Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    Except that stats have shown that young adults who are taught SOLELY abstinence are far higher risks of STDs and pregnancies then those who are taught safe sex. Even if they pursue abstinence. Hormones happen and without safe sex as a backup plan, slips in judgement become much bigger problems.
    Sorry, not buying those statistics. There is no "safe sex" btw, and despite rampant condom use, STD acquisition is extremely high. Condoms are not the solution people say they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zervek View Post
    It is the right thing to do. Those who don't wait are those who often lack morals and don't care for others around them.
    I'm confused about multiple parts of your statement.

First: How is it the right thing to do?

Second: Is it moral to wait until marriage? Its just biology to want to have sex. Marriage was created by man, not evolution.

Third: How is it that those that have sex before marriage don't care about people around them?

Hell most relationship "experts" thing its important to have sex before marriage to make sure you are compatible sexually because its such an important part of a successful relationship.

People that think sex is only for creating children ultimately fail. Look at my wife's parents...they are devout Christians...only have sex for the purpose of children and are a common place for domestic violence and are rather close to divorce.

Biology wins. Always will win.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Quote Originally Posted by Incredibale View Post
    Sorry, not buying those statistics. There is no "safe sex" btw, and despite rampant condom use, STD acquisition is extremely high. Condoms are not the solution people say they are.
    They are not the sole solution you think they are.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, for you, family = mom, child, state as daddy. Or two mommies, or two daddies, or sexually confused children who were told by sickos that gender is some arbitrary thing that can be changed by going under the knife and getting injections.
    Family is any group of people that care enough about each other to call each other "family". I think the point you're missing is that what other people do is none of your business.

And sex is not the problem you think it is. But please, keep pounding your head against those "good book" ideologies and let the adults talk.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sex is an important part of a large majority of relationships. If that doesn't work out you are probably in for some hardships later on down the line. I believe it is important to figure out compatibility early on in a relationship.

I respect people that decide to abstain from sex until marriage, that is their decision as grown ass adults. I just couldn't do it personally.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't counter what I said at all. Abstaining is 100% effective. Because some deranged homosexual "scientist" says "educating" kids about safe sex does anything matters not to me. We would not have this problem if we didn't have hippy "free love" bullshit decades ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, for you, family = mom, child, state as daddy. Or two mommies, or two daddies, or sexually confused children who were told by sickos that gender is some arbitrary thing that can be changed by going under the knife and getting injections.
    Actually abstaining certainly is 100%, but the idea of abstinence isn't 100% effective because humans have sex drives. No matter what you do, some large chunk of the population is going to have sex, and if you don't properly teach them how to protect themselves, they won't. It's proven. There's an absolute TON of research on the topic, and we know that failing to teach basic sex ed and proper protection increases STD rates drastically. I don't care if you think condoms and other contraceptives aren't effective, we've actually proven that they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    Oh hells no I was the one who locked the door and jumped my partners bones I don't think I could have waited 8 years as we are coming up on 9 years as a couple but I doubt we will ever get married.
    well maybe if you didnt you woudl be already married though -_- crazy idea i know

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Actually abstaining certainly is 100%, but the idea of abstinence isn't 100% effective because humans have sex drives.
    different humans have different sex drives though you cant just generalize - hell even people who in past had very strong sex drive due to certain circumstances like work overload/stress/life problems can experience the loss of it for couple of months and then when situation calm down it comes back even stronger then before (experience it myself around age of 27 when i had work problems and general loos of idea what to do with my life in longer perspective even though in uni i had ton of chicks , but then problems went away and it came back as strong as before ) - its not a constant thing when circumstances shift
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2016-08-26 at 06:02 AM.

Who wants to be with someone who is bad at sex? Sounds like living hell.
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

To each their own but there's no way in hell I'd be able to do it. Sexual compatibility is a huge thing for me and I'm pretty sure it's important to relationships in general. Would be terrible to marry someone then find out you hate sex with them or something. Then again if you've never had sex with anyone else I guess you wouldn't be able to tell if the sex is good or bad so who knows

Quote Originally Posted by Spunt View Post
    Most people want to be with someone because they like them as a person, not because they can fuck like James Deen.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    STD infection rates are as bad as they are because of of people sleeping around and not waiting til marriage. Just look up the data, scary stuff. It's what the "free love" movement and everything that came from it have done to youth and adults alike.

People who brag about all the chicks they dicked never brag about the warts on their wang.
    In my native language we like to say "if you were feared to death, you are also dead".

Avoiding one of the most beautiful parts of life, just because there is a small chance I could get a disease? Well, if I was so afraid I should also never wash, the bathroom is the place where most accidents happen.

