7+ Year Old Account
    Trump once again hiring the best and the brightest.

What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    Trump once again hiring the best and the brightest.

Haha. You can't write this stuff...

Hey now, he is hiring the best and the brightest...of the people that will actually talk to his campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Nothing is wrong with exposing Republican corruption, but why not use factual claims? Surely you could find some.
    You mean like http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...d-trump-217828 ? We all know the RNC at one point was trying to manipulate Trump out, it is why he went on TV near the end crying about how the system was rigged against him and why RNC were considering not picking the guy who got the majority vote.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Hey now, he is hiring the best and the brightest...of the people that will actually talk to his campaign.
    Pretty much. This weeks campaign manager has never been part of a successful campaign. THE CEO is a racist ideologue and never been part of any campaign before. And that's without talking about his previous campaign managers. No one should wonder why his campaign looks like a rudderless boat in a storm.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    You mean like http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...d-trump-217828 ? We all know the RNC at one point was trying to manipulate Trump out, it is why he went on TV near the end crying about how the system was rigged against him and why RNC were considering not picking the guy who got the majority vote.
    Yup, there you go. They weren't quiet about being against Trump.

7+ Year Old Account
    Interesting commentary on the lack of defense for Trump from the GOP.

Here are the leading Republicans who rushed to defend Donald Trump on race: ______

On Dec. 29, 2014, Rep. Steve Scalise (R-La.) admitted that he'd attended an event hosted by white supremacist leaders a decade earlier. The timing was awkward for Republicans, since Scalise had recently moved into the upper ranks of the House caucus after Eric Cantor lost his reelection bid. Within 24 hours, then-Speaker John A. Boehner stood by Scalise.

"More than a decade ago, Representative Scalise made an error in judgment, and he was right to acknowledge it was wrong and inappropriate," Boehner said in a statement. "Like many of my colleagues on both sides of the aisle, I know Steve to be a man of high integrity and good character. He has my full confidence as our Whip, and he will continue to do great and important work for all Americans."

It was important for Boehner to step up for Scalise because Scalise was part of the party's leadership team. Yet the day after Hillary Clinton delivered a stinging indictment of Donald Trump, the Republican Party's ostensible leader, on the same subject, other Republican leaders haven't risen to his defense.

The Republican Party has tweeted repeatedly since Clinton's speech, praising the National Park Service, hitting Clinton on her foundation and pledging to return to the Constitution. It offered no press release in defense of its nominee, issuing one only about Clinton having not held a press conference since last year.

That's been the only subject of Republican Chairman Reince Priebus's tweets, too, including one this morning.

Speaker Paul D. Ryan's website (where Boehner's 2014 statement currently lives) includes an update about constituent outreach by Rep. Mac Thornberry added since Thursday — but, then, Ryan's official page isn't the proper place for a political defense. The Facebook page for his campaign has updated twice since Clinton's speech with a YouTube video of one of his speeches and a call to update the tax code.

Cathy McMorris Rodgers, chair of the House Republican Conference, has also weighed in on social media since Clinton's speech: She gave a shout-out to a local business and wrote about preventing forest fires.

NBC's Frank Thorp reached out to both Ryan's office and that of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell. The results?

The speech was not a surprise. Clinton announced that she intended to link Trump to the so-called alt-right earlier this week, making it clear she would imply that the Republican nominee had the backing of racists and anti-Semites. In a normal election cycle, that would prompt the party to line up leaders and surrogates in defense of their candidate. This isn't a normal election cycle.

MSNBC's Benjy Sarlin (who noticed the GOP's silence early) points out that his network asked party spokesman Sean Spicer about the lack of a coordinated rebuttal to Clinton. "I don't know," Spicer said. "I think Congress is in recess."

Congress is in recess, as it has been since the middle of July. (Nice work if you can get it.) That didn't stop members of Congress from tweeting. By my quick tally, there have been 86 tweets from Republican members of Congress since Clinton's speech. A handful have dealt with the presidential race; none can be interpreted as a defense of Donald Trump.

One Republican's tweet can be interpreted as the opposite.

There has also been no defense of the Republican nominee from his running mate. After a string of tornadoes in his home state, Gov. Mike Pence returned to Indiana. His tweets over the past day have dealt with the state's recovery. His campaign Twitter account, which could easily have tweeted a link to a statement defending Trump, didn't. He hasn't tweeted there since Wednesday.

