Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    You guys are that hard up? During my hardcore days we sold enough runs to pay for the next cracks crafted out of gbank, then as a bonus every raider got 80k for chants and gems, before the first raid. Try it.

10+ Year Old Account
    If your guild isn't of the mindset to put all mats in the bank for progress, you're not getting world or possibly even server first if you're on a big realm. Tryharding or insane micro won't get you jack shit other than disillusioned raiders, and possibly a bad rep on your server.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Deleted
    I'm amazed how many people do not understand that guilds were and always will be a dictatorship. Yes, you can pretend to be more liberal, but in the end guild master has final say. Your options are either agree or leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post
    You guys are that hard up? During my hardcore days we sold enough runs to pay for the next cracks crafted out of gbank, then as a bonus every raider got 80k for chants and gems, before the first raid. Try it.
    See the thing is. The guild leaders who get this in their heads are not the top guilds, their not the ones making bank. There the 'shitty' guilds who desperately try to imitate the top because they would be server 5th or whatever if only all their raiders donated their crafting mats to the guild bank.

If the top guilds needed mats they would simply tell all of their raiders to deposit 200 cloth by next week, and their raiders would do it because everyone at that level understands the commitment that is asked of them.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

The easiest solution : check who puts stuff in the guild bank/who helps the guildies.

They have the right not to and you have the right to kick them if you want.

Homophobia is so gay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    I'm amazed how many people do not understand that guilds were and always will be a dictatorship. Yes, you can pretend to be more liberal, but in the end guild master has final say. Your options are either agree or leave.
    And I am sure if OP tries this shit a fair number will leave. The beginning of an expansion is an INSANE gold making opportunity, especially if said person missed the garrison gravy train like I did. It's a lot like the gear reset, but with money, but less pronounced.

I sold 1, at least 2 Tiger decks before using one for myself in MoP opening, and don't regret it at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Yes and?
    A dictator cannot simply demand whatever he wants. That's how revolutions happen.
    The trick is to know what your raiders want and are willing to do and to keep them happy. Because as you said, they will simply leave if you don't.

For a nice and contextual example of that look to Method splitting into Serenity.
    That is a dictator saying "X will happen" and his raiders going "F that shit, we are out of here".

If you really do this, you're a piece of shit. I hate overbearing guilds with ridiculous rules like this. There was a guild on one of the servers I played on that prohibited members of its raid team from talking in trade chat. They'd get kicked if they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Teevo View Post
    If you really do this, you're a piece of shit. I hate overbearing guilds with ridiculous rules like this. There was a guild on one of the servers I played on that prohibited members of its raid team from talking in trade chat. They'd get kicked if they did.
    just in general? Wow that is indeed harsh.

One of my old guilds had a rule of no talking in general chat during raids, that at least I can understand to keep people somewhat focused while raiding. (we joked more then enough among ourselves to not need general chat).

Another example of how people can't protect themselves from their own insanity.
    Beta Club Brosquad

While the OP's wishes are sort of difficult to police (if not impossible), I'm also surprised that it's acceptable to scrutinize players via logging, but asking players to contribute to the benefit of the raid team is asking too much according to this thread.

Back to the topic at hand: Why not devise a system where you figure out how many mats you want to keep on hand for the start of the expansion, then simply require each player to bring their share of it to the table? You get what you think the team needs, and players are free to continue selling overages. Win-win.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Yes and?
    A dictator cannot simply demand whatever he wants. That's how revolutions happen.
    The trick is to know what your raiders want and are willing to do and to keep them happy. Because as you said, they will simply leave if you don't.

For a nice and contextual example of that look to Method splitting into Serenity.
    That is a dictator saying "X will happen" and his raiders going "F that shit, we are out of here".
    There's a Russian saying "don’t bring your own set of rules into monastery". Which is what pretty much all people here are doing.

