The best thing about Trump is that he isn't Hillary. The worst thing about Trump is that he is Trump.

The worst thing about Hillary is that she is Hillary, the best thing about Hillary is that she's 70. We need a first GOOD woman President or they won't elect another one for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Zormis View Post
    The best thing about Trump is that he isn't Hillary. The worst thing about Trump is that he is Trump.

The worst thing about Hillary is that she is Hillary, the best thing about Hillary is that she's 70. We need a first GOOD woman President or they won't elect another one for years.
    The democrats will never again run a straight white male for president. Ever. Calling it. So it makes a woman/"minority" guaranteed.

They know what a raging success the die-versity strategy is and will take it from here to forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Incredibale View Post
    The democrats will never again run a straight white male for president. Ever. Calling it. So it makes a woman/"minority" guaranteed.

They know what a raging success the die-versity strategy is and will take it from here to forever.
    Ah yes you do have a good point.

7+ Year Old Account
    Interesting article on how the GOP had the chance to deal with the Trump and didn't bother.

Hillary Clinton’s Alt-Right Speech Was Shrewd Strategy
    It was the speech GOP leaders should’ve given when they had the chance.

On Thursday afternoon, speaking to an audience in Reno, Nevada, Hillary Clinton took a knife to Donald Trump’s campaign.

The subject of her speech was a movement called the “alt-right.” To the vast majority of Americans, this means nothing. And that “vast majority” includes most of the audience for the 2016 presidential election. If you watch broadcast and cable news, if you read newspapers and magazines, if you listen to political radio and podcasts, there’s a strong chance you haven’t heard the term either. But if you experience politics through social media—and Twitter in particular—the alt-right is an all-too-familiar phenomenon.

Broadly, the alt-right is a loose collection of bloggers, activists, intellectuals, and media figures. It’s conservative but unconcerned with the usual right-wing platform of low spending, low taxes, and small government. Instead, the alt-right is preoccupied with the status of white America, which it sees as under siege from Hispanic immigration, diversity, and “political correctness.” The alt-right has its origins in the white nationalists and “white identity” movements of the 1990s, but in the past year, it has found a home on Twitter and other social media, where adherents traffic in white supremacist and anti-Semitic memes; threaten and harass female, nonwhite, and Jewish users; and decry “white genocide,” defined as multiculturalism. These users see themselves as an intellectual and political vanguard defending European civilization from the brown hordes. In reality, they’re white supremacists with a knack for branding.

If these white supremacists are relevant, it’s because of Donald Trump. In ways small and large, the Republican nominee for president has legitimized their presence in public life, from retweeting alt-right Twitter accounts and sharing anti-Semitic memes to his followers, to hiring the executive chairman of Breitbart (an online haven for the movement), to courting figures such as Nigel Farage, the Brexit tubthumper who stirs up similar sentiments of racism and xenophobia. Trump is their avatar, and he welcomes their attention.

The upside, for Trump, is that it gives him a fervent base of supporters who evangelize on his behalf in every medium they can access. The downside is that it makes Trump toxic to vast groups of Americans. Fifty-nine percent of voters, according to a new poll from Quinnipiac University, say that “the way Donald Trump talks appeals to bigotry.” Likewise, in polling by the Trump campaign, large numbers describe the real estate mogul as “unqualified” and “racist.” These numbers are why Trump has lost white voters with degrees—the first Republican to do so since the advent of modern polling—and why he struggles with white women in particular.

All of which is why, for the past week, Trump has tried to soften his approach, with an attempt at performing empathy for black voters and a newly muddled stance on immigration, meant to appeal to hardliners and moderates. If it works, if Trump can show those white voters that he’s not as rigid and prejudiced as he might seem, then he could make gains. He could even have a shot at the White House.

Clinton’s address on Thursday had one goal: to tie Trump to the alt-right by reminding voters of his statements and associations, going back to the beginning of his campaign. And she did just that. “We all remember when Trump said a distinguished federal judge born in Indiana couldn’t be trusted to do his job because, quote, ‘He’s a Mexican,’ ” said Clinton, reminding her audience of Trump’s attacks on Gonzalo Curiel, the judge presiding over the lawsuit against Trump University. “His campaign famously posted an anti-Semitic image—a Star of David imposed over a sea of dollar bills—that first appeared on a white supremacist website,” she went on, pointing back to an example from earlier in the summer. She kept on, citing incident after incident in which Trump indulged in bigotry and hatred, from his claim that American Muslims cheered the 9/11 attacks to his long-standing birtherism.

Her most important move in the speech was to contrast Trump’s behavior with that of past Republican presidents and nominees. Clinton favorably cited Bob Dole’s admonition against racists during the 1996 Republican National Convention, praised George W. Bush for his outreach to Muslim Americans after 9/11, and highlighted John McCain for his pushback against racist conspiracy theories during the 2008 presidential election.

As analysis, Clinton’s argument about Trump’s distance from the rest of the GOP is wrong. At various points in their campaigns, those Republicans gave their winks and nods to the most toxic elements in their party. And broadly, the Republican Party has long appealed to the white racial resentment and hostility that now fuels the Trump campaign in explicit form.

As strategy, however, Clinton’s approach is shrewd. She could tie the entire GOP to Trump, but at the risk of embattling Republican voters and activating a tribal loyalty to the party. By distancing Trump from the Republican mainstream, she offers those voters another choice: You can vote for me, or if that’s too much, you can just not vote at all. Either way, Trump’s margin shrinks. And if those voters decide to abandon the polls in November, it could bolster Democrats even further as they try to take the House and Senate back from the Republican Party.

