Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Where do I want to be standing to start the expansion?

To put it another way, where do I pick up the very first quest once it goes live (or if it's automatically broadcast to you, where will I be heading to turn it in?)
    I'm an alliance druid, should it matter.

Deleted
    You will be sent to Dalaran above Karazhan to start the quest that teleports the city. Personally, I'll wait on the ground in Deadwind Pass until the quest appears and then simply fly up. It's only 10 seconds to Dalaran, but if that cell goes down I'll be in the clear.

North end of Gorgrond.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by threeks View Post
    North end of Gorgrond.
    No no, north coast on Bloodmyst Isle of course

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ameasun View Post
    You will be sent to Dalaran above Karazhan to start the quest that teleports the city. Personally, I'll wait on the ground in Deadwind Pass until the quest appears and then simply fly up. It's only 10 seconds to Dalaran, but if that cell goes down I'll be in the clear.
    Either this, or at the portal to Dalaran in your capital city I guess. But I think it'll be more reliable, stability-wise, to camp out just outside Deadwind Pass, like swamp of sorrows, just outside the lagfest ready to swoop in
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Pretty sure Khadgar 's Legendary Assistant(tm) will pop up and slap you in the face with the first quest no matter where you are so no worries about the getting started part at least

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OsisNie View Post
    To put it another way, where do I pick up the very first quest once it goes live (or if it's automatically broadcast to you, where will I be heading to turn it in?)
    I'm an alliance druid, should it matter.
    Log out in Dalaran that is currently hovering over Karazan, and make sure you've completed the pre-expansion quest line. Dalaran will teleport to the Broken Isles when Legion goes live.
    Last edited by I stand in fire; 2016-08-25 at 08:09 PM.
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.

Quote Originally Posted by I stand in fire View Post
    Log out in Dalaran that is currently hovering over Karazan, and make sure you've completed the pre-expansion quest line.
    And have some sort of slowfall buff active.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    And have some sort of slowfall buff active.
    I don't think that will be necessary.
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ameasun View Post
    I'd take the portal inside Stormwind Keep

Deleted
    Dalaran in deadwind pass.

Quote Originally Posted by I stand in fire View Post
    I don't think that will be necessary.
    It's randomly disappeared before already.

Seems like you'll want to be either in Orgrimmar/Stormwind by the portal to Dalaran, or actually in Dalaran next to Khadgar.
    If only I could be so grossly incandescent.

silithus

all profession teachers will be there to get you started on your journey to 800 - hit them up before you go to dal

silithus
    ~steppin large and laughin easy~

Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    Either this, or at the portal to Dalaran in your capital city I guess. But I think it'll be more reliable, stability-wise, to camp out just outside Deadwind Pass, like swamp of sorrows, just outside the lagfest ready to swoop in

This. If you think standing directly by the questgiver the moment the xpac launches is a good idea you clearly didn't play any of the previous expansions at launch.

Dalaran above Karazhan.

The Exodar, obviously.

Deleted
    In the room of upside down sinners.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It's randomly disappeared before already.
    The guy he quoted is a Druid

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinAscendant View Post
    This. If you think standing directly by the questgiver the moment the xpac launches is a good idea you clearly didn't play any of the previous expansions at launch.
    I'm honestly glad I read your post. I parked both of my guys that I'm leveling right away inside thE central chamber. Didn't even remotely think about it
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Considering we haven't seen the final Deadwind Dalaran quest yet, I'm gonna place myself right by Khadgar and then just wait for the quest to appear.