Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Arthas soul should be able to even take over the void lord minds. Just for fan service, as WotlK and the whole "he defeated the mastermind ner'zhuls mind". Never forgive, never forget.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morros View Post
    Arthas' soul is still trapped inside the splintered shards of Frostmourne.

If you're not playing a Frost DK, go watch the youtube video of the artifact scenario, not saying anything more about it here.
    Those are echoes, not the actual spirits.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    The ultimate redemption would be Sargeras...and Archimonde and Kil'jeaden after that.
    sargeras is basically a giant illidan. ends justify the means kind of folk, both enslave races, both rationalize their evil by pointing to a greater evil, only difference is that illi didnt kill his brother

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Got a source for that? As far as I know Frostmourne took souls not echoes, and it took Arthas' soul a long time ago.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    i was wondering that, they made nerzhul look ridiculous

Deleted
    To the bog of eternal stench

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morros View Post
    Got a source for that? As far as I know Frostmourne took souls not echoes, and it took Arthas' soul a long time ago.
    Try looking at a more recent video of the event. The mobs were renamed to echoes (also seen on wowhead). The LK could release souls from Frostmourne at will.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedeo View Post
    Arthas's spirit is in Hell, yes. Additionally, unless they decide to retcon it (or already have and I missed it at some point), Ner'zhul's dead, gone, caput. Arthas consumed him.
    Oh right, that happened in Arthas: Rise of the Lich King. I keep forgetting that Ner'zhul showing up during the Frost Death Knight Artifact questline is just an echo and not hos actual spirit.

Binge-watched the whole season on one day and loved every minute of it. Best show in years!!

7+ Year Old Account
    hell
    /chars10

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raamul View Post
    Arthas wont comeback. it's bad if they keep brining all fav chars back. Illidan, Arthas etc
    They won't bring him back, he has no need for a redemption story. And honestly he is one of the few characters Blizz didn't butcher with their horrible story wtriing.

Quote Originally Posted by FLANOFETT View Post
    was having a random thought. In the cinematic where arthas is killed he says he "see's only Darkness" right before he dies. Obviously his soul was not redeemed so where exactly does his spirit go? I was thinking maybe the Void or???? Is the Void representative of a Hell-type purgatory? If so and we get a Void type expansion is there a chance that we fight Arthas again? He is my favorite warcraft badguy

Was looking at this chart to figure this out:
    https://s.yimg.com/fz/api/res/1.2/hS...leSample-4.jpg
    Into the Shadowlands. Warcraft's version of hell.

Deleted
    I don't think he's in the Void as the Undead are related to the Shadowlands.

Deleted
    The Shadowlands, that's the afterlife of Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    same place sylvanas' spirit went I suppose?
    In her body? She got her spirit, now varian blown apart thats a question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    His spirit cannot find the corpse.
    What a terrible eternal afterlife.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please let him down. I think it would be ok, if we see him as ghost in some questlines, but please stop the using of dead characters. U can use some here and there maybe for the Death Knights, but not for something else. I saw what someone did with Naruto, with these whole characters, terrible, really terrible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FLANOFETT View Post
    You are right! just found this:
    After the death of the Lich King Arthas Menethil, Sylvanas ventured alone to the Frozen Throne. While irritated that she was not there to see him fall, Sylvanas took solace in knowing that the work she had begun in the lush forests of Quel'Thalas was at last complete: Arthas was dead. With her life's - and unlife's - goal sated, Sylvanas could think only of the bright fate that had awaited her before Arthas tore out her soul and prepared to hurl herself from the citadel onto the saronite spikes below, the only thing capable of destroying her completely. As she contemplated the end of her long journey, nine val'kyr encircled her, granting her visions of her past. Sylvanas ignored them, and hurled herself off the Frozen Throne.

Sylvanas saw vision of her peoples' future. Without her leadership, the bulk of the Forsaken were sacrificed by Garrosh Hellscream in a failed assault on Gilneas. At the Bulwark, Apothecary Lydon organizes a last, desperate counterattack against the invading Alliance forces. As the tide turned against them, the Forsaken threw themselves into raging fires rather than face the onslaught to come. As the vision ended, Sylvanas found herself floating in a dark void, where she knew only terror, cold, hopelessness, fear, and regret. She also ran into the ghost of Arthas and was surprised to find that all he was at this point was a frightened and lonely little boy. Looking at the man who had inflicted such torment, Sylvanas admitted that had her soul not been broken she may have actually felt pity for him despite what he had done to her. As she realized that this realm of anguish was to be her eternity, the val'kyr appeared to her again. Led by Annhylde the Caller, they offered the Dark Lady a pact: instead of allowing Sylvanas to reside eternally in this terrifying realm, Annhylde offered to take her place if she binds herself to the remaining val'kyr; a powerful vessel through which they can continue to exist as more than slaves, their fates intertwined. Sylvanas accepted the pact, and was returned to the realm of the living surrounded by the eight remaining val'kyr.

Sylvanas returned to Silverpine Forest, where Garrosh was leading the assault on Gilneas, and stated that the invasion would be carried out her way; Garrosh begrudgingly accepted, and Sylvanas ordered her fleet around to the southern coast to harass the villages and split Gilneas' defenders. Reflecting on what she had been through, Sylvanas realized that her people were no longer simply arrows in her quiver, but an important resource that would not be squandered.[15]

So I guess dark void means exactly that, the void
    That is an amazing read, that I had never seen before, thanks so much for sharing that

Deleted
    There is no hell in warcraft, there is the shadowlands where all souls go when they die. The other option is the twisting nether for demons and perhaps the void where as far as we know it's just the place where you end up if your soul has more or less been ripped to shreds. But either way, your actions good or bad don't affect where your soul ends up.
    Last edited by mmoc911be2cf14; 2016-08-26 at 11:20 AM.