Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    all my toons will only use their professions to make gold via all possible means

will not spend a single cent on craft, all the earned gold goes towards vanity stuff and tokens

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Want to raid Mythic then put in the work to raid Mythic.
    A lot of people saying something like this but I can understand the OP.

I raid mythic at 9 hours per week. The way it's looking at the moment is I'll need to spend a lot more then that weekly to prepare for raiding and then to run mythic+, daily hc and world quests ad infinitum for the mythic cache, chance at legendaries and AP. And sure, I understand some amount of work outside raidtime is needed but the fact remains all of that is an annoyance, something I don't like, and something I don't always have time for because of having a job, kids and so on. In each earlier expansion the beginning is always a mad rush but it levels out quickly. Now in Legion so much gear and AP comes out of raids I fear it won't. and if the cost of raiding ends up being more hours spent doing stuff that I don't like compared to the stuff I do like, then is it still worth it?

It's easy to say now if you don't like it, quit or whatever. And of course that's an option. But people like different things and yeah, not nearly all of us are ecstatic at this unending amount of world quests for months and months to come, surely we're allowed to say that as much as the people loving it can say their opinion, and mne is that getting raid ready shouldn't feel like a job :P

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    Sadly Legion will be destoryed by all the casual crybabies that will complain 24/7 on the wow forums about "too much stuff to do", and we will end up with another WoD with litteraly nothing besides raiding to do again. WoW official forums already has 30+ pages with people crying about too much "forced" stuff, and it will get 10x worse a few weeks into legion.
    dont you have any faith in the devs (i can see why if you onely look back at the prev. exp's), they have said that WoD was a flop, and they agree that there were too little to do, they will see the "too much content" as a good thing, not a bad one.
    if you watch some of the recent interviews and Q&A's you will very quickly get that they want to make more lasting content for players and have less downtime.

a complaint i can see is that the guys who got cutting edge in SoO and HFC but not in the first tiers can't get any Cutting edged now cuz the content is comming at a steady pase

Quote Originally Posted by waldor22 View Post
    the crafter buys the mats then destroys the crafted gear.
    literally everyone loses
    the gathered makes some cash then has to spend that gold plus more to buy crafted gear to destroy
    This scenario doesnt make any sense. If the crafter is destroying all the gear he crafts then what is the gatherer buying? There has to be supply loop, both will get richer and poorer off the backs of each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post

I raid mythic at 9 hours per week. The way it's looking at the moment is I'll need to spend a lot more then that weekly to prepare for raiding and then to run mythic+, daily hc and world quests ad infinitum for the mythic cache, chance at legendaries and AP. And sure, I understand some amount of work outside raidtime is needed but the fact remains all of that is an annoyance, something I don't like, and something I don't always have time for because of having a job, kids and so on. In each earlier expansion the beginning is always a mad rush but it levels out quickly. Now in Legion so much gear and AP comes out of raids I fear it won't. and if the cost of raiding ends up being more hours spent doing stuff that I don't like compared to the stuff I do like, then is it still worth it?

It's easy to say now if you don't like it, quit or whatever. And of course that's an option. But people like different things and yeah, not nearly all of us are ecstatic at this unending amount of world quests for months and months to come, surely we're allowed to say that as much as the people loving it can say their opinion, and mne is that getting raid ready shouldn't feel like a job :P
    Welcome to the land of MMOs before you "hardcore raiders" destroyed the game with your whining about how there should only be raids to do in the game and nothing else. The reason we had WoD was because of the raiders complaining about being "forced" to do stuff in MoP to get gear, so then we got a game where litteraly the only thing you had to do in the game was sitting afk in your garrison and waiting for raid to start.

Welcome to the land of MMOs before you "hardcore raiders" destroyed the game with your whining about how there should only be raids to do in the game and nothing else. The reason we had WoD was because of the raiders complaining about being "forced" to do stuff in MoP to get gear, so then we got a game where litteraly the only thing you had to do in the game was sitting afk in your garrison and waiting for raid to start.
    Oh stop with this crap already. It's useless (and factually incorrect) finger-pointing. I've never once met a raider that asked for nothing to do in the world or who complained that you shouldn't have to do anything outside of raids. In fact, that's not even what the person you quoted is saying. If you want to discuss then do it, this strawmanning isn't doing anything for anyone.

Deleted
    I find it ironic that mythic raiders use to tell people that they should put time and effort into the game if they want the absolute best items, yet now that it is required of themselves, they start complaining.
    Last edited by mmocc005627815; 2016-08-26 at 09:33 AM.

So Blizzard finally give you tons of content and you are complaining? Seems legit.

Op, raiding and performing correctly in Mythic (not progression Mythic, just Mythic) won't depend exclusively on how well you "grinded" AP and gear, boss tactics and teamplay will always be more important.

On the other hand, if you are going to be in a progress guild, then yes, it's kinda grindy, but if you wouldn't have all these things to do you on your main, you would be leveling alts to class stack, so anyway you would be busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    While there is a lot to do in Legion, isn't that a good thing? What the hell is people's problem with whinging about absolutely everything.
    Ironic. People bitch about no content in WoD and then bitch about content in Legion.

that's the current problem
    to make obliterum you need to destroy the gear, only a very small amount of crafters will sell the crafted gear.
    the price will be insanely high.
    If crafters are soaking up all the materials to that degree then mats themselves will also be insanely high, which means those gatherers will be more than capable of affording the gear. Whats more likely to happen though is that no crafter is going to purely absorb those costs, they will want to recoup what they've spent on mats and they will do so by selling gear to gatherers.

Quote Originally Posted by The5thVegetable View Post
    "Blizzard, we need more content! GIVE US MORE!"

"Blizzard, you're giving us too much content! STOP IT!"
    This is the WoW community in a nutshell. Though after WoD, I am surprised ANYONE would complain about having too much to do.
    I just want to take these brainless morons, load them up into my Garrison and then nuke the site from orbit.
    Last edited by Darkguyver2020; 2016-08-26 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DenniZ View Post
    Wait people are now actually complaining about the abundance of content?

Come on, please.
    Welcome to the WOW community!

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post

sounds to me like the phrase hardcore raiding finally gets some meaning.

I've never claimed to be a hardcore raider but I did certainly hate the dailies in MoP. It was just terrible :P

But what's bad about those who only want to raid being able to just do that anyways? Doesn't mean everyone else can't kill 10 boars for guts all day every day if that's what you enjoy :P Different people like different things :P

Ridiculous that no matter how good of an expansion Blizzard releases there's always people complaining.

Too much content? Seriously? Gotta be a Troll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the grind to 850 is hardly content
    same with crafting gear with the sole purpose of destroying it
    Oh shut the Hell up! Unsub and go play a mobile game or something, you filthy casual.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Troll or not, I think there are many "players" like this, sadly.

good luck affording obliterum, unless you have millions you won't get even a small amount of them
    obliterum is essentially pay 2 win
    No it isn't! Obliterum only caps out crafted gear up to ilevel 850. That's the equivalent of normal mode gear from Emerald Nightmare.
    I doubt it'll have any use for you uber 133t Mythic raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Troll or not, I think there are many "players" like this, sadly.
    It is, just look the official wow forums and you can find like 30+ threads with alot of pages exactly like this. I'm 100% sure at some point in Legion Blizzard will nerf everything to the point the only relevant way to get gear is from Raids again, and we are back to a "raid logging" game where you login - raid - logout and wait for next raid night, and next expansion will be another WoD.