Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    So I guess this isn't the right time to say I lost to Illhoof twice on regular, right?
    Boooooo get off the stage, not welcome here, leave and never return
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Boooooo get off the stage, not welcome here, leave and never return
    I tried Yogg Mage like I've been doing, not enough little aoe to keep doing damage to him (and terrible draw), and then I made a stupid quick shaman deck that failed too

15+ Year Old Account
    I tried Yogg Mage like I've been doing, not enough little aoe to keep doing damage to him (and terrible draw), and then I made a stupid quick shaman deck that failed too
    Go with Priest. Nick his Imps with Shadow Madness and CSP to put them on your side. Load up with Holy Novas, Ex Evils and Shadow Word Horrors. Toss in Flash Heals and/or Priest Of The Feast to keep you alive until the Imps kill him. For total cheese, put in Unstable Ghouls and Aboms.

You can use exactly the same deck for Heroic too, but throw in Lightbombs for more Imp death. Really though as soon as you drop Abom you win
    Last edited by Nikkaszal; 2016-08-26 at 03:03 AM.

Go with Priest. Nick his Imps with Shadow Madness and CSP to put them on your side. Load up with Holy Novas, Ex Evils and Shadow Word Horrors. Toss in Flash Heals and/or Priest Of The Feast to keep you alive until the Imps kill him. For total cheese, put in Unstable Ghouls and Aboms.

You can use exactly the same deck for Heroic too, but throw in Lightbombs for more Imp death. Really though as soon as you drop Abom you win
    I ended up just going with a simple low spell mage deck honestly, just to keep blowing up the imps.

But will keep this in mind when I eventually start trying heroes!

That's pretty smart. I didn't realize the imps would respawn on your side and you could use them. That's actually probably the best tactic.

The warlock one I realized wasn't the best since the imps just respawn so board clears that fuck up your shit too don't work nicely.

Curator took me like 8 times on normal, kept random summoning 7+ dmg/hp mobs and wiping my board before we even got to round 5.

15+ Year Old Account
    So I guess this isn't the right time to say I lost to Illhoof twice on regular, right?
    Krip lost to the first boss like two times.

Heroic Illhoof was pretty hard for me. Took a few tries. I did the first boss with my normal Yogg hunter deck that I use for everything, the second boss I just used a modified warrior end game deck. I ended up having two Obsidian Destroyers in the first two turns, was unstoppable.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I really hope the last wing is pretty hard. I thought the menagerie would keep me occupied at least a day >_<

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post
    I really hope the last wing is pretty hard. I thought the menagerie would keep me occupied at least a day >_<
    Right? All the other adventures kept me for weeks, where I'd be puzzling over decks and/or getting frustrating and rage quitting for a while... but everything in Karazhan has been knocked over the day of release.

Really holding out for a super hard and unfair fourth wing

It's completely fine to lose @Jester Joe, each deck has a miracle play in them and particularly with how easy these are many people are just running their ladder decks on heroic.

Blizzard seriously dropped the ball with this one.

I take a habit of clearing heroic the night it comes out - but that usually takes me 2-3 hours, not <1 hour (to do all normal all class challenges all heroic, without using the restart since i forget about it)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    I feel like the first reaction someone should have against Heroic Bosses should be "wow that's so unfair" and not "is this it?". Many of the bosses on heroic die to ladder decks, without even needing a revision at all, and many of the AI choices are pretty bad. Not to mention the whole playing against BBWolf and half of the minions being unaffected by the 1 hp thing, that's all the boss HAS. How can that get past development?

One Night in Karazhan should be renamed to One Night in Development

It kinda sucks how you can beat the Heroic encounters just using ladder decks. I remember previous adventures you'd have to make some pretty wacky decks to win. Heroic Illhoof being the exception so far, I used a wacky Baron Rivendare MC Tech deck to win that one.

Not sure. Doesn't make sense at all lore-wise - he would still be alive at this point in time (as it wasn't until Medivh went bonkers that he was killed) but in that case he would still be called Arcanagos...
    They call him Nightbane because the majority of people do not know who Arcanagos is, because everybody knows him as Nightbane.

The RNG gods want me there at the last day of the party. I need 225 gold over the next 4 days (including the day the wing opens). So I have to average 56.25 gold per day. Seems difficult but do-able if my quests aren't garbage.

No one posted about the latest wing? Are you guys asleep?

Just did it just now.

Shade of Aran +spell damage guy was easy with mage. Even on heroic I just loaded up on purely mage cards and went face.
    Nether I beat with Zoo. On Heroic I guess I'm lucky but @icedwarrior coached me and Nether literally didn't even attack void walker or use cards for 6 turns.

I'm working on heroic prince now. Deck ideas? I'm thinking it has to be Reno Jackson because even with a good opener that 3/3 charge warrior is hard to take down without taking damage. I would love an early game based deck, but we need board clears for both 6/6's that Prince summons every turn. Idk how to deal with that. That's more control....

Anyone see if Prince is afraid of Abominations?

But I'm also thinking we need good 8 mana spells to abuse that staff medivh gave us...

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if there's a way to control the warrior so that when you trigger prince you can OTK him.
    Last edited by Blueobelisk; 2016-09-02 at 09:20 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Abomination bug has been fixed iirc. Haven't tried it on him though. You could shoot for a deck that can last long enough to OTK. Echo mage with freeze elements works for it pretty well. Requires a bit of luck though since you need to not waste any apprentices or Antonidas too early.

You also can't immediately OTK prince after killing the orc since it auto ends your turn, similar to KT when you broke his armor. Counterspell owns twisting nether when it comes out, though. If you have everything set up, you can kill him the next turn.

I have to say the song to this expansion was epic!