I've never said dictators are free of consequences, but that does not take away OPs right to set guild rules and enforce them through punishment, regardless if people thing that's a good idea or not. I'm pretty sure if he was asking for a way to track guildmates who participate in anal spam in trade, no one would complain. I simply do not like hypocrisy.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    While the OP's wishes are sort of difficult to police (if not impossible), I'm also surprised that it's acceptable to scrutinize players via logging, but asking players to contribute to the benefit of the raid team is asking too much according to this thread.

Back to the topic at hand: Why not devise a system where you figure out how many mats you want to keep on hand for the start of the expansion, then simply require each player to bring their share of it to the table? You get what you think the team needs, and players are free to continue selling overages. Win-win.
    And there you have stumbled upon the difference and the reason why people are reacting the way they are.

It is one thing to ask players to contribute a little to help the guild supply people with crafted gear. (even if that involves a mandatory amount)
    Its is something else to demand your players turn over their loot.

Because the OP is not asking for 50 mats per player (or whatever amount), because its easy to track who doesn't do his share.
    No, he wants it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    And there you have stumbled upon the difference and the reason why people are reacting the way they are.

It is one thing to ask players to contribute a little to help the guild supply people with crafted gear. (even if that involves a mandatory amount)
    Its is something else to demand your players turn over their loot.

Because the OP is not asking for 50 mats per player (or whatever amount), because its easy to track who doesn't do his share.
    No, he wants it all.
    Good point. Perhaps I skimmed his post too quickly. I agree with you.

There's a Russian saying "don’t bring your own set of rules into monastery". Which is what pretty much all people here are doing.

I've never said dictators are free of consequences, but that does not take away OPs right to set guild rules and enforce them through punishment, regardless if people thing that's a good idea or not. I'm pretty sure if he was asking for a way to track guildmates who participate in anal spam in trade, no one would complain. I simply do not like hypocrisy.
    And no one here denies his right to set his own rules. We just ridicule him for how absurd they are.

And yes, people would complain if you want to track people talking in channels on their on time.

Third option - ignore stupid, unenforceable rules. Do your AHing on an alt unknown to the guild. If you don't have one, get one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teevo View Post

During tbc I had a guy (officer at the time) blaming me and wanting to kick me because I insulted a guy that camped me for an hour during leveling (I pmed him on a forum). He was talking about the prestige of our guild falling down
    My guild at the time didn't give a fuck, after a month I was an officer and the main tank while he got kicked.

If someone care about what people think of him on a fucking game I have bad news for him

Quote Originally Posted by trystera View Post
    Third option - ignore stupid, unenforceable rules. Do your AHing on an alt unknown to the guild. If you don't have one, get one.
    Yea no point prohibiting, people will find a way anyway.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    If you're a top 5 world guild then I would understand, if not who cares...
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    If your guild isn't of the mindset to put all mats in the bank for progress, you're not getting world or possibly even server first if you're on a big realm. Tryharding or insane micro won't get you jack shit other than disillusioned raiders, and possibly a bad rep on your server.
    Both these quotes kind of crack me up. The few high end guilds I have been in made so much gold from selling gear that farming by the members wasn't even a consideration. Back in BC/wrath you could make a fortune selling raid level player made gear and carries. These days, the amount of gold a top end guild can make through carry runs... Its laughable to think these players are worried about mats when its far more efficient and lucrative to make gold and buy what is needed.

https://theunderminejournal.com

Find your server, search by character name.

All of these people focusing on the OP being a control freak, nobody bothered to answer.

Enjoy being a Dictator OP, your members will guaranteed be annoyed by the sort of thing if you try to hold it against them. Consider positive reinforcement instead.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

wtf is with all these replies acting like this isn't a normal thing to do in a progression guild?

I'm really confused.
    Obviously its not mandatory to be contributing resources, but it is absolutely expected in my guild.
    It has been since Wrath and will continue to be in the future.
    Its a guild after all. Everyone can put forward a small amount of materials to help the guild succeed overall.

I too wish there was a way to see who was and wasn't contributing. Not because I would kick them, but because it would give me a better idea about who actually cares about helping others and who only cares about themselves.

Unfortunately, there is no way to track this.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV