Deleted
    You'll be 22 points in so just 1 shy of call of the void, which is fine since CotV is pretty shit anyway, the trait before it is what matters

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...ge=12#post-223

So Blizzard just applied a hotfix to "adjust the power of multiple Legion legendaries with the intent to level off the power they provide," aka it sounds like they got nerfed. Can anyone on beta or PTR check and see if any of ours changed?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Menae View Post

So Blizzard just applied a hotfix to "adjust the power of multiple Legion legendaries with the intent to level off the power they provide," aka it sounds like they got nerfed. Can anyone on beta or PTR check and see if any of ours changed?
    Shadow priests legendaries are still same. Discipline had some buffed. I also checked Unholy dk and fire mages. Dk had strong one and those are nerfed. Fire mage had some weak ones and those are buffed.

Overall it seems that every legendary will be viable, and none will be overpowered. Thought fire mage now having execute feels scary

Someone posted the whole list: mmo-champion.com/threads/2056022-Legendary-changes

Deleted
    So mind sear was introduced in Wotlk pre-patch as far as I can remember. That was four expansions ago.

The only AoE ability we have got since then is Shadow Crash, which is talented and on a 30 seconds cooldown. It is also one of the harder AoE abilities to use, because of the travel time. Of course there is a minor AoE component in Void Eruption, but it is only to targets affected by our dots and it is a minor 150% spell damage. In MoP there was of course halo and divine star, and both are now removed from shadow (and neither spell was that great in my opinion).

I remember in the beginning of Cataclysm that mind sear was really terrible, but it was later buffed by a lot. While it's great to feel impactful in an AoE setting, I would prefer to have a larger skill set to use in AoE situations.

I can't remember that many specs were changed or new abilities added during an expansion, only during classic wow comes to my mind. Is it just me or is this an obvious issue that has been completely ignored by Blizzard? I can't think of any other spec that has had it this shitty is except for arcane mages and their arcane explosion. A spell like the hunter ability Volley was eventually changed to be not channeling in like Tbc, and the mage spell Blizzard has even been changed away from being channeling as well?

So how likely is it that mind sear will be changed or more AoE will be added? Outside of shadow crash it looks like Holy will have the best AoE? How is that even sensible?

Deleted
    Is our lack of aoe gonna be a big problem in emerald nightmare? From the fights I saw theres like dozens of adds in every fight.

Ours aren't touched.

I am still rolling on the floor laughing about fire mages now having execute, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    So how likely is it that mind sear will be changed or more AoE will be added? Outside of shadow crash it looks like Holy will have the best AoE? How is that even sensible?
    No chances, sadly. "Niche" spec is niche. All what's left for us is crying to blizz about them lowering cooldown on shadow crash (which is unrealistic too, because, you know, too huge IPM plus StM = mages too low on recount = not allowed. /s)
    Last edited by l33t; 2016-08-26 at 03:54 PM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Ours aren't touched.

I am still rolling on the floor laughing about fire mages now having execute, though.
    Yea I'm quite annoyed by the idea of giving everyone an execute mechanic - it really saps the flavor of those who have it.

I like the idea of having classes who do well at the start of new mobs (ex. high crit chance on mobs above 80% hp, or 100% crit chance on mobs at 100% hp, etc), and classes who do big execute damage when things are low.

Now it feels like every class has an execute, and some classes also have an.... Initiate? Just seems dumb - would be much more interesting if you couldn't have both, and therefore more had Initiates, but fewer had Executes.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

What imaginary execute do Mages suddenly have? And it's not like that many specs have an execute. Warriors, Marksman hunters, STM Priests, and Rogues with the legendary?
    Last edited by Sarkol; 2016-08-26 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    What imaginary execute do Mages suddenly have? And it's not like that many specs have an execute. Warriors, Marksman hunters, STM Priests, and Rogues with the legendary?
    Koralon's Burning Touch gives mages an execute. Also Spriests have an execute even without StM - its called Shadow Word: Death.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Yea I'm quite annoyed by the idea of giving everyone an execute mechanic - it really saps the flavor of those who have it.

I like the idea of having classes who do well at the start of new mobs (ex. high crit chance on mobs above 80% hp, or 100% crit chance on mobs at 100% hp, etc), and classes who do big execute damage when things are low.

Now it feels like every class has an execute, and some classes also have an.... Initiate? Just seems dumb - would be much more interesting if you couldn't have both, and therefore more had Initiates, but fewer had Executes.
    Which specs have an Initiate? I've been playing WoW since Jan 2016 and I have concentrated on priest specs. But I have never heard of any spec having an Initiate so far? (Or did I misunderstand and you were implying that it would be interesting to have an Initiate as a class mechanic?)
    Last edited by Elofyn; 2016-08-26 at 05:16 PM.

