Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Introducing MVP And Commendations

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Coming with our next major patch, Heroes of the Storm is launching a brand new system to celebrate and recognize incredible personal feats on the battleground. Play your heart out in every match and earn your place as MVP!

BECOMING THE MVP

At the end of every match, excluding Custom matches, the game will automatically promote a player to MVP based on their performance in the match. All players will be eligible for the title of MVP and Awards, regardless of whether or not they were on the winning team, so be sure to try your hardest in every match to earn your place on the Award screen.

THERE’S NO “I” IN TEAM

Of course, the MVP isn’t alone in performing heroic feats of strength on the battlefield. Awards will also be distributed at the end of the match to four other players who made significant unique individual contributions to their team. Just like the MVP, your skill will earn you a place on the Award screen, allowing others to commend your achievement, as well as a unique icon next to your name on the end-of-match Stats screen. Take a look at a few examples of some of the awards you could earn below.

• Headhunter – Most Mercenary camps captured.
    • Bulwark – Most damage taken by a Warrior Hero.
    • Cannonneer – Most Core damage done on Towers of Doom.
    • Moneybags – Most coins turned in on Blackheart’s Bay.
    • Stunner – Longest combined Stun time against enemy Heroes.

(click to enlarge)

(click to enlarge)

COMMENDING A CONTENDER

Instead of leaving it up to the game to completely decide who had the greatest or most impressive individual impact, we’re allowing everyone in the game to pick an awarded player to commend at the end of every match. Commendations serve as a virtual thumbs-up, recognizing the player that you thought earned some additional attention. By simply clicking the arrow underneath that player’s Award, you can boost them up and support their accomplishments for everyone to see. Allied chat will also be available for the duration of the Awards celebration, which should take about 15 seconds in total, so dish out commendations and say your congrats to any teammates who you feel deserved some praise! Players who receive enough commendations at the end of the match will be elevated to Epic or Legendary status and may even receive a little extra fanfare.

We hope you’ve enjoyed this preview of the upcoming MVP and Awards system. Good luck out there, Heroes, we’re sure we’ll be seeing you on the Award screen soon!
    http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20245462/
    Last edited by Nerraw; 2016-08-25 at 10:10 PM.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    I am very, very excited for this feature. I think it's something the game has been missing for some time.

15+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't like the Bulwark achievement, hell you might not even has a warrior to get it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Completely new stitches tactics on the horizon; instead of throwing hooks I happily march forward, take a boot to the chin and become mvp. Most coins on Blackheart Bay is even more retarded, it fosters competition among teammates about the effing coins.

I expected 'terrible' and oh boy, they delivered. To prevent misunderstandings: recognizing individual effort is fine, this is not.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Completely new stitches tactics on the horizon; instead of throwing hooks I happily march forward, take a boot to the chin and become mvp. Most coins on Blackheart Bay is even more retarded, it fosters competition among teammates about the effing coins.

I expected 'terrible' and oh boy, they delivered. To prevent misunderstandings: recognizing individual effort is fine, this is not.
    In Wood League, sure

Anyone with sense is going to recognise that the commendations at the end of the game, much like in OW, don't actually give you anything whatsoever except personal satisfaction of a job well done, and that winning is more important that trying to score a medal with no reward by playing stupidly.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    Probably the best thing to come. It will boost the ego, no matter how bad your matches get, this will lessen the tilt.

I like it. There's both an automated and human element to it so it evens out. Feedback in both ways is welcome. Of course, some guys are going to vote for their friends. But this will be great even for the hilarity factor.

Very nice. I like this :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    I have bad feelings about this.

This may end like in LoL. Votes will be get from trolls by trolls.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    I have bad feelings about this.

This may end like in LoL. Votes will be get from trolls by trolls.
    It's the same system from Overwatch, which works because the whole thing is entirely meaningless. The only thing it does is boost ego for the fifteen seconds before the next match starts; there is literally zero consequence to votes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont see much downsides to it.
    It highlights a few good things that are not visible.

Can't wait too see in action

15+ Year Old Account
    My main gripe about the mvp system:
    I want to vote for who to commend instead of giving me 5 players who by their stats did well. If some Valla I liked playing with, while might have not had the best stats but called out us to get together, to get a boss camp and when to push, I think I should be able to upvote her, no matter how "Blizzard" thought they did. Let us players decide if a player is good enough to upvote, not some stupid system. If you want to have stupid stats detriment who it thinks is the best fine, but I want to upvote who I want, not what it tells me.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I want to vote for who to commend instead of giving me 5 players who by their stats did well. If some Valla I liked playing with, while might have not had the best stats but called out us to get together, to get a boss camp and when to push, I think I should be able to upvote her, no matter how "Blizzard" thought they did. Let us players decide if a player is good enough to upvote, not some stupid system. If you want to have stupid stats detriment who it thinks is the best fine, but I want to upvote who I want, not what it tells me.
    Alltalk will be enabled durinv commendations, so you can just shout out then if you want to praise someone. That Valla won't lose anything, because the actual votes don't give anything whatsoever except a brief ego boost.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Alltalk will be enabled durinv commendations, so you can just shout out then if you want to praise someone. That Valla won't lose anything, because the actual votes don't give anything whatsoever except a brief ego boost.
    But I want to give them a boost in ego, I already whisper someone if I thought they did good, but a little more helps.

Also I got out of a game where we won... And 4 of the enemies players got commendations. The only person on our team who got one was mvp. It is not like we came back from a win, we were winning from the start of the game. I understand both teams should get them, but should the losing team really get 4? This makes no god damn sense. Some stupid goals that someone programmed in the game should not stop me from voting who I think should get a vote. A player that is nice, creates a postive feel in a game, knows how to ping and makes good calls should be able to get my single upvote, no matter how small it matters.

Did you happen to snap a couple of screenshots? I'd love to see that and compare it to the stats screen.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Did you happen to snap a couple of screenshots? I'd love to see that and compare it to the stats screen.
    I have a picture of the mvp screen, but did not take one of the stats. I went back and checked, and since the ptr has been updated I can not go back and look. I did not know they do not have this functionality on the ptr..

Oh well, would have been interesting the see what turn of events would have led to something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    IMO this is a relief; I thought the system would allow us to choose from all the other 9 players. Thanks for clearing that up.

I am i favour of this because the chance of peers receiving commendations from their own members in parties is high and that would make it meaningless.
    Last edited by ttak82; 2016-09-02 at 09:25 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ttak82 View Post
    IMO this is a relief; I thought the system would allow us to choose from all the other 9 players. Thanks for clearing that up.

I am i favour of this because the chance of peers receiving commendations from their own members in parties is high and that would make it meaningless.
    I want to reward people who don't necessarily have the best stats that make the game fun.

Deleted
    'Can someone clarify how this works? Is this "vote" or "system"?