Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    I'm going to play bm in arena and idc what nonsense sim you think can simulate that lol.
    PvP'ers were never good readers. xd

The start of cataclysm is a great example of why you should just go with what you like. Hunters were getting drastic hotfixes almost nightly, and we had to re-learn our rotations a few times in a single month. I remember when hunters were hotfixed mid-raid and our rotation changed in the middle of an encounter.

My point is until we have our artifacts maxed (or near maxed) in a few months, min/maxers are just going to have to accept they won't have the best setup for every single situation and encounter. You can't go wrong with either BM or MM and griping about which to go right now - when the numbers could be drastically tweaked before the first raids even open - doesn't make much sense.
    Last edited by tyrindor; 2016-08-21 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    7-10% but that figure is irrelevant.
    Interesting question - what is the gap between a 50% percentile mythic hunter (eg an 'average' mythic hunter) and a 90% percentile with the legion MM spec (percentiles of just mythic hunters, not all hunters)? I would have thought perhaps 20% from my raid experience.

we have data on that with WOD hunter, but probably not enough yet for legion MM.

my biggest cocern about mm has been lack of mobility, but of the fights I have seen so far they arent demanding high moment. though I do wounder how much that gap shrinks in high movement fights if at all.

If you like boredom, BM is the best spec in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by silverstarzs View Post
    Interesting question - what is the gap between a 50% percentile mythic hunter (eg an 'average' mythic hunter) and a 90% percentile with the legion MM spec (percentiles of just mythic hunters, not all hunters)? I would have thought perhaps 20% from my raid experience.

we have data on that with WOD hunter, but probably not enough yet for legion MM.
    There's not really any way to know since there are no 50th percentile or 90th percentile players in an expansion that isn't out yet. Prepatch numbers are irrelevant since high percentiles are mostly achieved by killing bosses fast, there's a massive gap in killtimes on live. There won't be for progression.

PvP'ers were never good readers. xd
    Neither are people that joined in a pvp thread posting sims lol. like we care hahaha

Deleted
    My hunter has been Beastmastery for last 2 expansions, but I'm seriously considering switching to Markmanship for Legion. Main reason is, BM artifact weapon is a gun, and I strongly prefer bows over guns.

Deleted
    If you play one now and you are having doubts then probably yes

Quote Originally Posted by Azurae View Post
    My hunter has been Beastmastery for last 2 expansions, but I'm seriously considering switching to Markmanship for Legion. Main reason is, BM artifact weapon is a gun, and I strongly prefer bows over guns.
    You realize you can xmog over the gun, right?

I think the real issue here is that not only are you shoehorned into specs, you are shoehorned on whether you want to do PvE better and be subpar at pvp, or vice versa. All because of artifacts. (for example feral has a artifact talent that makes roots not break on bleeds, useless for PvE but 100% required in PvP)

I'm maining a feral this expac, and alt maining a BM Hunter. I love both specs at PvP, but I am also a US 100 top raider so i try to have some form of semblance of being decent (xD). It sucks that I can't just swap back and forth and that I might be gimping myself in both of my activities I like to do in this game :/
    Last edited by renji1337; 2016-08-26 at 03:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eathdemon View Post
    my biggest cocern about mm has been lack of mobility, but of the fights I have seen so far they arent demanding high moment. though I do wounder how much that gap shrinks in high movement fights if at all.
    The mobility isn't a big issue tbh, and the LoS factor is quite overated when you compare it to other ranged caster classes.
    In PvP, MM plays quite similar to fire mage. Marked targets are like hot streaks and marked shots are like instant pyros (except they can hit both single and multiple targets).
    Aimed Shot is like Fireball and Bursting Shot is like Dragon's breath.

The only caster with mobility that is similar to BM is Affliction Warlock.

MM's mobility today is far better than what it was in WoD and it's still the only ranged caster where the cast times can't be interrupted. That's pretty advantageous imo.

Check out Cartoonz coverage on MM here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9WUn4xJOPY
    or Return's video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAwkLePqq7I

To the OP: Either spec will likely work in PvP and it just depends what flavour you prefer. BM does have the edge if you like to pillar hump while doing damage even though LoS at the expense of CC. Pick your poison

There's not really any way to know since there are no 50th percentile or 90th percentile players in an expansion that isn't out yet. Prepatch numbers are irrelevant since high percentiles are mostly achieved by killing bosses fast, there's a massive gap in killtimes on live. There won't be for progression.

Why are you even posting in this thread when you are a carebear. just stop posting. This literally has nothing to do with PVE and all you are doing is spouting PVE numbers.

Nice meme. 10chars

Nice meme. 10chars
    You literally derailed the thread then admit to not being much of a PvPer AND didn't read the actual question. gotta get that post count up somehow i suppose? The fact that you make fun of PvPers for not being much on reading comprehension is quite hypocritical of you. That work a little better for you?

How is MM mobility better when you cannot cast AiS on the move?
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by scias2 View Post
    You literally derailed the thread then admit to not being much of a PvPer AND didn't read the actual question. gotta get that post count up somehow i suppose? The fact that you make fun of PvPers for not being much on reading comprehension is quite hypocritical of you. That work a little better for you?
    So you're gonna repair it by bringing it up 5 days after the fact when the thread has gotten back on track? How fucking stupid can you be?

So you're gonna repair it by bringing it up 5 days after the fact when the thread has gotten back on track? How fucking stupid can you be?
    forums are forever, who gives a shit how long ago it was posted. You shitposted through 8 pages. I read through the whole thing and came away pissed about some douche fucking up the thread because he obviously has no life but can't take the time to read a couple sentences.

Edit: If you don't want posts about you being a douche perhaps delete your previous posts?
    Last edited by scias2; 2016-08-26 at 08:39 AM.

I'm fine with some random idiot I've never met before thinking I'm a douche.

I'm done with you, good day.

I'm fine with some random idiot I've never met before thinking I'm a douche.

I'm done with you, good day.
    Thanks for explicitly letting me win the argument, not fixing your image and not refuting anything i said. G'day m8.