Thread: Pets

Pets

Can someone explain pets pertaining to Legion. Most info I find is outdated. What's the best for dungeons, raids, soloing etc.?

Are there any must haves?

For Survival, go with any pet with a regularly used special ability (Bird of Prey is one), also pick Tenacity pets probably.

For everything else, just follow your heart. Some pets have brez, bloodlust and shit, nothing super important since others bring that.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    , also pick Tenacity pets probably.
    Whats the reasoning for Tenacity pets? Extra abilities to proc Hunting Companion I'm assuming?

Thanks in advance!

Extra abilities to proc Hunting Companion, correct. Since Growl doesn't work on raid bosses, you can also turn that on.

Extra abilities to proc Hunting Companion, correct. Since Growl doesn't work on raid bosses, you can also turn that on.
    Could this be a bug? I mean, not a bug per say, but an overlooked behavior. Seems kind of weird to use Growl in a raid setting when you can't in a Mythic Dungeon (unless they also made Growl not work in dungeons, but still).

Yeah, well, Legion looks to be one of the most unfinished expansions yet considering the state of beta and other pretty basic mechanics being completely fucked up.

Some people did testing and growl didn't proc hunting companion against targets immune to it. http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20748566367

It works in PvP (the growl hits and applies the debuff), but just leave growl off in parties.

For dungeons, more battle res is always nice and your composition won't always have blood lust covered so if you're Beast Mastery or Survival pack those.

Edit: Oh and for Beast Mastery, Water Strider lets you water walk. http://www.wowhead.com/spell=126311/surface-trot

See this for reference: http://www.wow-petopia.com/talents/skills.php
    Last edited by Jephery; 2016-08-26 at 02:33 AM.

Deleted
    I have read that website through and through and somehow missed the water strider effect! Life changed for legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    On the subject of pets, anyone else kept their original hunter pets?

Still got my Westfall wolf called Flyleaf (yeahhhhhhhh) from when I first levelled back at the end of Vanilla.

Deleted
    For Survival, go with any pet with a regularly used special ability (Bird of Prey is one), also pick Tenacity pets probably.

For everything else, just follow your heart. Some pets have brez, bloodlust and shit, nothing super important since others bring that.
    You mean with Trick? Does it proc the mastery?

Quote Originally Posted by Nabseeker View Post
    You mean with Trick? Does it proc the mastery?
    Edit: Hmmm, yes, through Trick. Seems like they took out Disarm. I guess it's any pet ability at all.

Deleted
    Trick dont stop pet auto attacks right?