Page 31 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Atonement View Post
    So guys, does anyone know if PWR chooses it's atonement targets at the start of the cast, or the end? Is it possible to get an indicator for it's targets as you're casting it on something like Grid2, so that we can see who's about to get Atonement and can target someone without it for the next cast of PWR, instead of either accidentally overwriting an Atonement, or wasting precious milliseconds waiting to see who it lands on before you choose a new target?
    Definitively at the end of the cast.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kitara View Post
    Has anyone else had similiar problems or is this mostly connected to the non-ideal latency I got to the beta servers? Also does anyone know a good workaround for the problem of accidentally canceling your penance with a smite there? Is there any macro or whatever that can "protect" your spell from being interrupted by another while channeling?
    /use [nochannelling:Penance]Smite

It comes with a downside, though: You will loose twice your latency after every Penance before Smite can start casting on the server. Which is why I never use it.
    Last edited by Noradin; 2016-08-25 at 12:42 PM.

Deleted

It comes with a downside, though: You will loose twice your latency after every Penance before Smite can start casting on the server. Which is why I never use it.
    Thanks for the info, unfortunately you are right... that side effect sounds almost as bad or even worse than using no macro.

Deleted
    Share in the light is almost irrelevant, get the by far strongest trait which is confession instead, so http://beta.wowdb.com/artifact-calcu...YYBIAAAAAAAAAA. Preferably you would want 1 more point in confession since it is a good boost but if it is too much AP for an offspecc you could run with this.

With Legion on the horizon, if you are new to Disc or still having any issues with the spec, I've made an extensive video guide that may help visualize some aspects of the spec more than the written version can. You can find it here:

Also apologies for slight audio issues.

My magic crystal ball says Disc will get overbuffed very shortly into Legion (like always) and everyone is going to be like "Disc is so good, we need a disc!".

By everyone I mean the people that are throwing Disc under the bus and saying "eh, it's only good if we need half a healer!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    With Legion on the horizon, if you are new to Disc or still having any issues with the spec, I've made an extensive video guide that may help visualize some aspects of the spec more than the written version can. You can find it here:

Also apologies for slight audio issues.
    Thanks for the time and effort. Really liked the log breakthrough in part 4.

Well, friends.

Disc in +10 is officially dead. Today on Beta doing a +5, I noticed that I had lost well over 200k dps on AoE packs (averaging between 150 and 200k instead of my usual 300-400k before). So checking out my damage breakdown, I notice that Caged Horror and Corrupted Starlight are doing abysmal amounts of damage.

After some dummy testing, every single "procs x damage" trinket deals only 20% of its tooltip damage for disc priests (as shadow they dealt normal damage). I get that they want to tune them so disc isn't beating real dps specs, but an 80% nerf renders all of them completely worthless, and cuts AoE dps by over 30% in Mythic+, as well as removing the potential for burst healing from good Dark Blast procs. So, guess we'll all be rerolling to RDruid overlords to push Mythic+ early.

Fuck Blizzard.

blizzard never said they wanted, or intended, dps trinkets to be better than healing trinkets for disc. they said disc could use dps trinkets in place of healing trinkets, but that they would never compete in terms of regen, throughput, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    blizzard never said they wanted, or intended, dps trinkets to be better than healing trinkets for disc. they said disc could use dps trinkets in place of healing trinkets, but that they would never compete in terms of regen, throughput, etc.
    Last post I saw they did not say that dps trinkets should never compete, just that they would watch for dps trinkets to cause disc to be overpowered. I think you'd have to be pretty retarded to think Disc is the op healer spec right now, even played well. You're not a resto shaman for raids and you're not a resto druid for dungeons, so why the fuck did we need a nerf like this? And what is the issue with us using a dps trinket instead of a healer trinket? I can see a 30-40% nerf to make them competitive with pure stat trinkets but 80% means we might as well not be able to equip them. Equipping trinkets made to improve dps is now a dps loss over equipping trinkets made to improve healing.

I also checked to see if it was a global nerf to dps trinkets for all healers, and its not. Holy can still proc for full damage.

EDIT: Also why can't they just modify the Atonement % transfer of trinkets instead of a flat nerf? That way we can still do relevant damage in M+ without being "op healers."

Updated to reflect 2 Legendary changes:

Estel (the chest) now gives 2% haste per Atonement instead of 1%. This is a pretty big deal and actually makes it pretty good.

The gloves give 3 seconds of Atonement instead of 2, which more makes them easier to play with.

