Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Another expansion?

Well, I know a lot who would love a south seas expansion, others would like an underground one etc. Guess, wait and see?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    ... That doesn't even make sense, the ART STYLE has always been the same. HD on say Undercity Guardian model = more detailed guts and wounds and shit. Just look at Stitches in Heroes of the Storm. Cartoony art style, plenty of gore.

Old Felhunter:

New:

Art style didn't change, they cleaned it up and made it more detailed...
    The old felhound looks much more dirty, gory and putrid, exactly because of the cleaning up.

Quote Originally Posted by Leodok View Post
    The old felhound looks much more dirty, gory and putrid, exactly because of the cleaning up.
    ... Lol, first time I ever saw someone mistake low resolution textures for hair/tentacles and shadows with features that weren't even there in the first place. I disagree with them removing the tentacle texture streaks from the body of the Felhunter, but gore? There was none. And the art style didn't change no matter what you mistake the old textures for.

Updated scourge models with more 3D features rather than painted on shit would mean more gore, not less. The art style wouldn't change.

One can only hope that they'll have a reason for bringing that into WoW's scourge models.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-08-25 at 10:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If we wouldn't get a Legion expansion I would be down for a Infinite Dragonflight Expansion that takes place during the War of the Ancients. Aside from War of the Ancients, an expansion where the Infinite Dragonflight is the main antagonist could be pretty cool, especially since it could take place anywhere in time. Heck, Blizzard could basically do a sort of Cataclysm 2.0 and remake one or even both continents, but being accessable through the caverns of time. Kalimdor before the Orcs arrived? Eastern Kingdoms during the second or third war?

Aside from the Infinite, Azshara and Naga Expansion would be neat. Ad to that the South Seas Expansion so we get more Islands and stuff.

We could also have an expansion taking place in all four elemental planes (and some other zones). Ragnaros is dead. Al'akir is dead. Neptulon is missing. 3 out of 4 elemental planes currently have no ruler. What exactly, for example, would stop Therazane from conquering the three other planes and crown herself ruler of the elements? I am pretty sure that wouldn't turn out well.

Also, if it would be something completely new, we still don't know what is on the other side of Azeroth.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    They really did kind of pull out all the stops in this one huh?

Emerald dream - Raid not an entire xpac
    Azshara - Raid not an entire xpac
    Sargeras - Speculated raid

Not sure what they will plan next.

Void Lords?
    That picture finally did it.

I finally ordered the World of Warcraft Chronicles Volume 1 book... and tossed in Arthas by Christie Golden for good measure... only $7 more, so why not?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Sylreick View Post
    There's still Argus and the place warlock mounts come from
    Xoroth. Which would be a good planet to open up, as it's where dreadsteeds come from, and dreadlords might originate from. Metzen has a lot of demons to work with, if he runs out. I don't think going to Argus this soon makes sense, as it's an entire planet, and we have no way of getting there, let alone defeating the Legion in it's seat of power, and if Sargeras is on that planet when we get there. We know an Army of Light is going to be created, but who's going to lead it, and who's in it? That could stretch over several expansions alone - or be the basis of WoW 2, or Warcraft 4. Considering Argus is only their headquarters, and the Legion is spread out over countless worlds, with uncounted numbers of demons from the Void...going from Legion to Argus simply doesn't make any sense - like Velen leaving to deal with Archimonde...with what army, and with one spaceship? As bad as Blizzard's writing is, I don't think they'd try to pull that off that quickly. I've always felt that the ultimate confrontation with Sargeras is something they never intended to actually do in the game, he's too big a bad guy, it's like building an army to invade Hell and kill Satan.

My sense is after this, they'll pull back from the over-arching Sargeras/Argus plot, to something more local, like MoP - something will happen, or a new continent, or a new planet, and start the Army of Light arc. That would make sense for the player - go from pushing the Legion off Azeroth, to going to new planets to recruit for the Army of Light - which opens up unlimited story possibilities to deal with the politics and issues getting other races to follow The Light into an ultimate Good vs. Evil fight.

There's still Azeroth issues to deal with - Azshara, N'zoth, Gilneas, etc. Whatever the fate of the baby Titan is. Wrathion - I agree that he's a potential issue. I can't help wonder if Metzen really is done with the dragonflights. Illidan is back...there's potential there. They could take an expansion to tie up a lot of old loose ends, a regrouping after Legion. Depends on if the invasion is contained in the Broken Isles, or not.

It would be nice to see them do an expansion that moves the gnomes story ahead, have them retake their city, have Gilneas freed, the Dwarve's issue resolved with Magni either returning or dying for real, stuff like that. And of course, the inevitable Horde vs. Alliance story.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    That picture finally did it.

