Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I think the biggest surprise for many people is the timing. If they announced this with 2 weeks of beta to go people wouldn't have really flipped out. Doing it without allowing for full public testing of the outcome means they'll likely need to make another pass at some point(unless they stick their heads in the sand).
    We've been having significant core class changes nearly every day. Why are legendaries special in this regard?

Nearly all of these are number changes, they don't need public testing outside of possible rotational changes as a result (which for the few affected can be monitored and mostly done internally)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Splatter View Post
    Yeah I think the whole concept of them is a crap idea. Being balanced around having 1 in nighthold but you could get fucked over by RNG and never see one let alone the right one.
    Yet 1) You should have 2 probably by the time EN opens(Order hall thingie lets you have 2) and 2) Nighthold is so far you definitely will have 2

You can say that all you like, but the evidence of past changes indicates that their math doesn't always add up to actual real world results in game. Their decision to make massive changes to items with little testing of those changes is a bit odd.
    This happens with beta changes, and live changes, and all changes. There is 0 difference here.

Comparatively most of these changes are very minor compared to class changes we've seen this week.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Habix View Post
    "Nerf - a change to a game that makes something less effective or desirable"

Yes, it's still a nerf.. Reducing something in power is a nerf.
    However the nerf does not affect gameplay in a way that a nerf on the live game would have.
    It's got to be in the game first for it to be a nerf. How can it change the game when it's not in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by lukoil View Post
    If so -> that good for casuals who were lucky to get that legendary. Now people like you, can do the work for them in mythic raids=)
    Don't mind doing work on my main, just want my shitastic welfare epics for my alts :]
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

I know it happens, I'm saying it shouldn't happen with so little testing as we know 3 months into the expansion there will be another wave of tuning but this time it will be actual nerfs. And after 3 months of work on collecting legendaries and artifact power they'll be much more hesitant to do anything significant to a spec. Which means they may end up having to buff other specs to achieve their desired results. In the end it just makes things that much more complicated. If they actually tested all these things properly it'd be better for the the game in the long run.
    You don't seem to know why it happens. You don't NEED to test minor numerical changes - because the data defines how much of a nerf is appropriate and means you effectively add correct new multipliers onto the previous testing. The only time this doesn't hold true is when a nerf/buff causes a change in build/rotation (see the bursting shot legendary)

Damn, they nerfed my OP UHDK legendaries.

Again, all evidence points to that not being correct. Their changes in the past at the last minute have always required additional tuning after the expansion has been out for a bit. This indicates their "mathematical calculations" aren't accurate to the real world scenarios. The issue that arises is predicting not only human behavior but their ability to execute the expected optimal rotations. Their ideas of what those things are and what actually happens in game tend to be a bit off.
    Not really true - they just seem to have different goals to us. Blizzards goal is almost never perfect balance although they've only admitted this once or twice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nabseeker View Post
    Some of them got buffed actually. Hunter one seems cool, now its usefull atleast.
    As if Hunters weren't already OP enough as it is, like they have been during every single expansion since WotLK.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    As if Hunters weren't already OP enough as it is, like they have been during every single expansion since WotLK.
    Well i am playing hunter since 1.8 and i think hunter never was rly op in pve, there is always better dps, just rly good to have them for progression raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    Wouldn't a Mythic Titanforged Raid item beat legendaries anyway? (iirc base mythic is 905)
    Mythic Emerald Nightmare is 880. 895 will be ilvl cap till Nighthold.

They nerfed and buffed some.

- - - Updated - - -

Well i am playing hunter since 1.8 and i think hunter never was rly op in pve, there is always better dps, just rly good to have them for progression raids.
    Being op isnt always about doing the most dmg.

Deleted
    I wonder what'll happen to Legendaries later on in the Expansion. Possible options:

Itemlevel increases automaticly
    There is some way to upgrade them
    New legendaries which replace the current ones
    They become useless

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    But there is also a bad luck streak protection in genera
    Yeah, I remember reading something about this, like having increased chances to find one the longer you go without a drop or something like that.

Anyway, I think people are worrying too much, we will probably end up with multiple legendaries by the end of the first patch, and with a crap ton by the end of Legion.

There were patches with hunter as top, and they've been largely top 5 regardless with the mobile ranged niche, and boatloads of utility.

They have also hadto buff the nerfs they've done because they nerfed too hard.
    And testing totally helped there

Seriously I don't get what you're trying to prove - additional balancing before launch can only be seen as a good thing by any logic.

Changing play style of a spec via an item that isnt 100% available to all is still bad game design imo. So unless you mean game breaking in the sense it breaks the game and makes it worse ill agree to disagree.

Deleted
    Legendaries just keep getting less legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Every expansion my daggers become barilla spaghetti extra boiled :P

- - - Updated - - -

Why the hell you have to be so vicious and personalize your blubber against me is beyond me. You wanna play with words and tosh me the TOS sure I can play that game. It is a blanket nerf and the fact that blizzard fucks with numbers 4-5 days before an expansion only shows they re unreliable and were too scared to implement these changes 2-3 weeks ago when all hell would have broken loose.

Changing a product 4 days prior to release no matter how many clauses you hide behind just shows you are a bullshitter.

Ok I don't agree with his tone either, just to be fair.

But seriously being angry with changes made in beta, REGARDLESS of how close to launch it is is like being mad at water for being wet.

You mentioned them being fun, do you actually know? Did you get some serious time with them? If so which ones? Why were they fun? How do the nerfs make them unfun? They are still quite powerful it seems.

Just gonna need more than what seems to be a knee jerk reactions to a portion of the game that isn't released yet and few have had exhaustive experience with.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryxxi View Post
    I posted this for awareness, nothing more. Personally I dont like WoW being Diablofised.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I am not the original posted in the reddit thread.
    Well the game is almost 12 years old. Spicing it up with changes keeps it fresh but not everyone will agree with it.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222