Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    And you did not mention that you have to level/gear at least one alt also! A lot more to do man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    It's kinda sad when you realise some people are only happy while complaining about something.
    Yup. Literally true in all aspects of life though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Psykee View Post
    My guild raids mythic, and i am looking forward to raiding as an Unholy DK.

What i am not looking forward to is the incredible grind to 850 ilvl and forced gathering/crafting combo spending vast sums of money on crafting and re-running the same mythic dungeons while grinding AP like crazy.

It feels so unflexible and grindy. I am forced not to spend more than 12 lvls of AP on my off-tank spec, so i cant competitively tank anything later (and tanking is what gets you groups and faster pulls).

Dont get me wrong, i dont want everything served to me. But is it really that hard to ask for crafting/crafting or gathering/gathering to be viable like it have been for over 10 years?

Is it too much to ask we are not forced to re-run dungeons until our hands fall off so we can enter Mythic raiding?

I welcome a challenge in skill. I am not sure i welcome a challenge in staying awake.
    10 years eh? That was right around the time that TBC came out and compared to that, Legion is like a playground. Remember when you had to have revered rep to enter heroics and some raids? What about all the attunement quests, some which required not only a good group, but a full on raid for things like Black temple questline.
    Then we have the daily grind for flasks and pots which you used to be able to use together.
    I loved tbc but oh boy, was it a grind at points, a fun one tough.

Besides you being what I would describe as the perfect example of a crybaby. Where is anything different to past expansions?

Crafted gear was expensive as fuck (darkmoon cards for example). So that leaves you with the choice of crafting for yourself or buying.
    And with 2 proffessions per char you have that choice doubled so to speak. You can go selfsustain on one craft. Or go grind mats to sell and use that gold to buy your stuff. Or you can go 2 crafting profs and buy your mats. Every concivable combination yields the same result. You have to buy something and you don´t need to buy other things.

So you choose the route that fits your playstyle. For me that means double crafting because fuck grinding mats. I grind my mats in the auction house.

There is no szenario where you get everything you want and noone else either. So suck it up and be happy there are things to do (eg reasons to play the game and reach goals to get those sweet endorphines).

Boy that got long.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Ironic. People bitch about no content in WoD and then bitch about content in Legion.
    The ones whining now are those who had the same mentality in MoP which resulted in Blizzard delivering WoD.

If you want to be on the bleeding edge of raiding, you need to be playing the game on the bleeding edge, period. Be it gold or time, you need to be ready to spend them if you want to be among first-1000 guilds that clears mythic raids. Except for WoD and Naxx 2.0 of WotLK this has always been the case.

Quote Originally Posted by waldor22 View Post
    the grind to 850 is hardly content
    same with crafting gear with the sole purpose of destroying it
    If grinding for 850 gear isn't something you can handle, artifact power will destroy any vestiges of sanity you may have if you desire to play this game in a hardcore manner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh look, another person that wants everything handed to them. Doesn't want to have to work for it.

The ones whining now are those who had the same mentality in MoP which resulted in Blizzard delivering WoD.
    Wannabe raiders are the worst type of player.

boo hoo, i cant just level to 110 to be the very best

stick to lfr if you don't want to spend time gearing up towards the top...

that's the current problem
    to make obliterum you need to destroy the gear, only a very small amount of crafters will sell the crafted gear.
    the price will be insanely high.
    Then other crafters will see the insane price, they will sell some gear themselves (to buy more mats to make gear to destroy), prices will fall as supply increases and people undercut to sell faster. This will also increase demand for raw mats, which will provide opportunities for gatherers to make money filling that demand, which they can then use to buy the crafted gear they need to destroy or the obliterium itself. The market will eventually stabilize and folks will be able to make money to buy or craft what they need, because that's how economies work.

I mean, alternatively a double crafter could just make friends with a double gatherer in order to get each of them what he or she wants, but given what the lazy-minded, stubborn whiner attitude you appear to have taken so far in this thread, I could see how you might have trouble with that.
    Last edited by Menae; 2016-08-26 at 10:25 AM.

why would he sell it when he NEEDS to use it
    You will get similar items or slightly less good ones out of mythic dungeon with much less effort, upgrading all your items is wasted time and gold
    You may upgrade one or two items, but not more than that. It's just not efficient to do that.
    If you still want to upgrade all items... well, i like to get your money and the money of those who want to upgrade everything, too

To your argument no one will sell gear:
    if "no one" will sell them, the price will rise, the higher the price the higher the chance someone is willing to sell it.
    but atleast bracers will be sold: no bracers -> no obliterum forge -> no obliterum
    and some classes need obliterum for their class campaign, which is more important than 850 gear vs 840 gear...

Deleted
    Huh? WoW is very casual as is and it's only 3 weeks of grinding. I was grinding a MMORPG 16-18 hours a day for several months, it's not so bad.

