Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    Indeed it was across the board. My point is why lower something that everyone and their mother says is low already. Talking about frost spec. All the discord guys won't touch it. Spike to Jace in game and he said just don't...
    Legendaries are being balanced against each other, so the ones that give the DPS increase all give relatively the same % increase. If A was giving 50K DPS increase which is 20% increase to spec X and B was giving a 50K increase which was a 10% increase to spec Z. Then based on their ideal % increase they want Legendaries to give, Either A or B is going to get nerf/buff. The tuning changes had noting to with how high or low a spec was performing, it was based on the items giving to small or to big of a gain over their intended goal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    Legendaries are being balanced against each other, so the ones that give the DPS increase all give relatively the same % increase. If A was giving 50K DPS increase which is 20% increase to spec X and B was giving a 50K increase which was a 10% increase to spec Z. Then based on their ideal % increase they want Legendaries to give, Either A or B is going to get nerf/buff. The tuning changes had noting to with how high or low a spec was performing, it was based on the items giving to small or to big of a gain over their intended goal.
    This exactly. Too many people cry because somebody is trying to make the game better for everybody. QQ

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockie View Post
    Little bit harsh if you ask me man... You're complaining about 5%... 5%. I have no idea why you find it necessary to complain about such an insignificant change when the game has seen much worse in the past. "5% nerf, fuck you dev's you suck" - good outlook bud! How about "thanks for making this game that I care enough about to shit post on forums"?
    Then shut up you and keep your shit comments to yourself

INFRACTION
    Last edited by Stacie; 2016-08-26 at 04:43 PM. Reason: INFRACTION
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

7+ Year Old Account
    with the drop rate being 1-4% i would say these changes need to be undone any piece of gear that's below 5% drop rate should be Best in Slot very strong piece of gear there shouldn't be any pruning and or balance to it whatsoever.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    I think it was a sweeping nerf across all the legendaries for every class. I don't think Unholy and Frost were targeted specifically.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Incorrect, there are buffs including to marksmanship & fire.
    And also no changes to Elemental legendaries, which basically "didnt affect" DPS at all.

I'm not sure how dependent, if at all, the dps specs were on the legendaries for being competitive\viable, but i think it's a pretty big design flaw to make a spec rely on legendaries right now. Think the best thing they can do is nerf the shit out of them, make them good enough to use, but not good enough to need. and if a spec is weak, then buff the spec, not the item.

These frostbracers had a huge impact on my frostdmg. The nerf hurts a little but its still a huge difference if you have them equipped. I think they will tune them to 10% sometime in the future.

Did frost really need nerfs? rofl

No, but if you pay attention the items were all rebalanced regardless of the spec that uses them. You don't balance a class through the items they equip.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Did frost really need nerfs? rofl
    Frost didn't get a nerf, they nerfed a legendary that was giving a % dps increase that was bigger than their intended goal. Should also note that this happened post RI fix, which made it way more powerful than it should have been.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    No, but if you pay attention the items were all rebalanced regardless of the spec that uses them. You don't balance a class through the items they equip.
    Exactly, they want the DPS legandries to give D%-F% increase and if it was giving A%-C% it was buffed and if it was giving G%-I% it was nerfed. There will probably be another pass on them right after raids unlock.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can't say I'm surprised at the changes. Got a bit of a laugh about the fire mage ones. Sure, they were on the weak side but c'mon now.

I think it was a sweeping nerf across all the legendaries for every class. I don't think Unholy and Frost were targeted specifically.
    Some got nerfs, some got buffs. No one got more legendary nerfs than DK, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    That shoulders nerf is a huge bummer. I was looking forward to being able to line it up with apocalypse+army+gargoyle, but that reduction makes that idea a hell of a lot less compelling. Seems like you'd always go for any of the other ones now, right? I knew that was already the case, but this really hammers it in.

I'm a bit scared of a meta where the bracers are the best legendary and Castigator is the best talent on its tier. That'd mean that we have an incentive to have 5+ wounds on a target at any given time, but also that we could apply 6 with one hit. The possibility of excess wounds or wasted wound bursts would be way too significant for my liking.

