Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    You dont need to rank up in mythic plus dungeons. Thats mostly for people wanting to top the ladders like in d3. The far more effective thing to do is run the first 10 or so switching out alts on the way, live mythic progression people have always done.

World quests are nothing like dailies, and because you can tell exactly what they give you really dont need to do as many as you think.

To me you dont sound anything like a progression raider. A progression raider would know these things by now. If you are not a progression raider then "mythic+ opens and you need to get ranks up in there" makes me laugh my ass off.
    Hmm? At mythic+10 you get a mythic EN level item from the weekly cache, what do you mean that's not needed :P

10+ Year Old Account
    When did the OP start with WoW? I remember farming stuff for ages in Vanilla and BC. Many herbs for many potions, many dungeons for blue gear that you could even enter a raid for Molten Core. Later much elemental-stuff for crafting resistance gear, farm reputation to get some recepies for that gear. Farm a lot more reputation to get a key for Naxxramas above Stratholme. That and much more farming was just for 'normal' raiding.

So, if you (OP) want be playing with the best at the fastest possible time, my advice: start with your work as soon as possible and don't stop until you drop from your seat. And if you have the world-first-kill of whatever you can tell us how lucky you were to have done all that impossible crazy farming of pixels.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Hmm? At mythic+10 you get a mythic EN level item from the weekly cache, what do you mean that's not needed :P
    For a non progression raider such as yourself its not "needed"

For a non progression raider such as yourself its not "needed"
    Not sure why you're so hostile :S

It's ok that some people like dailies and dungeons while some don't surely? No need for these insults?

Deleted

It's ok that some people like dailies and dungeons while some don't surely? No need for these insults?
    Its quite allright yes. But the only ones its ever needed for is mythic progression raiders(these things like grinding 10+ mythic dungeons each week).

I'm hostile to you because we just had an expansion of shit where we had nothing to do outside raids and noone liked that. Now we get actual interesting content outside raids and you sit there and whine like a 5 year old

Also what insults are you speaking of?

Its quite allright yes. But the only ones its ever needed for is mythic progression raiders(these things like grinding 10+ mythic dungeons each week).

I'm hostile to you because we just had an expansion of shit where we had nothing to do outside raids and noone liked that. Now we get actual interesting content outside raids and you sit there and whine like a 5 year old

Also what insults are you speaking of?
    I liked WoD so it's not true no-one did

And I am a mythic progression raider. Not super competitive, but aiming to clear.

Asking what insults while saying I whine o.O Just said my opinion same as anyone else.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account

Then people can elect not to do that kind of content and just keep shut about it, let the people who like it / don't mind it have that extra content. People like different things and you can't ever expect an MMO to be tailored to your needs alone.

Unless you are raiding Mythic at the highest end such as going for realm firsts it really is not needed. Especially for heroic and normal raiders.

Deleted

And I am a mythic progression raider. Not super competitive, but aiming to clear.

Asking what insults while saying I whine o.O Just said my opinion same as anyone else.
    Seeing you are rank 482 you don't have anything to worry about.
    Just do your split clears or whatever the wannabe mythic progression raid guilds do these days and ignore every other part of content.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Then people can elect not to do that kind of content and just keep shut about it, let the people who like it / don't mind it have that extra content. People like different things and you can't ever expect an MMO to be tailored to your needs alone.
    Of course not and neither can you.

What I said was, I don't like it that I'll need to spend more time preparing for raids doing stuff I don't like, than what I'll actually use on raids with our 9 hour weekly schedule. And now unlike in previous expansions that will continue for a longer time because of the need to grind AP, TF and legendaries. all of which will make wow feel like a job.

Many people like it, many people don't and I thought forums are intended for discussion, not "la la la I like it and anyone who doesn't needs to shut up"? But maybe not

What I said was, I don't like it that I'll need to spend more time preparing for raids doing stuff I don't like, than what I'll actually use on raids with our 9 hour weekly schedule. And now unlike in previous expansions that will continue for a longer time because of the need to grind AP, TF and legendaries. all of which will make wow feel like a job.

