I kinda don't mind that some evolves take crazy amounts of candy and some don't provided that those evolves actually have good stats and movesets. If Jolteon/Vaporeon/Flareon had kinda crappy movesets I'd possibly be a bit less salty about it but outside of a specific set of pokemon you're just wasting your time trying to build them because they don't have the raw CP, they don't have the movesets and they don't have a reasonable discount to counteract that.

Nidoking, though, I think he can be really good if he rolls good on his moveset.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Yea, it's crazy how overpowered Vaporeon is. Someone at Niantic must have an unhealthy fetish for the thing. I mean, it's one of my favorite pokemon but like... it's not that great in the games. It shouldn't be able to shit all over pokemon it's weak against. Venusaur and Jolteon should be able to wipe the floor with it, but it dominates both utterly unless the Venusaur is 400-500CP higher.
    The best part is they already nerfed Vaporeon.

By just a single move. So they do know something's up, but apparently they don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I kinda don't mind that some evolves take crazy amounts of candy and some don't provided that those evolves actually have good stats and movesets. If Jolteon/Vaporeon/Flareon had kinda crappy movesets I'd possibly be a bit less salty about it but outside of a specific set of pokemon you're just wasting your time trying to build them because they don't have the raw CP, they don't have the movesets and they don't have a reasonable discount to counteract that.

Nidoking, though, I think he can be really good if he rolls good on his moveset.
    I agree, I wouldn't mind if it was actually worth the effort. But when you can go 400 candies and get a Gyarados with sucky moves, why wouldn't you just go for the perfect Vaporeon instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Yea, it's crazy how overpowered Vaporeon is. Someone at Niantic must have an unhealthy fetish for the thing. I mean, it's one of my favorite pokemon but like... it's not that great in the games. It shouldn't be able to shit all over pokemon it's weak against. Venusaur and Jolteon should be able to wipe the floor with it, but it dominates both utterly unless the Venusaur is 400-500CP higher.
    I...

My Tangela beats Vaporeons with 40-50% higher CP. Is it just poor movesets from the Vaporeons (Not having an Ice charge attack?)

Edit: Apparently they can only use Water moves. Tangela FTW. I don't have a Venusaur yet, but was pretty confused that it doesn't shit on Vap's.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post

Ye, from what I've made up in my head, it would appear pokemon who's strength lay in SA or SD stats are utterly wank in PokeGO because those stats don't exist and nothing was done to compensate. I wouldn't mind if they'd baked them into Attack and Defense. I'm coming to terms with the fact that my Alakazam when it's finally ready; is going to be one of the weakest pokemon in my collection. And that depsite rolling perfect IVs my Charizard will get recked by some lvl 10 trainers Slowbro.

In all fairness, acknowledging the shitty gym system, the shitty tracking system, and all the other bugs; rebalancing the strength/weaknesses of the different pokemon so it wasn't "How many Dragonites do you have?" would be the change I'd most want to see.
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2016-08-24 at 08:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I played the game two weeks. I love the game. But i just walk my eggs, i catch pokemons hard and i go to take gyms. Other bad people change the location and directly go and beat me on that gyms. I don't like the game anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei66 View Post
    I played the game two weeks. I love the game. But i just walk my eggs, i catch pokemons hard and i go to take gyms. Other bad people change the location and directly go and beat me on that gyms. I don't like the game anymore!
    I'm not just annoyed by spoofers, there are people who drive around and cap the gyms. It's not against the rules but it seems to be against the spirit of the game, at least imo.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

I think region is somewhat important to which mons are worth investment. A 1100-1200 Jolteon wrecks house in my city due to the high density of water mons. Fire mons are super rare here.

Even subpar mons like Magnemite or Raichu are sought after.

I would imagine there are some regions with a large amount of grass types. Where a Nidoking could be very much worth the investment. Or any combination of mon types, frankly.

I went out to the western suburbs last weekend and encountered types I very rarely see in the city. Like bug types- no one sits these at gyms in the city. At best you might find an okay Parasect here and there. But I had very few mons able to sweep the bug dominated gyms. Because fire pokemon are useless in my main region (again water and psychic are everywhere here).

Seel are known as dragon killers in my city. Alongside Puffs and Clefairys, they are prized.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2016-08-24 at 12:33 PM.

I've been staying with my mother at the hospital most days for the past 2 weeks.

I think I dropped 100 bucks so far on coins for lures for the kids (and myself) in the cancer ward.

And I've shown real constraint not taking their gym. Well, in a real capacity. Most of them are team Valor so I'll beat them out after the 22 hour period for their coins and then toss something weak so they have someone to take it from.

It's been the most fun I've had with it so far. If I was creative I'd make them badges.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I think region is somewhat important to which mons are worth investment. A 1100-1200 Jolteon wrecks house in my city due to the high density of water mons. Fire mons are super rare here.

Even subpar mons like Magnemite or Raichu are sought after.

I would imagine there are some regions with a large amount of grass types. Where a Nidoking could be very much worth the investment. Or any combination of mon types, frankly.

I went out to the western suburbs last weekend and encountered types I very rarely see in the city. Like bug types- no one sits these at gyms in the city. At best you might find an okay Parasect here and there. But I had very few mons able to sweep the bug dominated gyms. Because fire pokemon are useless in my main region (again water and psychic are everywhere here).

