Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Any way to check if guildies put items in ah?

Well guys you know in Legion as a guild we need to craft items for raiders in need before EN is out. I wish I could trust that everyone would deposit their mats in the guild bank but there might be someone who would decide to put them in ah for gold profit. Is there a way to know if/when specific people(guildies) put items on ah?

10+ Year Old Account
    If they farm the mats they're free to do what they like with them, really. Sure it'd be helpful if they put them in the guild bank but you can't expect people to want to do stuff like that if you're trying to force them to.

is this for real?

7+ Year Old Account
    LOL that sounds like a quality guild. Good god some of you guys get fucking nutty about stupid things.

This thread is not going to end well. Expect replies along the line of "you can't control them" and "they can do whatever they want with their crafted items".

But I somewhat agree with them. If you're a top 5 world guild then I would understand, if not who cares... it's their toons and they are putting work into their crafting and should receive gold for it, not give it to someone who might not be in the guild a month later.

But yeah, you shouldn't care. Save yourself time. If some guildies help out great, if others sell them thats their choice.
    Pally Collector, 785+ Mounts, 1740+ Pets, 715+ Toys, 34000+ achieves.

Regardless of OP's desire to build a communist utopia, I don't think that this is possible. Even if one were to memorize each guildie's character name, they would eventually pick up on that and start listing stuff on alts instead.

15+ Year Old Account
    Have ppl ask for mats they need, for what item they gon make, then check if they use the item?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Here's hoping people get the fuck out of your guild asap.

If they farmed it, it is theirs and they can do what they want. And most use bank alts anyway. If it is from guild bank, just put restrictions on taking from that tab.

Yeah OK Lenin....

Quote Originally Posted by I Regret Nothing View Post
    Regardless of OP's desire to build a communist utopia
    If it was a communist utopia, this request would be pointless as there would be nothing to check for.

Now, if he wants to build an autocratic dictatorship, that's a different issue, but there's still no actual way he can stop them.

Deleted
    Hey guys take it easy a bit. I had to check what I typed in the OP to make sure I didn't state something extreme. I started the thread to ask for information if there is a way to check that. I didn't say that I would use this info in any way. You all made assumptions :P. I agree with most of the posts but damn, no one answered the question :P

Consider this: If you don't want to do anything with the information, why do you want it in the first place?

Deleted
    i imagine you could adjust a AH addon to check it.

but really, if you have to enforce this kind of rules, it's just gonna end in drama of some sort. this kind of stuff only works on a voluntary basis.

you can do armory stalking too for what they craft, but not what reagents they collect.
    there is probably also gather addons that share data that you could rewrite.

You can kind of do that with Undermine Journal? Search their char names, wont work if they use a bank alt you don't know about, and you really shouldn't try to force ppl to give up their farmed mats if they don't want to. I also don't think it would track anything by name that's been recently sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordrol View Post
    Hey guys take it easy a bit. I had to check what I typed in the OP to make sure I didn't state something extreme. I started the thread to ask for information if there is a way to check that. I didn't say that I would use this info in any way. You all made assumptions :P. I agree with most of the posts but damn, no one answered the question :P
    no there isn't, but i remember way back in vanilla or tbc some guild asked their member for a monthly mats contribution and if peoples were to ask for a crafted item mats would be taken from the guild bank, all the golds they pay for that item would be used to found guild repair for raider.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    -taking wow raiding as a job

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    If it was a communist utopia, this request would be pointless as there would be nothing to check for.

Now, if he wants to build an autocratic dictatorship, that's a different issue, but there's still no actual way he can stop them.
    I'll meet you halfway and call it a communist dictatorship. He's basically asking guildies to forfeit private ownership for the benefit of the have-nots.

Quote Originally Posted by nvn View Post
    -taking wow raiding as a job
    hey wasn't the main blizzard's objective for legion to bring back the social aspect of the game?

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Yeah no this thread is reacting exactly to what you said.

You said that your guildies should deposit the mats they find during their playtime in the gbank and not sell it for personal use.

That concept is so hilariously dictatorial that everyone is laughing at you.
    The fact you don't even see what is wrong with this statement shows how lost you are.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death