Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Hero League Party Size Discussion

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We know that party size in Hero League is a pretty heavily debated topic in the community. We've also had frequent and lengthy discussions on this internally. (The latest being as recent as last week!) In all cases there are those who passionately argue that Hero League should be limited to Solo Queue, but also those who would prefer to keep Duo Queues, or even expand the limit to three-player parties.

We don't currently have plans to make changes to the party sizes allowed in Hero League, but know that it's an active discussion we're monitoring both internally and in the community.

As far as MMR is concerned, we still have no plans to implement complete resets. However, we are still going to increase uncertainty with each new ranked season, much like we did for season 1.
    http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/forum...20748465427#15

In an ideal world the playerbase would be large enough to warrant a solo and multi-queue system individually. I think currently we're at the happy compromise point.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    I believe that it's kinda common to duo queue if you actually want to get promoted. Meaning it's widely acknowledged that premades gain heavy value over the cost of higher mmr enemy team (if all are solo). It kinda feels like random battlegrounds in WoW - if you face 2-4 m premade as enemy you know how endless harder it will get and the only thing you feel can do is to also look for people to team up with.

At the moment I really envy premades, whenever I watch streams and see how much value they get with just duo-queing I somehow are remembered that I am lacking this option and it would give a lot of benefit to look for some mates. But that's quiet bothersome to me, so I take it as a negative boni at the moment and continue solo.

But with this debate on the table it's kinda clear that I would prefer if they changed hero league to solo queue only.

Duo queue should always stay. It's moronic to take away ranked from 2 friends that enjoy playing together in a competitive environment. Being alone is trash. I don't see me, at least, playing any game alone or investing in it, either time or money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Easy, make 3 ranked modes.

Hero League: Strictly solo queue
    Buddy League: 2 + 3 group queue
    Team League: 5 man queue

10+ Year Old Account
    If they remove duoQ from HL and not replace it somehow/somewhere I think I will stop bothering with ranked mode.

I don't duoQ for the sole purpose of gaining ranks, but because I like playing with friends/people I know.

people severely overestimate the advantage duo queue gives you, outside of great players / using voice coms / always using heroes that combo together well

they probably should remove it in master + grandmaster league where it would actually make a difference to games, outside of that there's no real point other then it just being something else people point at to blame for their losses instead of looking at their own poor gameplay

Deleted
    How I fucking hate it when I write a wall of text for once and the forum swallows it. A bit more concise now.

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    Easy, make 3 ranked modes.

Hero League: Strictly solo queue
    Buddy League: 2 + 3 group queue
    Team League: 5 man queue
    Either this or - if the numbers don't warrant it - add duo and triple Q in the TL matchmaker. If people want to make a premade, they can do so in literally every other game mode: vs AI, quick match, unranked, TL. There really should be one mode as well for pure individual skill.

It would make HL more balanced, it would make TL more popular and it would allow the devs to cut all code that is implemeted to balance premades vs solo Q-ers in HL. It would also certainly make TL matchmaking better if more people are available and it would possibly make HL matchmaking better if the restrictions imposed by premades were gone.

Also, people who duo Q do so voluntarily. They should be part of the game mode, where they give themselves a communication and coordination disadvantage, not in the one where they have an advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Muis View Post
    If they remove duoQ from HL and not replace it somehow/somewhere I think I will stop bothering with ranked mode.

I don't duoQ for the sole purpose of gaining ranks, but because I like playing with friends/people I know.
    This is not about removing duo Q, it is about letting duo Q play against other duo Q and triple Q premades.
    Last edited by mmocabce60bc47; 2016-08-26 at 07:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i wasnt directly replying to your post (thevoice) but in general.
    If they give ranked with an option to duo/triple queue im fine with it and still play it.

Also duoQ gets highly overrated and alot dont even use comms :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes and no, depending on a league we are talking about.

In sh*t leagues, being able to control 40% of draft and having at least one player you can intuitively play with is a massive advantage. In higher leagues, where people pick good Heroes and know their roles, the impact of duo-queue is diminishing without communication.

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    In higher leagues, where people pick good Heroes and know their roles
    if only this was the case

edit: a game literally 2 mins ago - garden of terror, first pick kerrigan + auriel, tab out

tab back in as game starts, we also have tassadar + illidan + tyrande

"where people pick good heroes and know their roles" exDee
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2016-08-27 at 05:29 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    In an ideal world the playerbase would be large enough to warrant a solo and multi-queue system individually. I think currently we're at the happy compromise point.
    It would have to be a 2-3 multi que, a group of 4 or 2 teams of 2 are impossible.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Just change nothing, honestly. I don't see why HotS should follow the mistake LoL went with. If you want to "increase your chances", play with a friend. I for instance, never touch HotS (either HL or QM) if I am alone. It's just not fun enough alone.

i wasnt directly replying to your post (thevoice) but in general.
    If they give ranked with an option to duo/triple queue im fine with it and still play it.

Yeah DuoQ can be bad if both players are not great. It can become a double liability.

- - - Updated - - -

I am mixed about it, though. If they do make HL soloQ, though, duoQ/tripleQ should be viable in TL mode.

7+ Year Old Account
    Duo queue also tends to offset itself by pitting you against individuals of higher MMR.

I've smacked around some 5 mans on a team of 5 randoms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darchi
    Thx America for destroying Europe and world and all mess you cause bcs of your selfishness and only thinking abot yourself and of your interest, creating IS, killing in the name of democracy, etc etc...

Games bad come back to WoW

Infracted
    Last edited by Nerraw; 2016-08-29 at 08:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy View Post
    I've smacked around some 5 mans on a team of 5 randoms.
    Yeah, but it might have been a 5 man put together by Looking for Group.

Deleted
    Actually... the more I think about it: It is currently not possible to reach your area by solo queue.

It doesn't matter what size they end up with for hero league now. Their decision not to do hard resets of MMR when they phased out 3-5 queue has fucked over the ranking of that game mode for good. It'll get better over time, but there will still be people at rank 1/master who has not played for a year and a half, dragging everyone down when they do play.

https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthe...yched_are_you/

Looks like we might actually see a change soon.