they won) and Ter Stegan in the cups like UCL. You're suggesting using Ter Stegan every game?

Deleted
    Yes? Not a box to box midfielder with potential burnout problems.

Last year barca ran Bravo in the league(which they won) and Ter Stegan in the cups like UCL. You're suggesting using Ter Stegan every game?
    Yes, you use your top keeper every game (other than maybe the kings cup). Only reason why Barca did it that way before was because they had 2 top keepers.

Deleted
    Talksport is golden right now.
    Cundy ripped West Ham a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    The atmosphere hasn't been great for the past couple of seasons, but I'm reliably informed it was pretty amazing on Friday night.
    Yep, it was a great atmosphere, I noticed that way more people stayed 'til the final whistle than usual.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    Predictions from me (Those who disagree can F off)
    Final to be held in Millennium Stadium, Cardiff

Group C:
    FC Barcelona - Winner
    Manchester City FC - Second place
    VfB Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Celtic FC
    Calling it now. Celtic are going to get a lucky goal and hold on for a heroic 1-0 victory in Barcelona and immediately get lumped 3-0 at home next match and lose all their games thereafter. It's in their Euro-DNA.

Interested to hear what our resident Arsenal fan thinks of Lucas Perez and Shkodran Mustafi. Mustafi has to be welcome but is Lucas the quality you were looking for?

No you don't.
    What Barca did last season, one keeper for the cl, one for the league was/is an exception.

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    No you don't.
    What Barca did last season, one keeper for the cl, one for the league was/is an exception.
    So you just pray he doesnt get injured or concussed which the latter happens a lot to keepers? Why do nearly all top teams have 2 great keepers?

People never run at keepers at full speed or knee/elbow them in the head. Never.

Look at T-bone last year for chelsea and the wonders that did for their early season
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2016-08-25 at 09:54 PM.

Deleted
    Who is Juventus' backup keeper? Does he get a game?
    Who is Real Madrid's current backup keeper? Does he get a game?

Barca will play Ter Stegen whenever possible now that Bravo has gone. They knew Bravo wasn't long for the club, thus why Ter stegen was being placated by being played in the CL.

So you just pray he doesnt get injured or concussed which the latter happens a lot to keepers? Why do nearly all top teams have 2 great keepers?

People never run at keepers at full speed or knee/elbow them in the head. Never.

Look at T-bone last year for chelsea and the wonders that did for their early season

Usually you have three keepers.
    But they are only playing if the number one is injured.
    They are not nearly as important as backup players on other positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    Who is Juventus' backup keeper? Does he get a game?
    Who is Real Madrid's current backup keeper? Does he get a game?
    Neto is Juve back up keeper to Buffon one of the top 3 rated keepers in the game.
    RM have Kiko Casillas who is likely to be their future after the mighty Navas is gone or they buy DDG. RM are a buying club.

Next you'll mention Neuer the best keeper in the world?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    Usually you have three keepers.
    But they are only playing if the number one is injured.
    They are not nearly as important as backup players on other positions.
    They normally get cheaper/younger alternatives that train up with the squad yes.

Deleted
    Navas played every game for RM last season, as did Buffon.

You don't need two top keepers to fight on all fronts.

Injuries to keepers are surprisingly rare.

lets see how Barca do come the end of the season. Will be happy to admit im wrong