Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I gotta say, this game was pretty fucking amazing for a fanmade project. I had to constantly remind myself that it wasn't an official game. I've been saying for years that Nintendo should get up off their collective ass and make new 2D Metroid games, and it seems that the fanbase had to do it for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    I gotta say, this game was pretty fucking amazing for a fanmade project. I had to constantly remind myself that it wasn't an official game. I've been saying for years that Nintendo should get up off their collective ass and make new 2D Metroid games, and it seems that the fanbase had to do it for them.
    Nintendo pretty much got served here. Maybe they will give us a Metroid game ... and Metroid Maker!

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    Nintendo pretty much got served here. Maybe they will give us a Metroid game ... and Metroid Maker!
    Oh my sweet Summer Child... No. Nintendo will now punish us for our love of Metroid and this fan game. Now they will kill the franchise, we will only see Metroid related stuff in Smash games from now on. If at all, Samus may become just a trophy.

Today Nintendo put the final nail in the coffin of this game by personally contacting the developer with a DMCA.

"Nintendo of America, Inc. has filed a takedown request under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). I received the request on my personal email, so I'm complying with their requests.

There will be no more AM2R updates, and no more releases under any platform.

Thank you for the support during all these years."
    Source