The concept of pugging M+ dungeons is kind of silly if you want to do anything seriously. You're not going to find pugs doing level 5+ for a very, very long time.

We pug 7+ in beta all the time

Quote Originally Posted by PeopleReady View Post
    We pug 7+ in beta all the time
    Do you want to remind me when beta came out? Was it in the past few weeks or was it a much longer time before that? I can't seem to remember.

Estel (the chest) now gives 2% haste per Atonement instead of 1%. This is a pretty big deal and actually makes it pretty good.
    Can confirm haste gain is multiplicative, as expected, so each Plea is worth more than 650 haste rating. Not sure if people bothered to check this out before since it was such a poor item comparatively.

Do you want to remind me when beta came out? Was it in the past few weeks or was it a much longer time before that? I can't seem to remember.
    Oh TT... So subtle

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiyoran View Post
    Well, friends.

Disc in +10 is officially dead. Today on Beta doing a +5, I noticed that I had lost well over 200k dps on AoE packs (averaging between 150 and 200k instead of my usual 300-400k before). So checking out my damage breakdown, I notice that Caged Horror and Corrupted Starlight are doing abysmal amounts of damage.

After some dummy testing, every single "procs x damage" trinket deals only 20% of its tooltip damage for disc priests (as shadow they dealt normal damage). I get that they want to tune them so disc isn't beating real dps specs, but an 80% nerf renders all of them completely worthless, and cuts AoE dps by over 30% in Mythic+, as well as removing the potential for burst healing from good Dark Blast procs. So, guess we'll all be rerolling to RDruid overlords to push Mythic+ early.

Fuck Blizzard.
    I was already checking which of the AoE trinkets was the best and make sure to go for it on live with my priest alt, but in this state they look unusable. It's a bit annoying, they were too strong for disc and needed a change, but completely neutering them was uncalled for. This especially hurts in 5 man content where disc is already struggling, in raids the mana trinkets were already competitive and I guess they'll be the default choice now - many of the direct healing trinkets are much worse than for other healers since you don't use direct heals as often.

Oy...coming in here to ask about the state of Disc Priests...and this last page doesn't look so hot.

I was disappointed by Holy Paladin's abandonment of the "dps healer" concept, so was wonderin if Disc has fully realized this?

I HATE being a passive grid clicking healer. So the thought of being able to play a very aggressive class that is dealing damage while also keeping my group up is VERY appealing to me.

So flat out...can I do Mythic+/Raids as Disc in the fashion that I want? As in playing like an aggressive DPS spec, while also adding in the fiddly bits of healing?

Or has Blizz failed yet again to produce a useable dps/healer hybrid?

Quote Originally Posted by Hashcrypt View Post
    Oy...coming in here to ask about the state of Disc Priests...and this last page doesn't look so hot.

I was disappointed by Holy Paladin's abandonment of the "dps healer" concept, so was wonderin if Disc has fully realized this?

I HATE being a passive grid clicking healer. So the thought of being able to play a very aggressive class that is dealing damage while also keeping my group up is VERY appealing to me.

So flat out...can I do Mythic+/Raids as Disc in the fashion that I want? As in playing like an aggressive DPS spec, while also adding in the fiddly bits of healing?

Or has Blizz failed yet again to produce a useable dps/healer hybrid?
    Disc is fine, can do Mythic+10 without problems, and will be absolutely fine in raids. If someone is failing in raids as disc, it just means they are bad at playing disc, nothing more.
    Izzirogue of Tyrannosaurus Rekt - Hyjal | @izzirez

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post

It's only a downside if you're consistently hitting your Smite key <.1 seconds (latency dependent) before your Penance ends, right? With the caveat that, if you ever mistime it or your connection hiccups, you could clip a Penance bolt and lose far more damage than you gain by optimizing.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzirez View Post
    Disc is fine, can do Mythic+10 without problems, and will be absolutely fine in raids. If someone is failing in raids as disc, it just means they are bad at playing disc, nothing more.
    Only Discipline Priests could have their trinkets nerfed by 80% and go "this is fine, everything is fine".

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    Only Discipline Priests could have their trinkets nerfed by 80% and go "this is fine, everything is fine".
    We did the math last night, a couple single target trinkets are actually fine, the aoe ones aren't worth using. We still have the ability to use healing trinkets that ALL OTHER HEALERS have the ability to use.

It's fine.
    Izzirogue of Tyrannosaurus Rekt - Hyjal | @izzirez