Maybe you should try becoming an LFR raider instead.

Oh, and for the record, won't mythic raiders be doing heroic and normal emerald nightmare split runs with like 4 alts?

After a couple of weeks of that, you can then upgrade the 1-2 remaining items if you want to but it's very possible you won't need to upgrade any.

Unless you need ilvl 850 gear for normal mode raids? pfft.
    Last edited by mmoc06f0881615; 2016-08-26 at 10:28 AM.

Deleted
    that's the current problem
    to make obliterum you need to destroy the gear, only a very small amount of crafters will sell the crafted gear.
    the price will be insanely high.
    There is no problem, this is simply how economics work.Supply and demand.

Quote Originally Posted by Shayuki View Post
    Huh? WoW is very casual as is and it's only 3 weeks of grinding. I was grinding a MMORPG 16-18 hours a day for several months, it's not so bad.

Maybe you should try becoming an LFR raider instead.
    It's not though, the worst part comes when mythic+ opens and you need to get ranks up in there. The loot is infinite as well so the longer you do it the more you get, no cap. and still will need to do those lovely dailies, sorry "World Quests".

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    It's not though, the worst part comes when mythic+ opens and you need to get ranks up in there. The loot is infinite as well so the longer you do it the more you get, no cap. and still will need to do those lovely dailies, sorry "World Quests".
    how awful that the game lets you decide when to say thanks, but ive had enough content for the week, instead of locking everyone out at the same time.

How wonderful for those us of that are not obliged to do them as we play the game to have fun not to compete (not anymore at the least).

Deleted
    ilvl 850 gear off that, ilvl 850 gear off normal nightmare, 865 gear off heroic nightmare.

You will do 2 clears of both normal and heroic nightmare before mythic nightmare. If you are a top mythic raider, you do 4 alt split runs. How many slots do you even have left at 840 after you are done with that and mythic+?

If you are not a top mythic raider, why does it matter if a couple of pieces are 840 instead of 850 for the first few weeks when it'll take you months to clear mythic anyway?

The only people obliterum grinding matters to are those who are in the top guilds and somehow don't do 4 alt split runs to be in full normal/heroic nightmare gear.. aka no one. For the rest, just have those ilvl 840 pieces eventually replaced by mythic + dungeon or nightmare normal/heroic/mythic gear, it'll happen soon enough. 10 ilvl on one piece isn't even a full ilvl in your character stats, there are far more important things for progression for these guilds.
    Last edited by mmoc06f0881615; 2016-08-26 at 10:36 AM.

What i am not looking forward to is the incredible grind to 850 ilvl and forced gathering/crafting combo spending vast sums of money on crafting and re-running the same mythic dungeons while grinding AP like crazy.
    You say you are a mythic raider, and then you complain about an mmo becoming and mmo again ? Looks like we need less people like you doing end game content or this game is really going to have nothing to look fwd to.

Dont get me wrong, i dont want everything served to me.
    Sorry to say, but this is exactly what you want.

Deleted
    My guild raids mythic, and i am looking forward to raiding as an Unholy DK.

It feels so unflexible and grindy. I am forced not to spend more than 12 lvls of AP on my off-tank spec, so i cant competitively tank anything later (and tanking is what gets you groups and faster pulls).

Dont get me wrong, i dont want everything served to me. But is it really that hard to ask for crafting/crafting or gathering/gathering to be viable like it have been for over 10 years?

Is it too much to ask we are not forced to re-run dungeons until our hands fall off so we can enter Mythic raiding?

I welcome a challenge in skill. I am not sure i welcome a challenge in staying awake.
    Honestly what a bunch of fucking whining.

If you raid at a progression level on mythic you should know that you are part of an elite group of players that does everything in order to be the best. You cant say "we are not forced to re-run dungeons until our hands fall off" because this basicly applies to 0,05% of wows population.

If you cant handle what it takes to be a competitive raider then go do something else.

If it wasnt dungeon running it was something else. Literally noone wants to go back to: You can do one dungeon a week for valor, dungeon loot sucks so you dont need to run them, do 5 dailies every day.

This kind of progression was killing the game.

Players can now go, play the game, and actually improve their character each time they do so. Thats what the game needs.

jeeesh

- - - Updated - - -

You dont need to rank up in mythic plus dungeons. Thats mostly for people wanting to top the ladders like in d3. The far more effective thing to do is run the first 10 or so switching out alts on the way, live mythic progression people have always done.

World quests are nothing like dailies, and because you can tell exactly what they give you really dont need to do as many as you think.

To me you dont sound anything like a progression raider. A progression raider would know these things by now. If you are not a progression raider then "mythic+ opens and you need to get ranks up in there" makes me laugh my ass off.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Seriously, fuck everyone who would complain about too much content at this point.