Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Fair enough. He does appear to be off his rockers. Or meds. Not sure.
    I'm 99.99% sure he's just T'ing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    What exactly do you mean by that? You mean we should legislate how often, with who and how people can have sex? Because if it that's what you mean, I don't even know where to start to explain to you why that would be the single most authoritarian, dictatorial, insane, laughably crazy and utterly impractical thing.

- - - Updated - - -

That is absolutely not how it works. It is both historically and statistically proven that Abstinence only education simply doesn't work, and has the utterly opposite effect than intended and that Abstinence First education under-performs compared to Comprehensive Sex Ed.

It doesn't matter how many times you call scientists deranged or whatnot, it simply doesn't work. It never has. On the contrary, teen pregnancy rates and unwanted pregnancy rates were exponentially higher before sex ed.

People just hid it, didn't talk about it, had shady black market abortions, went to live with their aunts in a different state/city, got married at 15/16.

You can't pretend a problem away. You either address it, or it just stays there, festering under the pretenses.
    The general conservative response to this is, "Well if they couldn't practice self control, they deserve to have their lives ruined. Those who take a little personal responsibility will be fine." The more liberal point of view is "Hey look, we can generally improve outcomes for society as a whole if we understand the reality that people will have sex no matter what and try to educate people based on that assumption."
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    There's plenty of space in between "giving into your base desires at every opportunity" and being psychotically celibate.
    Waiting til marriage isn't psychotically celibate, it's been the expected norm in civilized societies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post

That is absolutely not how it works. It is both historically and statistically proven that Abstinence only education simply doesn't work, and has the utterly opposite effect than intended and that Abstinence First education under-performs compared to Comprehensive Sex Ed.
    There is no evidence of abstinence not working, there is only an issue with the society and parents having lower expectations. No shame in sleeping around = going to happen more and more. Whoring (not in the prostitution sense) has always been around, but there were serious societal and sometimes legal ramifications, not to mention the most sexually prolific being guaranteed to have STDs, as is the case today.

It doesn't matter how many times you call scientists deranged or whatnot, it simply doesn't work. It never has. On the contrary, teen pregnancy rates and unwanted pregnancy rates were exponentially higher before sex ed.

People just hid it, didn't talk about it, had shady black market abortions, went to live with their aunts in a different state/city, got married at 15/16.

You can't pretend a problem away. You either address it, or it just stays there, festering under the pretenses.
    "Unwanted" pregnancies weren't utterly rampant until cultural movements made it acceptable. There was no problem whatsoever with people being so shamed that they had to start over. NO PROBLEM. This shit is responsible for the single motherhood epidemic, and I do hope I don't have to explain why single motherhood is problematic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    So I was looking on my Facebook as I do once in a blue moon and found a post from a British couple in their twenties perhaps even thirties announcing their wedding date after 5 years engaged. Nothing particularly interesting about that then I read that they don't believe in sex before marriage and was genuinely surprised because I didn't think people still believed that in Britain beyond incredibly devote religious people (which is uncommon here) and they claimed they're not overly religious. My immediate thoughts were that she's going to be incredibly disappointed on her wedding night. Got me thinking, do you know people who still believe in no sex before marriage or perhaps even believe it yourself, what's your views?
    didnt britain move away from the eu? why do people still call them british dafuq?

Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    No hymen, no diamond crew.

Women who wait till marriage are statistically way more likely to have a successful marriage.
    Statistically, womens who follows this kind of esctrict realigeous ways, are way more likely to have a successful marriage because religion wouldn't let them divorce or cheat, not because they dont want.
    father's of my ex-gf are still married even that they dont love each other any more. successful marriage? i pass.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spunt View Post
    Who wants to be with someone who is bad at sex? Sounds like living hell.
    hahahaha rofling

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shonist View Post
    hahahaha rofling
    Sure, you laugh. But just think about it, on your wedding night, and she says "ewww... you want to put that where?"
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

First of all, too many things like this are associated with religion and that is stupid. second; sex is not what is important in a relationship although the ability and desire to do it is necessary. the important things are the ability to have a relationship that shows your kids that it is a good thing to get married and have a family, and the ability to be a good parent so they are prepared to succeed in the modern world. the problem with sex before marriage is the subconscious mind experiences a lot of sex with the same person and no kids being produced and since our subconscious mind is still thinking in a pre birth control world it assumes the other person is infertile. with this thinking on a subconscious level we start getting irritated by the other person and the relationship sours. by the way religion is not what helps relationships but prayer for the other person (if done right) can help by helping us care more for the other person.
    Last edited by khazmodan; 2016-08-26 at 06:35 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Incredibale View Post
    Waiting til marriage isn't psychotically celibate, it's been the expected norm in civilized societies.
    Actually, waiting until marriage is outside of the expected norm in a modern, civilized society. Maybe your sample size is limited to the imaginary standards you've created for your own world view.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyAmIhere View Post
    didnt britain move away from the eu? why do people still call them british dafuq?
    What the fuck does being "British" have to do with the EU? Are you trolling or just daft?