Seel are known as dragon killers in my city. Alongside Puffs and Clefairys, they are prized.
    Due to type differences, a Jolteon can have a slight advantage over a water Pokemon. But the huge CP difference can still negate a lot of that. In fact, are there even any powerful electric type pokemon in this game, or are lightning attacks just pretty much garbage? I don't have any in my roster worth using.

In fact, the best counter to water I have is Victreebell with razor leaf and solar beam. He can get comparable CP to a Vaporeon, but I have to power him up quite a bit, and those candies are hard to come by. The only reason I even have one is because of a couple lucky egg hatches to bolster my candy supply.

In the end though, I just use my Dragonite. Takes reduced water damage, deals standard damage (which is good as it is). Doesn't help me against a Lapras... but really what does?

It's weird that a Lapras is a better choice against a Vaporeon than any electric or grass types...
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    Due to type differences, a Jolteon can have a slight advantage over a water Pokemon. But the huge CP difference can still negate a lot of that. In fact, are there even any powerful electric type pokemon in this game, or are lightning attacks just pretty much garbage? I don't have any in my roster worth using.
    If you want a counter to water, go grass. The electric types do mostly suck, aside from maybe Electabuzz in my experience. They tried for some reason going a "Weaker but faster" attack with electrics, but it didn't work like, at all.

I thought I'd end up with a decent Magneton at least, from a 500 Magnemite but...nope, 1000 about again.

Well, I'm giving up on this game.
    The way they've set up the stats, combat, and spawning system is just... not what I want. :/
    I really, really wanted to enjoy this for years.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    If you want a counter to water, go grass. The electric types do mostly suck, aside from maybe Electabuzz in my experience. They tried for some reason going a "Weaker but faster" attack with electrics, but it didn't work like, at all.

I thought I'd end up with a decent Magneton at least, from a 500 Magnemite but...nope, 1000 about again.
    Victreebell is one of the best grass types, so I'm really depending on it. But again, if I'm attacking an enemy gym, since there's no reason to use weaker pokemon (unlike when prestiging an allied gym), I just overwhelm with my 2600+ Dragonite. It's pretty much the best thing to use in gyms where I live unless fighting a Lapras or Clefable.

Victreebell is one of the best grass types, so I'm really depending on it. But again, if I'm attacking an enemy gym, since there's no reason to use weaker pokemon (unlike when prestiging an allied gym), I just overwhelm with my 2600+ Dragonite. It's pretty much the best thing to use in gyms where I live unless fighting a Lapras or Clefable.
    I have none of those!

But on the other side, I evolved my Nidorino today and got a Nidoking...with Fury Cutter and Megahorn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone using PTC getting "unable to authenticate errors"
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I have none of those!

But on the other side, I evolved my Nidorino today and got a Nidoking...with Fury Cutter and Megahorn.
    Nidoking is alright, but Vaporeon wrecks him and Nidoqueen. A parasect with solar beam can work, even if a bit weak. But you'll want a grass attack for the quick move.

Stopped playing when i hit 30 about 2 weeks ago, got my 3k Dragonite and 6 Gyarados lineup that i wanted - backed up by 2.3k+ Vaporeon, Exeggutor, Arcanine and Flareon.

The game just lacks any structure to be considered anything but a collection based system, the battle system is non existent/broken - gyms may as well just be removed as a feature. And that's not even to mention a broken tracking system since launch, which is the whole purpose of the game xD You know it's bad when a lapras spawns next to you and you don't even want to click on it anymore and continue to eat said Big Mac :P

It was fun! Bit of nostalgia for the record and a ton of distance walked but it's over :P

Quote Originally Posted by xStevooo View Post
    Stopped playing when i hit 30 about 2 weeks ago, got my 3k Dragonite and 6 Gyarados lineup that i wanted - backed up by 2.3k+ Vaporeon, Exeggutor, Arcanine and Flareon.

The game just lacks any structure to be considered anything but a collection based system, the battle system is non existent/broken - gyms may as well just be removed as a feature. And that's not even to mention a broken tracking system since launch, which is the whole purpose of the game xD You know it's bad when a lapras spawns next to you and you don't even want to click on it anymore and continue to eat said Big Mac :P

It was fun! Bit of nostalgia for the record and a ton of distance walked but it's over :P
    Until Gen 2.

Until Gen 2.
    gen 2 will ultimately not do anything to affect the core structure of the game
    at most, it will add a counter to dragonite in tyranitar
    doesn't do anything to address core issues like rural play and imbalances in the stat structure

Until Gen 2.
    I have no intentions of playing gen2, i played the original Pokemon and that was where my fondness lies.

Edit : Not to mention the trend has now died down, people are flocking away in huge numbers - and the release dates for the features? Makes you laugh, trading and battles should be available from the start. By the time trading releases everyone will have everything, when you have double figures in certain pokemon (Snorlax, Onyx, Victreebell, Vileplume, Nidoking etc etc etc) it would be nice to actually give them to people that would like to have them, rather than just transfer for nothing xD

By the time new features finally release, i don't anticipate much interest - what will occupy people until then?
    Last edited by xStevooo; 2016-08-26 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xStevooo View Post
    By the time new features finally release, i don't anticipate much interest - what will occupy people until then?
    Trying to grind levels to get prepared for those later pushes I reckon.

Personally I couldn't give a shit either way as it's ultimately just something I play to make my daily jog a little more interesting.