Many people like it, many people don't and I thought forums are intended for discussion, not "la la la I like it and anyone who doesn't needs to shut up"? But maybe not
    Oh do stop trying to play the fucking victim card. It's pitiful beyond belief. Also complaining about a boatload of content after coming from WoD is fucking moronic beyond the realm of possibility and is literally whining for the sake of whining. Also no you won't. If you have 830-850 ilvl you are set to go into Nightmare normal/heroic as Mythic will not be open straight away. You are not forced to get legendaries especially after the balance update and Artifact power can be done in moderation as the devs have stated.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-08-26 at 11:22 AM.

Deleted

Saying you are whining is not an insult its a fact in this case.

Its objectively true that you where in fact whining.

You are free to like WoD all you want, but any constructive form of discussion basicly stops with that

what you dont understand is that you dont need to do anything. dont like doing +10 dungeon every week but to get a raid spot you have to? thats a problem with your guild, not the game. dont like that there is no cap on weekly AP but to get a raid spot you have to keep up with no lifers in your guild? again a problem with your guild, not the game.

i know its hard to believe, but there actually are people who spend as much time in game as you do at work, or even more, and complaining because you wont be able keep up with them anymore with your 10h a week schedule is just ridiculous.
    Last edited by pmkaboo; 2016-08-26 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psykee View Post
    My guild raids mythic, and i am looking forward to raiding as an Unholy DK.

What i am not looking forward to is the incredible grind to 850 ilvl and forced gathering/crafting combo spending vast sums of money on crafting and re-running the same mythic dungeons while grinding AP like crazy.

It feels so unflexible and grindy. I am forced not to spend more than 12 lvls of AP on my off-tank spec, so i cant competitively tank anything later (and tanking is what gets you groups and faster pulls).

Dont get me wrong, i dont want everything served to me. But is it really that hard to ask for crafting/crafting or gathering/gathering to be viable like it have been for over 10 years?

Is it too much to ask we are not forced to re-run dungeons until our hands fall off so we can enter Mythic raiding?

I welcome a challenge in skill. I am not sure i welcome a challenge in staying awake.
    You know what? If you actually want to compete at the top then you have to put some effort into it.
    I'm sure you'd be able to raid mythic after a few month even if you just chill, skip your profession and put your AP all over the place. It'll just take more time.

Or maybe mythic is not for you? LFR is still there, you know.

You're not forced to do anything you don't want to do in this game, that's the beauty of it. If it's your guild forcing you, change guild.

If any of you raided in a high end guild in wotlk/cata. You know the rush in the first week, its the same here. There were tons of people who quit in the early stages of cata as they got burned out.
    So yes, there is a thing such as "too much to do"

If there are a lot of things to do, people will feel obligated to do them. Specially if they're raiding mythic or else theyll be a scrub compared to their guildies.

Quote Originally Posted by Tavin View Post
    If there are a lot of things to do, people will feel obligated to do them. Specially if they're raiding mythic or else theyll be a scrub compared to their guildies.
    Yes but that's not the fault of the game or the developers. Playing in moderation is your own responsibility. I for one love the idea of having stuff that isn't raiding to do all throughout the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tavin View Post
    If any of you raided in a high end guild in wotlk/cata. You know the rush in the first week, its the same here. There were tons of people who quit in the early stages of cata as they got burned out.
    So yes, there is a thing such as "too much to do"

What the difference in rank 300 or rank 400 tbh?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lioo View Post
    What the difference in rank 300 or rank 400 tbh?
    I'd say it's exactly 100.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Although in all fairness the ratio of those threads on this forum is like 99 : 1
    Not seen a single thread saying that strawman people make up about not wanting too much content.

It's more about being forced to grind too much shit.

Quote Originally Posted by The5thVegetable View Post
    "Blizzard, we need more content! GIVE US MORE!"

"Blizzard, you're giving us too much content! STOP IT!"

the artifact weapon is content? ok