Thread: G2A/Kinguin

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashkiman View Post
    Yeah there are a lot of stolen keys stories but if you buy from a reliable seller (at least based on their feedbacks) the chances you get a stolen key that gets revoked after a few days is pretty low. I mean if people want to buy from a regular user because he's selling a product pretty cheap, they should be aware of the risks.Also when you're buying a game for 10-15$ cheaper, an extra dollar for buyer protection is practically nothing and helps you with any possible problem.
    Just because there are a lot of stories from dumb people buying 10$ AAA games getting scammed, it doesn't mean the majority is getting scammed. It's just there's no reason for those who don't get scammed to write anything about their experience, I bet if all of them did (like every person that gets scammed does) there would be more positive "stories" about g2a and kinguin than scam stories.
    It's not based on my own experience alone, I know a lot of people who use kinguin/g2a and none of them had any of their keys revoked, not even once.
    Your clearly not understanding the issue with sites like G2A and someone else can explain it to you since I am tired.

To sum it up once again no dev on the face of this planet supports G2A....Now ask yourself why.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    To sum it up once again no dev on the face of this planet supports G2A....Now ask yourself why.
    Cause selling cheaper games means less money for them? Devs are also against used game sales, and obviously don't support it. Now ask yourself why?

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Cause selling cheaper games means less money for them? Devs are also against used game sales, and obviously don't support it. Now ask yourself why?
    And yet they support Steam,GMG,GOG,Amazon Prime and so on.

G2A and sites a like is the first time EVER devs have openly stated "Pirate our game don't buy on G2A" now ask yourself why.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    So what?
    Don't bitch when u get broken games or more DLC......

You are cutting off the hand to save a finger if you don't realize that then its own u. Sadly the rest of us suffer because of you.

You are cutting off the hand to save a finger if you don't realize that then its own u. Sadly the rest of us suffer because of you.
    Sure you do. We have ruined the game industry oh mighty Jtbrig. <3

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    It's keys being resold from the east, stolen keys or keys bought with stolen creditcards. It's a coin toss which of the three you get.

EDIT: Forgot to mention. They might say "Available for release!" and other similiar shit, but you're only getting your key when the vendor has a batch to send. Batch is getting delayed somehow? Sucks to be you, it has happened quite often with preorder releases.
    Bullshit. Stop spreading misinformation. Every single game I've purchased outside of Steam sales since 2011 have been through G2A or a similar site. Same with all of my friends. Never once did we have a problem. Games are massively discounted and delivered instantly. Or in the case of pre-orders delivered on release day. Yes, a handful of times groups of people have run into issues with certain games, but those issues have been resolved.

I would say that out of these sites G2A is probably my least favorite just because of the whole user marketplace nature of it. But you know what I'm even less of a fan of? Companies releasing the exact same product in a different region and selling it for half of what I have to pay for it. And that's why these games sell so cheap. Not because they're stolen, because they're bought in a region with a much lower MSRP and resold. Why would I ever want to pay $65+ for a new game, when I can just pay anywhere between $30 and $45. That's just not being a smart consumer. I buy games where I get the best deal. Whether that's Steam, Amazon, GMG, G2A, whatever, doesn't matter.

many devs have came out and activity stated they will shutdown any keys sold on there.
    Nope. Less than a handful of unreasonable devs have ever said that, and none of them are noteworthy.

And people talking about chargebacks, if you do that the key gets deactivated. So the user gets boned. That's not where these keys come from. I don't know if none of you have ever traveled outside your region or what, but in a lot of regions the MSRP for games is much lower than it is in say the states or Australia. It's a simple matter of people buying that software, which is exactly the same as a copy you'd buy in your own region, and then reselling it with enough of a mark up to turn a profit. We're not talking a small amount of money here either, it's like how I may pay $65 for a new game in my region, but a friend of mine in Australia for that same software may have to pay closer to $100.
    Last edited by RoKPaNda; 2016-08-26 at 01:11 PM.

Deleted
    Of course you can be lucky and have nothing happen to you when you buy on G2A.
    You can also break into someones home, steal their money and not get caught.
    I figure the chances to go unscathed are about the same. You either have to get out of the house or pay someone for stealing.

They're not nearly as shady as people would like to make them out to be.

Almost all professional streamers and even on huge LAN events they are advertised everywhere. There were billboards for G2A and Kinguin all over Gamescom even.

People are exaggerating.

Been buying from them for years without any issues. Just saved a lot of money.
    How does that prove anything but them having a shitton of money?
    Last edited by mmocdca0ffe102; 2016-08-26 at 01:10 PM.