In the meantime, by highlighting Trump’s prejudiced rhetoric and his close ties to white supremacists, Clinton disrupts his attempted pivot, forcing him to litigate these questions and even provoking him and his allies into reinforcing her argument.

Neither Clinton nor her campaign brought much fanfare to this address. The speech was short, the audience was small, and the proceedings were a bit more sedate than the usual political rally. But that’s because this wasn’t a usual speech, a fact underscored by Clinton’s delivery, which was calm—almost conversational. In the years since the Civil Rights Act of 1964, it has not been normal for a major party nominee, such as Donald Trump, to have open ties to white nationalists and conspiracy theorists. It has not been normal for that nominee to push religious discrimination as a matter of public policy. It has not been normal for him to attack federal officials on the basis of their heritage.

That Clinton gave this speech at all is another stark reminder that this election is not normal and that the stakes—the potential elevation of outright white supremacists in government and society—are incredibly high. And if there’s a question to take away from Thursday, it’s this one: Why couldn’t Republican leaders say this when they had the chance?

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a..._strategy.html

What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

So because I refuse to be a good little GOP never trumper, I am automatically a white nationalist alt right fanatic that hates Hillary Clinton only because shes a woman, and not a corrupt wall street backed, globalist pawn?

Did I get that straight?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by twelvethirty View Post
    So because I refuse to be a good little GOP never trumper, I am automatically a white nationalist alt right fanatic that hates Hillary Clinton only because shes a woman, and not a corrupt wall street backed, globalist pawn?

Did I get that straight?
    Uh no. You must be fun at party's as well if that's how you introduce yourself...

10+ Year Old Account

What?

Sanders had a good go at the nomination and he wasn't even a real Democrat. Had he joined the party 2-3 years ago he could have really gave Clinton a run for her money.

Biden would have smoked Clinton, he doesn't seem like some who would want to be president though.

What you'll see going on from here on out is a more diverse field of candidates. That means they're could or could not be a straight white male. The chances of another one are lower because the field is being leveled, not because they won't pick one.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by twelvethirty View Post
    Well, Trump is the official head of the GOP by virtue of being nominated for your party to run for president. So...I mean, why wouldn't I? If you don't espouse the views of the person your party chose to lead itself, surely you'd want to say something to that effect?

I mean, if you went to Alabama, I'd expect you to root for Alabama. If I said "Roll Tide" and you said "Actually I root for Auburn" I'd think that was pretty odd, but acceptable. But if you expected me to know that, without you saying something, you'd be the foolish one.

Also, you're kind of tipping your hand by "corrupt" and "wall street". But that horse is really fucking dead at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    What?

Sanders had a good go at the nomination and he wasn't even a real Democrat. Had he joined the party 2-3 years ago he could have really gave Clinton a run for her money.

Biden would have smoked Clinton, he doesn't seem like some who would want to be president though.

What you'll see going on from here on out is a more diverse field of candidates. That means they're could or could not be a straight white male. The chances of another one are lower because the field is being leveled, not because they won't pick one.
    Sanders was never in a million years going to get the nom. The DNC made sure of that. Not only them, but BLM and other race obsessed groups pulled the race card as hard as they could. "He didn't pander to us enough!"

It certainly does seem like the left has deemed white men to be the most vile of humans.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    I mean you're pretty fucking obsessed with race yourself
    I can't say it's really that surprising that the race baiters are throwing out race bait accusations like throwing out candy at a parade.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    It certainly does seem like the left has deemed white men to be the most vile of humans.
    I'm a white male. I feel pretty welcomed by the left.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sanders was never in a million years going to get the nom. The DNC made sure of that. Not only them, but BLM and other race obsessed groups pulled the race card as hard as they could. "He didn't pander to us enough!"
    Like I said, had Sanders been Democrat for more than 1 year he would have gained more support. Of course the DNC wasn't going to welcome him if he was only a Democrat long enough to get on their ballet. Even then he was able to gain a considerable amount of support against the candidate the more or less chose in 2008 to be this cycles nominee.

And Sanders didn't pander? How many times did he talk about being in the Civil Rights Movement, did he say white people didn't understand property like minorities, how many times did he imply that the justice system was stacked against black males simply selling weed? The only part of BLM that strictly opposed Sanders were the standard trolls.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I'm a white male. I feel pretty welcomed by the left.
    Probably because you don't think like Saucexorzski when it comes to minorities. You know, like that all the minorities are the people that cause the problems of the country like Trump thinks they are.

7+ Year Old Account
    Gotta admit, I chuckled.

Thank you for that, it was hilarious. That is why I wish that the MMO-C moderation team would make it an infractable offense for calling someone a cuck.

15+ Year Old Account
    Okay, I laughed hysterically.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

I've raised flocks of chickens, they are much cleaner birds then ducks. Anyways what's a cuck? Is it the counter to cis? These new insult terms now a days don't make any since to me.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    I've raised flocks of chickens, they are much cleaner birds then ducks
    Yeah but...turkeys. Seriously, don't go there.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Probably because you don't think like Saucexorzski when it comes to minorities. You know, like that all the minorities are the people that cause the problems of the country like Trump thinks they are.
    More like Christians have been the largest problem for the states for a while, but more and more it seems to be leftist that, now being in power, want to place thier form of morality into law. Was shit when Republicans did it, it's shit now that dems are doing it.

Basicly it comes down to me feeling Americans are like a trust fund kid. To spoiled to appreciate what we have. I am a "let America suffer" voter for trump. Hate me for what I am not this notion that I hate minorites...it's don't limit it to just them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Yeah but...turkeys. Seriously, don't go there.
    I didn't, did have 8 geese tho...they are just larger ducks I terms of behavior.