Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shéllshock View Post
    Never been a fan of those to be honest. Still don't get why they haven't dropped that idea altogether. This is WoW, not Diablo.
    Jay Wilson disagrees.
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunt View Post
    Jay Wilson disagrees.
    I think I can live with that :P

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Makes sense. Keeps them powerful but now they feel like a bonus as they should.
    or they feel less legendary and now they are pretty much like an heirloom. I'm not excited or happy to have it, I'll use it in place of other gear just because of the bonus but I don't really give a fuck if something better comes along. Like the CD reduction trinkets in SoO, I never wanted to get rid of those even at the expense of stats, procs or whatever just because I liked the bonus more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lukoil View Post
    Ask yourself how many mages with specific legendary will be on your server after X months in xx:xx day time? Would you search for such Mage x hours or will you take the Mage with heroic-mythic equipment but with wrong legendary ?
    Or you you will take Mage in lfr-normal gear with right legendary?
    Btw legendaries don't drop from trash. They drop from dungeon/raid bosses world quest/pvp/mythic dungeon caches
    That depends entirely on the strength of the bonus. Remember the tier set bonuses for tanks in DS? I would take a less geared tank that had his 4p over a better geared tank that didn't have their 4p simply because of how strong the bonus was.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    Ask yourself, would you rather take the mage with the right legendary, the one that lets you use alter time twice as long. Or some other mage with the wrong legendary item?

With the current system you won't be allowed to raid because you got the wrong item to drop from the guarantee legendary drop. Not to mention how screwed up you are when you need to play every hour of the day in hope of getting a legendary drop from trash mobs.
    I would take the mage with bracers because the ring is the 2nd best for fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Terryn View Post
    completely game changing.
    That was the point though.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty happy with these nerfs!
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Quote Originally Posted by Splatter View Post
    Yeah I think the whole concept of them is a crap idea. Being balanced around having 1 in nighthold but you could get fucked over by RNG and never see one let alone the right one.
    3 weeks in beta i got 2. My guildies got at least 1 in the first 2 weeks. There is bad luck protection. Just no bad luck protection on what legendary you get. And i fucked up my second one for having the wrong loot spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    or they feel less legendary and now they are pretty much like an heirloom. I'm not excited or happy to have it, I'll use it in place of other gear just because of the bonus but I don't really give a fuck if something better comes along. Like the CD reduction trinkets in SoO, I never wanted to get rid of those even at the expense of stats, procs or whatever just because I liked the bonus more.

- - - Updated - - -

That depends entirely on the strength of the bonus. Remember the tier set bonuses for tanks in DS? I would take a less geared tank that had his 4p over a better geared tank that didn't have their 4p simply because of how strong the bonus was.
    If so -> that good for casuals who were lucky to get that legendary. Now people like you, can do the work for them in mythic raids=)

Deleted
    Here's a question: Is it a nerf if they aren't released yet?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Livonya View Post
    Here's a question: Is it a nerf if they aren't released yet?
    "Nerf - a change to a game that makes something less effective or desirable"

Yes, it's still a nerf.. Reducing something in power is a nerf.
    However the nerf does not affect gameplay in a way that a nerf on the live game would have.

Deleted
    I thought a nerf was something that makes an ability hit like a wet noodle

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I have also come to call "efficiency" in wow "lazyness" because honestly "bring the legendary not the class or the player" means that all people care about is win with minimal effort. This disparity doesn't exist so much in pvp where regardless of how strong the gear of someone is, if he can't CC properly he is useless anyway.
    You don't take someone who can't execute a fight just the same. The difference is since mythic raiders don't tolerate that crowd at all they aren't talked about.

The only reason this disparity doesn't exist in pvp is because gear is routinely broken in it, particularly in legion. In world pvp it's a massacre.

In this case I think they should have taken another path with legendaries (disable them or normalize them per raid difficulty) than blanket nerf (the usual ez mode choice blizzard makes to quickly deal with anything more fun than lukewarm tea). Either way it is what it is so just criticizing the fact that blizzard resorts to 12 yr old tactics to deal with a very fresh and promising expansion.
    It's not a blanket nerf, so your argument is pretty much invalid at that point.

The whole point of beta is it's subject to change. There's a MASSIVE FUCKING DISCLAIMER and it was clear legendaries weren't balanced (and likely will continue to be balanced). Making a purchase on that is your own mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

It's not a blanket nerf, there are buffs. I have no personal issue with you - you are just often misinformed.

The Beta realms are open and still testing. Ofcourse changes are happening nearly every day (As they have been for weeks)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    That was the point though.
    That's not how it should be though, this just means better RNG will make a player of equal skill better (also please dont say all loot is RNG you know exactly what i mean by that comment) , which is just sad, but whatever im not going to stop playing the game so might as well stop complaining and live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaanm4n View Post
    That's not how it should be though, this just means better RNG will make a player of equal skill better (also please dont say all loot is RNG you know exactly what i mean by that comment) , which is just sad, but whatever im not going to stop playing the game so might as well stop complaining and live with it.
    I meant gamebreaking in the way that it changes the way you play, meaning not every other person with the same spec plays exactly the same.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Deleted
    can legendaries be warforged/titanforged etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryxxi View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...gendary_nerfs/

Some took a huge blow, like fel rush boots are 5% instead of 20%, some are minor.

So? It's just another tuning pass.
    It's not a "nerf" if something has never been released before adjustment. That's how development works.

Anybody who was paying attention saw this coming a mile away. They even outright told us it was going to happen. I don't get the surprised reaction.

the writing was already on the wall with the numbers coming out, their impact and effect they would have had on raid groups/behaviour.

They're still great to have though.

Deleted
    Some of them got buffed actually. Hunter one seems cool, now its usefull atleast.