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    First of all, too many things like this are associated with religion and that is stupid.
    The very notion of waiting until marriage is derived directly from religious texts.

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    second; sex is not what is important in a relationship although the ability and desire to do it is necessary.<drivel snip>
    Without intimacy, you're just friends.

Deleted
    Actually, waiting until marriage is outside of the expected norm in a modern, civilized society. Maybe your sample size is limited to the imaginary standards you've created for your own world view.

What the fuck does being "British" have to do with the EU? Are you trolling or just daft?

The very notion of waiting until marriage is derived directly from religious texts.

Without intimacy, you're just friends.
    because if britain left the eu that means the people who lived there become european? why are you insulting me for trying to figure out why people still call them british instead of european.

7+ Year Old Account
    because if britain left the eu that means the people who lived there become european? why are you insulting me for trying to figure out why people still call them british instead of european.
    Britain is still Britain regardless of its EU status. The EU is not a country. It's a union of countries. The term "British" refers to people from Britain, not people from the "EU". And I wasn't insulting you. It was a legitimate question. Especially considering that thread you posted.

Actually, waiting until marriage is outside of the expected norm in a modern, civilized society.
    What is your point other than to give credence to degenerate fuckwit behavior? It wasn't acceptable in the past so the problems that stem from it did not exist at modern levels.

People still give lip service to the concept but most do not reserve themselves until marriage, with dire consequences that have been gone over several times. You "people" (or bots that spit out mindless regurgitated leftist bullshit, I can't tell the difference now) act like prolific sexual behavior has no negative consequences - you and the other sillies have yet to acknowledge them.

What is your point other than to give credence to degenerate fuckwit behavior? It wasn't acceptable in the past so the problems that stem from it did not exist at modern levels.

People still give lip service to the concept but most do not reserve themselves until marriage, with dire consequences that have been gone over several times. You "people" (or bots that spit out mindless regurgitated leftist bullshit, I can't tell the difference now) act like prolific sexual behavior has no negative consequences - you and the other sillies have yet to acknowledge them.
    I thought only religious loonies are that dense.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    I thought only religious loonies are that dense.
    No, the dense ones are like you, who discard timeless sensible wisdom in favor of mindless at-all-costs modernity.

Old concepts are automatically bad, outdated.

Doesn't matter that you see the horrific consequences of that sort of behavior all around you.

Deleted
    Im with Mistame here, are you being serious?

7+ Year Old Account

All you've been rambling about for the last however many pages is the same garbage spewed by half-wit religious zealots with no basis in reality or fact. Morality is subjective, which means no one else in the entire fucking world has any obligation whatsoever to take anything that you say as anything other baseless dogma. Yes, having unprotected sex increases your risks. Safe sex, even if it is prolific, is fine.

who discard timeless sensible wisdom in favor of mindless at-all-costs modernity.
    Clearly the earth is flat, too. Outdated and archaic principles that don't mesh with modern society are in fact, inherently bad for society.

Im with Mistame here, are you being serious?
    Apparently he thinks that Britain being part of the EU means that all "Europeans" are "British", too.
    Last edited by Mistame; 2016-08-26 at 07:18 PM.

All you've been rambling about for the last however many pages is the same garbage spewed by half-wit religious zealots with no basis in reality or fact. Morality is subjective, which means no one else in the entire fucking world has any obligation whatsoever to take anything that you say as anything other baseless dogma. Yes, having unprotected sex increases your risks. Safe sex, even if it is prolific, is fine.
    Of course you don't believe in objective morality, you believe that baby murder is fine.

It's becoming all too clear that I can't regard you and people like you as fellow human beings, since you tend not to act like one.

Deleted
    Of course you don't believe in objective morality, you believe that baby murder is fine.

It's becoming all too clear that I can't regard you and people like you as fellow human beings, since you tend not to act like one.
    How Christian of you

7+ Year Old Account
    That's because for most part, it is subjective. I don't support "baby murder". But abortion isn't "baby murder" because a fetus isn't a "baby" yet. But that's another discussion.

Luckily for me what others think is irrelevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is the oldest profession in the world again?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

How Christian of you
    Not that you people would know anything about being Christian.

BTW God had the Israelites destroy the Canaanites who were into child sacrifice, which is pretty much what abortion is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    What is the oldest profession in the world again?
    What your mom does for a living. tee-hee
    Last edited by Incredibale; 2016-08-26 at 08:05 PM.