Trump does have statements on his website offering a defense. Three come from members of the "Republican Leadership Initiative," a party effort to teach the basics of political campaigns to those interested. So the party-connected individuals we can say with certainty have defended Trump are Alfred Liz, Patricia Bober and Oz Sultan.

This is not exactly a circling of the wagons.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...n-race-______/

Well about a week before labor day, political math insiders say that if Trump is down by 6+ points by labor day it is over except for the possibility of an October Surprise. That is of course not taking into account that this is the Chaos candidate we are talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Haha. You can't write this stuff...
    Missed a day. Can you make this stuff up?

"The only people enthusiastic about her campaign are Hollywood celebrities, in many cases celebrities that aren’t very hot anymore"
    -- Donald Trump

Leaving aside the "Mostly False" rating from Politifact (who, incidentally, didn't even bother mentioning that Warren Buffet is pretty enthusiastic, and in no way a Hollywood celebrity), this gets thrown in the pile of things Trump has said about people (mostly women) only being of value if they're attractive.

EDIT: I guess "hot" could also mean "popular". That's not a whole lot better.
    Last edited by Breccia; 2016-08-26 at 07:13 PM.

Deleted
    I am really looking forward to President Trump's selection for his cabinet positions. It is going to be nice to see the career politicians and lobbyists get kicked to the curb over private sector folks. Hillary will still have the Clinton Foundation so at least that will be one less former politician in the unemployment line.

Trump 2016 - representing REAL Americans and Making America Great Again!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

"The only people enthusiastic about her campaign are Hollywood celebrities, in many cases celebrities that aren’t very hot anymore"
    -- Donald Trump

Leaving aside the "Mostly False" rating from Politifact (who, incidentally, didn't even bother mentioning that Warren Buffet is pretty enthusiastic, and in no way a Hollywood celebrity), this gets thrown in the pile of things Trump has said about people (mostly women) only being of value if they're attractive.
    Oh c'mon, we all know Scott Baio is the pinnacle of hotness right now. (Not even sure if he meant attractiveness or popularity, but applies to both)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    I am really looking forward to President Trump's selection for his cabinet positions. It is going to be nice to see the career politicians and lobbyists get kicked to the curb over private sector folks. Hillary will still have the Clinton Foundation so at least that will be one less former politician in the unemployment line.

Do tell us who the REAL Americans are. Be specific.
    Last edited by Pangean; 2016-08-26 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

-- Donald Trump

EDIT: I guess "hot" could also mean "popular". That's not a whole lot better.

I'm going to go with popular simply because of this movie.

what's a real american? this is from a country that was literally made by diferent waves of inmigration, each reviled by the locals of that time.

or you mean, that the real american are the WASPs and everyone else is a filthy brown?
    Last edited by Thepersona; 2016-08-26 at 07:20 PM.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

I guess I'm not a real American since his party's platform has it written in to screw over myself and others like me.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is going to be nice to see the career politicians and lobbyists get kicked to the curb over private sector folks
    Isn't Trump, himself, a career lobbyist? You might have read about it on Breitbart.

Also, you'd have to cut his economic team down a bit. Andy Beal, Stephen Feinberg, Steve Mnuchin, Tom Barrack, and Howard Lorber all gave Trump large donations before being chosen. That's lobbying, right?

Is it time for the daily Ransath drive by shooting already?
    Drives up, rolls down window, fires into random crowds of people with an inaccurate uzi and then drives off before anyone can fire back.

Anybody who votes for Dump isn't just anti-American, their anti-human race.

Btw, what do you think of his latest flip-flop lie about now granting amnesty to illegals? You really don't believe you're being played along a vey thin string???

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Is it time for the daily Ransath drive by shooting already?
    Drives up, rolls down window, fires into random crowds of people with an inaccurate uzi and then drives off before anyone can fire back.
    The problem he has is his UZI isn't inaccurate rather than it pops out a flag that says POW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Oh c'mon, we all know Scott Baio is the pinnacle of hotness right now. (Not even sure if he meant attractiveness or popularity, but applies to both)
    What? Why would you bring Scott Baio into this? I don't underOH MY GODhe spoke at the RNC! I both can't believe and am so glad I missed that!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Btw, what do you think of his latest flip-flop lie about now granting amnesty to illegals?
    It's been a hectic 24 hours. Do you mean the original flip-flop, or the more recent flip-flip-flop? I mean, either way, it's not great news.