Via talents, Fire Mages (Firestarter) and Beast Mastery/Marksmanship Hunters (Big Game Hunter and Careful Aim, respectively). If there are more then I don't remember them off the top of my head.

Ferals, Rogues, Windwalkers, and Hunters all technically start off with a bit of an Initiate mechanic by way of starting fights with full energy. That's very small, however.

0.75 sec a cast faster than Fireball, with essentially the same damage. I suppose you could say that's an execute. i suppose that's enough to outstrip the fact Scorch doesn't benefit from Enhanced Pyrotechnics. Or is it? Especially with the tier pieces where every non Fireball crit gives 20% crit for the next one.

Since I couldnt find an answer in OP Im just going to ask: is there any race comparison available for legion?

Goblin makes you short, green, awesome, and saves you money. All the other races aren't goblin, and therefore can safely be consigned to the dustbin of history.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Ours aren't touched.

175%SP with a cast time is not an execute phase. It's not even going to be better than fireball for them, it's just so they have something not shit to cast while moving. Death is 360 per cast +20% tof buff that generates resources for us. Not really comparable but good try.

Also you folks aren't taking into account their artifact weapon modifying fireball. Fireball is still going to be stronger.
    Last edited by methz; 2016-08-26 at 06:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    0.75 sec a cast faster than Fireball, with essentially the same damage. I suppose you could say that's an execute. i suppose that's enough to outstrip the fact Scorch doesn't benefit from Enhanced Pyrotechnics. Or is it? Especially with the tier pieces where every non Fireball crit gives 20% crit for the next one.
    Comparing Fireball to the legendary buffed Scorch, and ignoring all interactions with Fireball such as Enhanced Pyro, Unstable Magic, or Kindling, you seem to get a whopping...39% SP per second increase. That small percentage would be easily wiped away once you account for the the extra interactions you get on Fireball.

Worry not, they aren't getting an "execute".

I think the intent of that legendary is to give them unlimited mobility during execute for a minuscule (much less than pre-execute) loss. That said, i don't have much experience with Mages.
    Last edited by Ambereldus; 2016-08-26 at 06:40 PM. Reason: changed 5.5% to 39%, wrong legendary values.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambereldus View Post
    Comparing Fireball to the legendary buffed Scorch, and ignoring all interactions with Fireball such as Enhanced Pyro, Unstable Magic, or Kindling, you seem to get a whopping...39% SP per second increase. That small percentage would be easily wiped away once you account for the the extra interactions you get on Fireball.

Worry not, they aren't getting an "execute".

I think the intent of that legendary is to give them unlimited mobility during execute for a minuscule (much less than pre-execute) loss. That said, i don't have much experience with Mages.
    Oh i'm not worried, i was trying to play it down actually. It's not as good as it seems. I doubt i'll be spamming Scorch under 20% on my Mage if i get that item. Just gives unlimited mobility, which is obviously very good, just not as bonkers as a few people here seem to think.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know, I was just curious about the potential gain, and your comment was the most relevant. It definitely seems like an interesting mechanical choice for a legendary though, and I hope I get a chance to play around with it sometime this expansion.

I've just tested the Twins painful Touch legendary on the Beta because i was curious how it worked. I don't know how it picks it's targets, say if you have 5 targets, but 3 have dots on already. I don't know if it can randomly target mobs, or it chooses not dotted mobs. However, an interesting fact is when you cast that first Mind Sear in Void Form, it will actually refresh both dots to their max duration, and by extension spread max durations dots to 3 other targets.

Is it me or that a huge qol benefit? You fall out of void form, and if you get back into Void Form before your dots expire, you can refresh 4 sets of dots in 1 gcd, providing they're stacked of course. Seems a huge benefit for stacked dps? Or am i overvaluing it? Pretty sure that's saving tons of GCds over the course of a fight/dungeon. Especially good for Dungeons. Saying that, i'm getting ahead of myself. You actually save 2 gcds because it would spread to three mobs anyway. Still, it will be nice to not have to refresh dots on the target you mind sear, as it does it automatically.
    Last edited by Sarkol; 2016-08-26 at 07:31 PM.

You will refresh your dot before going into vf imo since you'll waste a buff otherwise.

the buff is refreshed whenever you enter VF, unless they added a cd on it.

So you could do : mind sear => VE => vf "rotation" => refresh everything whenever => repeat.

Tho I dunno if it's better than the shoulders or the belt (well the belt i think is designed with SI talented in mind to really profit from the added charges.)

Homophobia is so gay.