Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    That is not true at all, it would damage the economies of Germany, France, Spain, Ireland, etc., which is not beneficial.

If fear of leaving the EU is regarded as the only benefit of being an EU member, then being a member of the EU is not worth it and the EU will collapse within our lifetimes. EU membership has to be for a positive reason, not a negative one.

You keep coming back to the Death Star reasoning for the EU existing.
    Ah come on.
    UK leaves the eu and prosper, what kind of effect do you think it'll have on other parties pushing for an exit from eu?
    That's going to be more painful than a drop in uk economy which won't be as noticeable as you make it sound.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    What does citizen mean in your language? Will a scot tell you he´s from scotland or from the UK? Can he feel related to both?

Where are you from is a rather vague question anyway, since depending on the situation people will answer with country/state/city/district.
    I am an EU citizen, but would never say my country is the EU and that is not something you would commonly hear elsewhere in Europe either.

I have only ever heard Dutch, Belgians, Austrians and Germans claim similarly to that, could it possibly be a thing specific to those nations?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JusticeJacko View Post
    Well of course! I mean it's not like using their imperial might to end slavery in as many places in the world as possible was a good example to anyone.

That damn industrial revolution which has brought billions out of poverty was a bit crap too.

English common law? Pff who needs that!?

Shakespeare? Boring!

The Beatles/Queen/David Bowie and hundreds of other great musicians? Worthless!

Isaac Newton, Charles Darwin? They have undermined people's faith with their damn science!

Effing Brits!
    Your list goes way beyond the scope of this discussion my friend. I was merely talking about this Brexit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by randomforum View Post
    Pray that it doesn't. Because if it does, most of the Western World is not prepared for what comes next.
    Pretty much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Ah come on.
    UK leaves the eu and prosper, what kind do of effect do you think it'll have on other parties pushing for an exit from eu?
    No, because EU membership has other benefits and, barring Germany, France and perhaps Italy, none of the others would be in the same position as the UK.

A negative reason for membership is not going to keep the EU together, it worked for the USSR because they had the military means to back it up, the EU does not have that.

That's going to be more painful than a drop in uk economy which won't be as noticeable as you make it sound.
    You really do not grasp how integrated the EU economies are. Greece made a huge spalsh, Greece is a piddly little economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post

Well, let's be honest. In a lot of cases they should. Let the uneducated masses vote and it causes nothing but chaos and destruction.

You sound a lot like my sister, on benefits almost all her working life, joined the Labour party and now thinks she should boss other people about because she's oh so much cleverer than them.

Mate - you don't know shit about what other people should do with their lives. I bet you barely know what to do with your own, and yet you deem yourself intelligent enough to tell other people to be quiet and do as their told.

You are just an authoritarian, nothing more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Your list goes way beyond the scope of this discussion my friend. I was merely talking about this Brexit.
    Strange then, because our Brexit is the best example that you can't bully us into doing what you want, and that the people's voice will be heard. I hope the people of the other EU nations also tell their oh so betters to bugger off too.

15+ Year Old Account
    If fear of leaving the EU is regarded as the only benefit of being an EU member, then being a member of the EU is not worth it and the EU will collapse within our lifetimes. EU membership has to be for a positive reason, not a negative one.
    Fair point. My best guess about any comments made by european officials were meant as an answer to statements made by UK officials.

Like this one from Mr. Farage:
    German car manufacturers and French wine and champagne produces would be “putting big pressure” on their political leaders for a “common sense deal to be reached with the UK”.

He said it in a more provocative manner in an interview with skynews i think, but i can´t find it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    why do i have to provide you with a source do your own research to prove me wrong if your so confident,
    Ok, here, i found nothing that backs up your claim.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know I am. Without it you just get silly SJW, feel-good bullshit and idiotic right wing populism all over the place.

Governing should be done through reason, research and rationality. Not through emotion, idealism and populist misinformation. (see Brexit)
    An authoritrian anarchist? How does that work?

15+ Year Old Account
    I am an EU citizen, but would never say my country is the EU and that is not something you would commonly hear elsewhere in Europe either.

I have only ever heard Dutch, Belgians, Austrians and Germans claim similarly to that, could it possibly be a thing specific to those nations?
    So, you feel as a citizen of the EU. That´s the whole point, you don´t actually need to say you´re just from the EU and nothing else. It´s in stark contrast to the claim that people feel related to their nation and their nation alone.

I feel related to my region, my country and the EU.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The collapse of EU is already in progress.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

15+ Year Old Account
    An authoritrian anarchist? How does that work?
    Do what you want or we´ll throw you in jail!

10+ Year Old Account
    So, you feel as a citizen of the EU. That´s the whole point, you don´t actually need to say you´re just from the EU and nothing else. It´s in stark contrast to the claim that people feel related to their nation and their nation alone.

I feel related to my region, my country and the EU.
    But I do not regard the EU as my country, or even a country at all. The only people I have ever heard claim that is the case are people on this forum. Considering I have lived in London, Limassol and Malta, which are extremely diverse in respect of nationalities living there, I should have heard it at least a few times if it was a relatively common concept.

I know I am. Without it you just get silly SJW, feel-good bullshit and idiotic right wing populism all over the place.

Governing should be done through reason, research and rationality. Not through emotion, idealism and populist misinformation. (see Brexit)
    You're good for a laugh anyway. You think Project Fear was not all about emotion, idealism and populist misinformation?

"The economy will collapse if we leave the EU!"
    "World war 3 may break out!"
    "You're a bigot and racist if you vote to leave the EU!"
    "More crime because we can't work with our neighbours in the EU!"
    "We will lose CLOUT on the world stage!"
    "3 million jobs are linked to the EU and will be at RISK if we leave!"
    "Banks and businesses will flee the UK!"

