Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zsecmmo View Post
    But.. no one is really leveling right now? They are all doing invasions because the XP rate is higher.

- - - Updated - - -

I would OF wanted a larger invasion, that's just me.
    More power to you, but I imagine the majority of the playerbase does not agree with you. We've had 14 months of HFC. The people who've been playing the entire expansion are tired of WoD and the people who quit early just want to wipe WoD from their memories.

I am happy to see so many people not accepting this abomination of 'would of'. Thank you!

I have been infected with the "have" virus.
    A virus that make you sound like you didn't fail 4th grade English? Sounds awful.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    More power to you, but I imagine the majority of the playerbase does not agree with you. We've had 14 months of HFC. The people who've been playing the entire expansion are tired of WoD and the people who quit early just want to wipe WoD from their memories.
    I actually enjoyed WOD, I agree that HFC went on too long just like SoO, but in the end it wasn't all just orcs. I enjoyed the PVE leveling as well, but the treasure hunting became A little repetitive. I've always been in it for the Lore and PVE, I'm no Mythic dungeon/raider elite. But who knows Legion may change that with the addition of Mythic+.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    I am happy to see so many people not accepting this abomination of 'would of'. Thank you!
    I mean, the abomination IS "would of", it's actually an abomination of "would've". But yeah, that's going a little far.

It's funny how it's literally always americans doing the "would of" thing. I wonder where it comes from.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Does this mean that you don't want to join the "would of" movement with me?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Meagree View Post
    I mean, the abomination IS "would of", it's actually an abomination of "would've". But yeah, that's going a little far.

It's funny how it's literally always americans doing the "would of" thing. I wonder where it comes from.
    We are back to this? Did you forget who discovered America?

10+ Year Old Account
    But.. no one is really leveling right now? They are all doing invasions because the XP rate is higher.

- - - Updated - - -

I would have* wanted a larger invasion, that's just me.
    The invasions are pretty big as they are now. You actually have to do a lot of exploration and travelling. Getting out into the world.

We are back to this? Did you forget who discovered America?
    People who didn't speak English? You think this is something that's accepted as proper language in america? It's not, it's stupid even there - the difference is that fewer people realise it.

7+ Year Old Account
    People who didn't speak English? You think this is something that's accepted as proper language in america? It's not, it's stupid even there - the difference is that fewer people realise it.
    Would of fooled me.

Would of fooled me.
    I'm aware. Gotta hand it to you for valiantly defending your stupidity and lack of education, at least.

Dont worry guys, 3days and they are gone forever.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm aware. Gotta hand it to you for valiantly defending your stupidity and lack of education, at least.
    So are you going to down other cultures as well on how they speak? for example Cowboy's that say howdy, or other sorts of communication that can plainly be understood no matter how you tell someone hello.

Would of, should of ... I could care less and would collect mass XP either way irregardless! Maggy Sue me.

The written form of speaking "would of" is "would've". Unless you want to actually say "would have", which is the original form of the contraction "would've".

It isn't a lack of education, it is the lack of ability (or desire) to put spoken words into (relative) proper written form, or rebelling for the sake of rebelling/pissing people off.

I'm not saying to write in perfect grammar, but at least attempt to write correctly what you say.
    Reject common sense to make the impossible possible! ~Kamina, Gurren Lagann

...You'll kill my dick?! What the hell does that even mean? I'll kill your dick! ~Grayson Hunt, Bulletstorm

So are you going to down other cultures as well on how they speak? for example Cowboy's that say howdy, or other sorts of communication that can plainly be understood no matter how you tell someone hello.
    Nobody (intelligent) writes "would of" and pretends it's correct. Hell, nobody SAYS "would of" and pretends it's correct. What you think it is is "would've" which is pronounced similarly. "Would of" isn't correct in any sense.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gattsu125 View Post
    The written form of speaking "would of" is "would've". Unless you want to actually say "would have", which is the original form of the contraction "would've".

It isn't a lack of education, it is the lack of ability (or desire) to put spoken words into (relative) proper written form, or rebelling for the sake of rebelling/pissing people off.

I'm not saying to write in perfect grammar, but at least attempt to write correctly what you say.
    I've used would of and would've many times, never had A problem with anyone understanding, and sure didn't have 3 pages of useless argument over the English language.

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody (intelligent) writes "would of" and pretends it's correct. Hell, nobody SAYS "would of" and pretends it's correct. What you think it is is "would've" which is pronounced similarly. "Would of" isn't correct in any sense.
    The way you pronounce or say a word is only as correct as where it originated from. If I said "I am going to the beach" and another culture changes it to "I'm going'th to'tha beach", or goin for short, to the beach", who cares? you understood me and know exactly where it came from. I just made up a word and you still understood me, do you see where I'm going with this?

All that I said and all you are worried about is how I worded it, who cares it's the internet.
    Spelling mistakes are fine but what you said makes no sense. Go get an education.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    NightHaawk rolls a 2 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: HA HA HA HA
    Chikko rolls a 1 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: FFFUUUUU

I've used would of and would've many times, never had A problem with anyone understanding, and sure didn't have 3 pages of useless argument over the English language.
    Maybe stop trying to be so adamant about "would of" being a correct written form. Because what is being said (out loud) is written as "would've". Simple as that. Then the useless argument wouldn't exist any longer.

But...to be on topic with invasions, anything can be changed to be better, in hindsight of course. Nothing can really be made perfect, as it can always be improved upon, especially with different opinions being different. Let alone there being technical limitations/optimization decisions for how something like a full-on Legion invasion would really be.
    Reject common sense to make the impossible possible! ~Kamina, Gurren Lagann

...You'll kill my dick?! What the hell does that even mean? I'll kill your dick! ~Grayson Hunt, Bulletstorm

It comes down to this this, freedom of speech.

I can say I would of, big instead of larger, great instead of better. And If I want I can vote for Trump. Not everyone is taught the same in every state or country. We all have different individuality and personality. Again this is just a forum, instead of going through all this you could of provided some constructive feedback about wow.
    holy fuck its another retarded entitled American that thinks he is right about literally everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    NightHaawk rolls a 2 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: HA HA HA HA
    Chikko rolls a 1 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: FFFUUUUU

- - - Updated - - -

The way you pronounce or say a word is only as correct as where it originated from. If I said "I am going to the beach" and another culture changes it to "I'm going'th to'tha beach", or goin for short, to the beach", who cares? you understood me and know exactly where it came from. I just made up a word and you still understood me, do you see where I'm going with this?
    Yep. You're lazy and stupid and want to embrace it. As long as you don't think it's correct, I'm cool with it.