Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ...
    I has a question.

Why is it that the USA with a population of 330million, a love of firearms and a fantastically powerful sport shooting lobby got utterly spanked* in shooting events?

3 medals across 17 different events. Shouldn't you guys be dominating these events?

*-At least you beat the other gun nut country, Switzerland.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    I has a question.

Why is it that the USA with a population of 330million, a love of firearms and a fantastically powerful sport shooting lobby got utterly spanked* in shooting events?

3 medals across 17 different events. Shouldn't you guys be dominating these events?

*-At least you beat the other gun nut country, Switzerland.

I think americans rather shoot trespassers in their gardens or shoot automatic rifles 'for fun' at gun ranges then joining a sport-shooting club.^^

No seriously, they are already dominating the medal table, don't let them get good at another sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Won't remember anyone who won a medal.

So how is Usain Bolt such a global superstar?
    This isn't a real question, right? I mean, it's not like he's won "a" medal... or even just "won a medal". Stupidity like this has to be a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    I think americans rather shoot trespassers in their gardens or shoot automatic rifles 'for fun' at gun ranges then joining a sport-shooting club.^^

No seriously, they are already dominating the medal table, don't let them get good at another sport.
    330 million people produced 121 medals. Canada has 33 million and produced 22 medals. Canada wins on a per capita basis. /flex

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meagree View Post
    This isn't a real question, right? I mean, it's not like he's won "a" medal... or even just "won a medal". Stupidity like this has to be a joke.
    Go back to the comment it was replying to.

That is the exact criteria. That people don't remember anyone who's won a medal.

Maybe then you'll not post knee jerk replies that make you look stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Go back to the comment it was replying to.

That is the exact criteria. That people don't remember anyone who's won a medal.

Maybe then you'll not post knee jerk replies that make you look stupid.
    Yeah. I'm the one looking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post
    Honestly, I doubt anyone remembers who won a medal in the Olympics in any event.

Oh, you won a gold medal? That's nice. That medal should come in handy when you have to pawn it off when you're desperate for money. Otherwise, it doesn't do anything besides look nice, and maybe get you laid.
    This is the quote. And while stupid and exaggerated, it clearly states that nobody remembers someone who won "a" medal. Bolt hasn't won "a" medal, so he's obviously an exception. Which is where your stupidity comes in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh so you're just going to debate semantics.

Yeah, no. Not going to get dragged into your petty nitpicking, go try it elsewhere.

Or grow up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    EU mocked for suggesting it 'won' the Olympics

The tally combines medals won by British athletes with those of their European counterparts and has led to the EU being accused of trying to "piggyback" on Team GB's Olympic triumphs.

It sparked an immediate backlash on social media, with one user responding: "This is disgusting EU propaganda! Did you asked the sports man and woman [sic] if they agree with this."

"The "European Union" were NOT participants in #Olympics at #Rio2016 so stop pretending you were part of it," fumed another.
    The EU appears to have declared itself the winner by adding up the number of medals won by its 28 member states and treating them as a single nation.

----------

What a joke.
    Haha, the salt. Lovely.

Going by per capita, the Bahamas 'won' it anyway.
    lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    I still think overall Sochi was worse, but Rio was definitely a pretty terrible Olympic Games
    Sochi was amazing for us Dutchies.