Yes - sound, reasoned, rational arguments all.

Deleted
    No, because EU membership has other benefits and, barring Germany, France and perhaps Italy, none of the others would be in the same position as the UK.

A negative reason for membership is not going to keep the EU together, it worked for the USSR because they had the military means to back it up, the EU does not have that.

You really do not grasp how integrated the EU economies are. Greece made a huge spalsh, Greece is a piddly little economy.
    Negative reason? Who told you that?

- - - Updated - - -

How exactly is this analogy with Greece working out? There's absolutely nothing to compare between UK and greece

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JusticeJacko View Post
    You sound a lot like my sister, on benefits almost all her working life, joined the Labour party and now thinks she should boss other people about because she's oh so much cleverer than them.

Mate - you don't know shit about what other people should do with their lives. I bet you barely know what to do with your own, and yet you deem yourself intelligent enough to tell other people to be quiet and do as their told.

You are just an authoritarian, nothing more.

- - - Updated - - -

Strange then, because our Brexit is the best example that you can't bully us into doing what you want, and that the people's voice will be heard. I hope the people of the other EU nations also tell their oh so betters to bugger off too.
    I don't know what you mean nor what you want.

15+ Year Old Account
    But I do not regard the EU as my country, or even a country at all. The only people I have ever heard claim that is the case are people on this forum. Considering I have lived in London, Limassol and Malta, which are extremely diverse in respect of nationalities living there, I should have heard it at least a few times if it was a relatively common concept.
    It´s not the first answer that comes to mind. That´s shown in the polls, still the majority feel as citizens of the EU. You can´t really see yourself as a citizen of the EU without fewing it as a country-/nation-like entity.

Deleted
    just look at whats happening in the EU 1. terrorist attacks more than ever cos of angela merkle letting anyone from the middle east in 2. a failing currency which has been worse off than the £ for quite awhile even with the brexit vote 3. high unemployment in the south of europe which is close to 50% in countries such as portugal and spain for the young 4. more bailouts for greece,italy and others, paid for by the richest members of the EU, which are france,germany,UK and others How long do you think the EU will last, 10 years? 20 years? THE EU will NOT last as its crumbling apart and with al lthe stuff above mentioned its like a crack in a windscreen eventually its gonna break
    u prove u have no clue ...

1. first of all it wasnt a decision of angela merkel and terrorist attacks are not caused by the immigrant ... terror attacks happened also years before

2. the currency isnt falling

3. high uneployment of 50% of the young is just wrong ... u have to know that any student is count a as unemployed ... so in reality there are no 50%

4. false .. i have no clue what u are talking

5. EU will last longer than u think

Deleted
    so many salty people on this forum at the mention of the EU collapsing

15+ Year Old Account
    so many salty people on this forum at the mention of the EU collapsing
    Aren´t you going to refute me? I mean i proved you wrong.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    >Dutch elections

Bwahaha, Wilders would need 50% of the votes, no party has ever gotten 50% of the votes since Willem II gave up his powers.
    You should acteally try looking up how Wilders is viewed here, and what the general pop thinks of a Nexit.
    Isn't he the front runner? What's his policy on Europe? Is it really the case that the Dutch can elect a leader who then is not allowed to lead? Is that democracy?
    http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...-Freedom-Party
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klabernia View Post
    u prove u have no clue ... 1. first of all it wasnt a decision of angela merkel and terrorist attacks are not caused by the immigrant ... terror attacks happened also years before 2. the currency isnt falling 3. high uneployment of 50% of the young is just wrong ... u have to know that any student is count a as unemployed ... so in reality there are no 50% 4. false .. i have no clue what u are talking 5. EU will last longer than u think
    1. well she hasnt helped letting any fucker in the EU has she and terrorist attacks ahve increased since she made that descion 2. currencys go up and down so saying they dnt fall is just stupid 3.students are not counted as unemplyed, they are classed as i nhigher education in the UK 4. bailouts for countries, you dnt know what im talking aobut then maybe read number 4 again, its about greece and other countries asking for money yet again 5.the EU will not last 20 years its already falling apart now, its only a matter of time until it breaks, all empires fall, roman,british etc and now the EU will fall and it wil lbe agreat day when it does hopefully il be alive to see it

- - - Updated - - -

Aren´t you going to refute me? I mean i proved you wrong.
    no you didnt you jsut typed some random bullshit not even linking a webpage s oyou didnt prove me wrong and your acting like some little 8yr old kid

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon-Man View Post
    Hahahaha, No.

The collapse of UN is overdue. Needed to happen. The Change needs to happen, both to EU and US. That change is, the ass kicking of Modern Age Liberals.

Liberals is a cancer to the society. It breeds unreasonable retards such as Feminists (Extremist). Right Wings has its share of unreasonable retards too, but Liberals (Left Wing) is worse.

Look at Leftists fail on youtube for good chuckles.
    Sorry to say this, but liberals are not seen as left-wing here in the EU.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Isn't he the front runner? What's his policy on Europe? Is it really the case that the Dutch can elect a leader who then is not allowed to lead? Is that democracy?
    http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...-Freedom-Party
    Only at 31 seats in the polls, you need 76 seats to form a goverment.
    No party wants to work together with him, at the moment. So getting 50%+ of the votes is his only possibility.

Which, once again, has never happened in history. What chance does an extremist party have?

edit - Frontrunner to be the next PM? Really lol? What a shitty article. Author knows jack shit about our system.
    Last edited by JohnBrown1917; 2016-08-26 at 01:00 PM.