I finally ordered the World of Warcraft Chronicles Volume 1 book... and tossed in Arthas by Christie Golden for good measure... only $7 more, so why not?
    Chronicles is a book I'd recommend without hesitation. They did an amazing job on it, and I can't wait for volume 2.

Deleted
    Someone will be there to be sorry about. That's how shitty blizzard lore is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    What I'd like is something like this.
    Naaru arrive with a message of imminent doom. In a far off corner of the universe the Old Gods have found a world soul before the Legion. It is up to us to invade a planet where the Black Empire is standing and prevent a Void Titan from being raised. We venture to Outland, hop into Tempest Keep (our capital for the xpac) and port to a planet fully under the control of Old Gods. And we need to decide whether we will find a way to save the world soul or do as Sargeras does and blow the planet up.
    Sounds cool. If Blizzard ever focus on a true time traveling expansion, I wish to visit old Kalimdor Pre-Sundering, with the Black Empire in its glory, and we side with the Titan Watchers to bring down C'thun/Yogg-Sharon/N'Zoth.

Lich King Bolvar will unleash the scourge once again thanks to the fact that Argent Crusade lost its commander and Dalaran has been moved away from Northrend
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Im a 99% certain after Legion its either an Argus expansion or a NZoth/Azshara expansion

My theory is:
    After Legion (or most definetly some time into the future) we finally get to Argus. And from a gameplay perspective it's not a continent of 5-6 zones like Outland or Northrend but a whole new planet the size of Azeroth with few continents and a lot of new zones to explore. Some of them are corrupted, some may be untouched or have some kind of resistance forces etc.
    At that point Azeroth may overcome another kind of massive cataclysm due to the Legion invasion with old zones totally overhauled/ updated. Moreover, we won't get to choose between Horde and Alliance anymore - at that point they may be united into one Great Azerothian Alliance to fight the Legion and restore Argus and Azeroth. How about we get to choose a faction between the Azeroth Alliance and the Legion? We will have all of our current races available, but for the Legion side they will have alternative ('corrupted') skin looks like Red Draenei (Eredar) or Fel Orc. So we finally get to experience the whole story from the perspective of real bad guys in this universe. The conflict would not be between Horde and Alliance, and geographically not between Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor anymore - but between Azeroth and Argus, Great Alliance Horde Vs. Legion.
    And of course the whole leveling system would change - we will get to choose between two planets to start from, and the whole path from lvl1-120/130/140 will be more like the current state of world quests and objectives, being more global and epic. So that we don't have to stick to a certain area for 3-5 levels, but have a more open-minded approach to explore and level up on a scale of the whole planet.

And also, in my opinion, adding the 13th playable class in the form of Dark Ranger/Shadow Hunter as a mail ranged/healer hybrid would be very much likely in the next expansion or the one after. Considering the fact that we have now only 2 (out of 36) non-caster/non-mail ranged specs and the fact who the acting Warchief is now.
    Last edited by Reasonblade; 2016-08-26 at 07:55 AM.

2 non-caster/non-mail ranged specs
    Balance and .. ?

10+ Year Old Account
    After Legion I'd be up for a break from the world-ending demons and old gods stuff for another expansion. We close the portal, enter a period of rebuilding and recuperation for an expac... maybe explore some new lands. An MoP sort of expansion (but with a completely different theme than the Asian one). South Seas kind of thing might be a good option for this, or something totally different. I think we just need a more laid back expansion than the whole universe-threatening-grimdark stuff. If we go straight from Legion to space-travelling to the void lords it's gonna get a bit much.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    Balance and .. ?
    Sorry, I meant 'non-caster / non-cloth/leather'

Quote Originally Posted by nymrohd View Post
    what i'd like is something like this.
    Naaru arrive with a message of imminent doom. In a far off corner of the universe the old gods have found a world soul before the legion. It is up to us to invade a planet where the black empire is standing and prevent a void titan from being raised. We venture to outland, hop into tempest keep (our capital for the xpac) and port to a planet fully under the control of old gods. And we need to decide whether we will find a way to save the world soul or do as sargeras does and blow the planet up.
    blizzard hire this man !!

And perhaps more importantly... what comes after the next expansion after the expansion after Legion???

Deleted
    I just hope there will be no orcs or trolls. Getting sick of them.

Legion will not be the end of the Burning Legion

Quote Originally Posted by Sonç View Post
    Emerald Nightmare, not dream. Also I didn't hear anything about Queen Azshara being a raid, is this speculation or confirmed?

Also I have that image as my mousemat.
    ED isn't going to be an expansion as explained before by some dev because of the tech/world would just be all green
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

15+ Year Old Account
    I hope they write some fresh new lore like they did with MoP, but with less of the cutsie bullshit. They could write in a whole new continent if they wanted - people would get over it.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.