Condoms might not provide 100% safety, but this is true for nearly all parts of our life. What is the point of being alive if you never lived?

Quote Originally Posted by Annu View Post
    In my native language we like to say "if you were feared to death, you are also dead".

Avoiding one of the most beautiful parts of life, just because there is a small chance I could get a disease? Well, if I was so afraid I should also never wash, the bathroom is the place where most accidents happen.

Condoms might not provide 100% safety, but this is true for nearly all parts of our life. What is the point of being alive if you never lived?
    Small chance? Uh, no.

Also, you CAN, believe it or not, lead a fulfilling life without giving in to your base desires at every opportunity.

Small chance? Uh, no.

Also, you CAN, believe it or not, lead a fulfilling life without giving in to your base desires at every opportunity.
    There's plenty of space in between "giving into your base desires at every opportunity" and being psychotically celibate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunt View Post
    Who wants to be with someone who judges people based on how good they are at sex? Sounds like living hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't counter what I said at all. Abstaining is 100% effective. Because some deranged homosexual "scientist" says "educating" kids about safe sex does anything matters not to me. We would not have this problem if we didn't have hippy "free love" bullshit decades ago.
    Based on your previous posts and your posted sensibilities, I have found one instance of abstinence not working.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzartovian View Post
    I practise abstinence for moral reasons, im not super religious but i am very conservative person. I'm interested in having a serious adult relationship which involves legitimate commitment, sharing values etc.
    Having sex outside of marriage doesn't preclude any of those things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    She could be a gymnast but if he cums within 5min she's unlikely satisfied.
    Satisfaction in sex isn't only about the orgasm.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobblo View Post
    I think sex is one of the main things that needs to be monitored. I believe a lot of us will agree with this. I just dial it up on how much of sex should be controlled.
    What exactly do you mean by that? You mean we should legislate how often, with who and how people can have sex? Because if it that's what you mean, I don't even know where to start to explain to you why that would be the single most authoritarian, dictatorial, insane, laughably crazy and utterly impractical thing.

- - - Updated - - -

That is absolutely not how it works. It is both historically and statistically proven that Abstinence only education simply doesn't work, and has the utterly opposite effect than intended and that Abstinence First education under-performs compared to Comprehensive Sex Ed.

It doesn't matter how many times you call scientists deranged or whatnot, it simply doesn't work. It never has. On the contrary, teen pregnancy rates and unwanted pregnancy rates were exponentially higher before sex ed.

People just hid it, didn't talk about it, had shady black market abortions, went to live with their aunts in a different state/city, got married at 15/16.

You can't pretend a problem away. You either address it, or it just stays there, festering under the pretenses.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Most people want to be with someone because they like them as a person, not because they can fuck like James Deen.
    Perhaps, but liking someone "as a person" is only a part of what makes an intimate relationship. Physical attraction and quality intimacy also matter and in many cases, more so than "liking" them. Obviously, different people feel differently but that doesn't make any priority system more "wrong". I don't care how amazing a woman is as a person, if I'm not physically attracted to her we won't be anything more than friends. And even if I am attracted to her, I won't stay with her if we're not sexually compatible.

When you prioritize the advice of a make-believe storybook or some self-determined sense of morality over basic human nature and science, nothing you say in that regard has any validity. You can live a fulfilling and disease-free life even when you're promiscuous.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Based on your previous posts and your posted sensibilities, I have found one instance of abstinence not working.
    Clearly both "Maries" were whores.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    That is absolutely not how it works. It is both historically and statistically proven that Abstinence only education simply doesn't work, and has the utterly opposite effect than intended and that Abstinence First education under-performs compared to Comprehensive Sex Ed.
    While I agree with your point, let's not muddle the issue with the infamous equation of actual "abstinence" with "abstinence-only education". They're two completely different things.
    Last edited by Mistame; 2016-08-26 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    While I agree with your point, let's not muddle the issue with the infamous equation of actual "abstinence" with "abstinence-only education". They're two completely different things.
    The person I was replying to conflated the two issues. To quote him:

Abstaining is 100% effective. Because some deranged homosexual "scientist" says "educating" kids about safe sex does anything matters not to me. We would not have this problem if we didn't have hippy "free love" bullshit decades ago.
    It's quite a broadside. He first called scientists deranged (and gay) then attacks education, and then makes a claim that before the sexual revolution people behaved differently. Thus insinuating if we just don't tell kids about sex anything beyond "Don't, it's bad!- they won't have sex. Which is completely bunk.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    The person I was replying to conflated the two issues.
    Fair enough. He does appear to be off his rockers. Or meds. Not sure.