Kinda makes me think that Castigator should increase max possible wounds by 2 or something. Keep effects that manipulate wounds capped at 8 (for example, bursting 10 wounds with Apocalypse would still summon 8 ghouls) to make sure that it's nothing other than a bit of a buffer to prevent pure RNG from wasting procs of Castigator when stuff like the bracers are involved.
    Castigator won't be picked with the bracers AFAIK... it'd basically force you into only using Scourge Strike when you have 8 wounds because you have the potential to pop all 8 with one attack. I think because of this and because of the fact that the bracers are really good you will probably choose between Clawing Shadows or... the other one lol. It'd just be weird with both.

The reason I dislike the bracers though is that it provides a weird gray area. Right now on live it's very easy just to map out in your mind how you plan on attacking. Festering strike at 0-2 wounds on the target, scourge strike when the target has 3 or more. There's never a time where one has the chance to waste a proc. Castigator Festering wound only generates a max of 6 wounds so if you use it below 3 you will never go too high. Castigator Scourge Strike will pop three wounds if both hits crit so it's really easy to math it out. With the bracers... you generate up to 4 wounds so you wouldn't want to use it at 5 or more but your scourge strike can pop 6... so 5 is this weird area where I suppose we need sim for.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Castigator won't be picked with the bracers AFAIK... it'd basically force you into only using Scourge Strike when you have 8 wounds because you have the potential to pop all 8 with one attack. I think because of this and because of the fact that the bracers are really good you will probably choose between Clawing Shadows or... the other one lol. It'd just be weird with both.

The reason I dislike the bracers though is that it provides a weird gray area. Right now on live it's very easy just to map out in your mind how you plan on attacking. Festering strike at 0-2 wounds on the target, scourge strike when the target has 3 or more. There's never a time where one has the chance to waste a proc. Castigator Festering wound only generates a max of 6 wounds so if you use it below 3 you will never go too high. Castigator Scourge Strike will pop three wounds if both hits crit so it's really easy to math it out. With the bracers... you generate up to 4 wounds so you wouldn't want to use it at 5 or more but your scourge strike can pop 6... so 5 is this weird area where I suppose we need sim for.
    This is a problem with the bracers. I think they should just make it so if you have the bracers the max wounds you can have goes up or something.

As for running it with Castigator, I think you would probably want to even with wound over-capping or wasting anyway, since you'd really want the extra 2 wounds on Festering Strike (and the overall faster popping that would occur, as well as the 2pc synergy). The probability of double-critting on Scourge Strike AND proccing all 5 wounds on the wrists is very low, so if you lose wounds to that occasionally it shouldn't matter much, even if it doesn't feel great. I'm guessing you'd want maybe 5 or 6 wounds at least on the target before SSing, but that's obviously just a guess. We will need to see sims to know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Julian5 View Post
    As for running it with Castigator, I think you would probably want to.
    Nah from what I hear Castigator isn't as much a DPS gain as it is without the bracers to the point where it's very feasible either of the other talents becomes better. Essentially it's "too good" to the point where you lose out on the potential value gained. If your wound count went up as well this wouldn't be the case and it would be just as high of a dps gain as it is without the bracers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Nah from what I hear Castigator isn't as much a DPS gain as it is without the bracers to the point where it's very feasible either of the other talents becomes better. Essentially it's "too good" to the point where you lose out on the potential value gained. If your wound count went up as well this wouldn't be the case and it would be just as high of a dps gain as it is without the bracers.
    Yeah, I can understand that. That might not be the case with the T19 2pc though. That might restore value to Castigator, even if wounds are wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    Some got nerfs, some got buffs. No one got more legendary nerfs than DK, of course.
    I'm sorry but I guess no other classes have such flat % damage increase as the DK as far as I know.
    Most legendaries are supposed to implement or change a few mechanics, not just straight buff your primary damaging abilities or cooldowns.
    I used to main DK until legion pre patch, now I just wish my new class had a legendary that gave +15% ALL DAMAGE every 1 min.
    Last edited by xicoia; 2016-08-27 at 03:00 PM.
    When someone says that women can not join a raid there's only one question left.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    They raid without healers?

Deleted
    not all legendaries. warlocks havent been touched.

Just not that serious. They are still amazing. They were probably just too good.
    If they end up too weak they will be buffed again no doubt.

Keep in mind its difficult for damage dealers. The item is already hugely high item level, so you need to make sure the item doesn't completely dominate the damage of a class. They need to feel like they are still strong without it.

This isn't an issue with tanks and healers as theirs mostly help them do their job, where as the DPS ones just increase their DPS.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post

This isn't an issue with tanks and healers as theirs mostly help them do their job, where as the DPS ones just increase their DPS.
    Which helps DPS do their job