I might buy a game off G2A today.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Just buy it. I've bought tons of Blizz games through there and I'm still waiting for my card to be stolen or banned on said games. Ignore the fearmongers.
    Amen. People hate this site cause its cheaper then Blizzard and they see how much money they wasted

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Nope. Less than a handful of unreasonable devs have ever said that, and none of them are noteworthy.

And people talking about chargebacks, if you do that the key gets deactivated. So the user gets boned. That's not where these keys come from. I don't know if none of you have ever traveled outside your region or what, but in a lot of regions the MSRP for games is much lower than it is in say the states or Australia. It's a simple matter of people buying that software, which is exactly the same as a copy you'd buy in your own region, and then reselling it with enough of a mark up to turn a profit. We're not talking a small amount of money here either, it's like how I may pay $65 for a new game in my region, but a friend of mine in Australia for that same software may have to pay closer to $100.
    This is what a post looks like when the poster doesn't have a fucken clue on what they are talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

You're just being absurd with your moral crusade.
    It isn't a moral crusade, Its pointing out you are buying stolen products.

There is a difference.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is what a post looks like when the poster doesn't have a fucken clue on what they are talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

There is a difference.
    Well you're just making shit up so pot, kettle, etc. I'm sorry you don't understand regional pricing or you choose to be willfully ignorant because reality doesn't fit in with your moral crusade, but you're just wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Bullshit. Stop spreading misinformation. Every single game I've purchased outside of Steam sales since 2011 have been through G2A or a similar site. Same with all of my friends. Never once did we have a problem. Games are massively discounted and delivered instantly. Or in the case of pre-orders delivered on release day. Yes, a handful of times groups of people have run into issues with certain games, but those issues have been resolved.

I would say that out of these sites G2A is probably my least favorite just because of the whole user marketplace nature of it. But you know what I'm even less of a fan of? Companies releasing the exact same product in a different region and selling it for half of what I have to pay for it. And that's why these games sell so cheap. Not because they're stolen, because they're bought in a region with a much lower MSRP and resold. Why would I ever want to pay $65+ for a new game, when I can just pay anywhere between $30 and $45. That's just not being a smart consumer. I buy games where I get the best deal. Whether that's Steam, Amazon, GMG, G2A, whatever, doesn't matter.

It's still not bullshit, educate yourself and find out how scummy G2A really is.

- - - Updated - - -

There is a difference.
    Hahaha no no no. It really is a moral crusade with you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    TL;DR: Developers get so heavily fucked over by G2A and their likes, that they actually promote torrent links over buying from their shady ass websites.
    Yes because Blizz employes gets paid by box salles on a 9 to 5 job, right..... stop spreading such bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Amen. People hate this site cause its cheaper then Blizzard and they see how much money they wasted
    I hate this site because I work in online retail and have to constantly fight against chargeback claims to not be shut down as a legitimate business.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

If you didn't offer a reliable service for years, you wouldn't have a ton of money.
    I am sure many crack dealers feel the same way.

Ya they totally don't screw customers over. Isn't like you have to pay extra just for protection........

I guess you didn't get screwed over when u bought a stolen tv and was arrested for it.....
    Neat strawman.....literally nothing constructive in that at all.

OT: It's the whole thing about not wanting to know how the sausage is made but just eating it. Don't worry about where the keys come from and realize it's a pretty great service. If you want to champion the cause for the studios/developers, then don't use it - simple. I personally use cdkeys.com, but it's the same idea. I've found some amazing discounts and every single purchase has worked flawlessly.

In regards to WoW, I did notice that you only ever find EU region keys - which makes sense considering the source of the keys. So in one-off cases like that, NA players can't benefit. Someone also mentioned the delayed shipment for pre-orders. This is probably the biggest drawback as there is no guarantee that you will be playing on launch day. For a time sensitive purchase, I would probably buy retail. But if you're just browsing around for a game and don't want to pay full price, sites like these are pretty awesome.

~two cents~
    ~steppin large and laughin easy~

So that's why almost every single AAA title is either poorly optimized or doesn't deliver what it promised before release.
    Everything's clear now. Thanks!

Can you explain this a bit more in detail? I'm interested in how that works or how it relates to G2A.

If you have time of course.
    1) Stolen CC's are used to buy keys in bulk
    2) Company's said keys was bought from have to issue charge backs
    3) Charge backs cost those company's money and hurts there credit with banks.

In the end it costs company's more to do charge backs then what the keys original sold for. The only person a charge back benfits is a consumer who use's it. When a company use's it, it hurts the company and costs them thousands of dollars.

Bigger devs like blizzard can deal with it but smaller ones can't.

I am sure many crack dealers feel the same way.
    If their service is reliable and their product is fine quality, there's no problem with that even if it's crack.
    You're really running some moral crusade here...