10+ Year Old Account

laughing skull and golden lotus reputation

after draenor dungeon event i grinded laughing skull orcs rep to exalted and would like to buy their vanity stuff (mounts/pets/transmog).
    is their only vendor in garrison trading post ? because he is not affected by reputation discount and mount that should cost 4k at exalted costs full price 5k. am i missing something ??

also i would like to grind golden lotus rep to exalted on my DH for pandaria flying. is it still possible to farm their rep after the golden pagoda destruction ?

thanks for answers

You shouldn't have to grind Golden Lotus anymore. Just pop over to the vendor and purchase flying.

Trading Post is the only place to buy those items. I'm not aware if any discounts are factored in or not however.

10+ Year Old Account
    with pandaria flying i know i can buy it straight away, but if i can get a discount i rather grind rep first. i just feel bad if i pay more if i didnt necessarily have to

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    with pandaria flying i know i can buy it straight away, but if i can get a discount i rather grind rep first. i just feel bad if i pay more if i didnt necessarily have to
    But... Given the time it takes to grind exalted, if you spent that time getting gold instead, wouldn't it be a net gain?

Quote Originally Posted by Palilou View Post
    But... Given the time it takes to grind exalted, if you spent that time getting gold instead, wouldn't it be a net gain?
    I agree with this.
    You can earn reputation from a targeted faction via dungeons from that same expansion, if you choose that faction in the factions/reputation UI.
    Otherwise you are really going to be limited by daily quests, somewhat counter-productive to any saving you are wanting to make.

Still does not seem worth it for upto 20% discount, 500g at best.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-08-26 at 01:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can use the relics from Ancient Guo-Lai caches to increase rep, as well as the Stolen Golden Lotus Insignias from the rare Zandalari mobs, provided you tag them before the other faction does.
    There are also a few dailies at Setting Sun Garrison.

And yes, the only Laughing Skull vendor is at the Trading Post.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Deleted
    Lotus is insanely easy nowadays, get npc scan addon, and just travel round the vale killing the rares, that give a ton of rep
    They also have a few dailies, don't forget to buy the double rep token at honoured isn't it, might be reverreed, from lotus QM

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Well, not just the rares, but all the mobs. I believe they give around 25-35 rep per kill.
    20 rep, if you have gotten the Revered double rep insignia. Otherwise 10 rep.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Okay, I was revered when I was grinding it, so I was getting more. Though, I know some of the bigger NPCs were giving me 30 or 35 - I believe the Mogu.
    Possibly some named mobs then.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    Well, not just the rares, but all the mobs. I believe they give around 25-35 rep per kill.
    Yeah, more meant the rares give hundreds though, think it's 600 isn't it per rare, then I got token active so might be 300 without
    On a usual sweep of the rares in zone, I tend to get at least ten, so that's 6k rep for 10mins work, but slaughtering the normals is also good , especially if your farming