View Poll Results: what do you think? Did the right person die?

Voters
105. This poll is closed
  • yes

34 32.38%
  • no

2 1.90%
  • varian should be alive

20 19.05%
  • vol'jin should be alive

37 35.24%
  • someone else should have died

12 11.43%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Vol'jin didn't need to die but rather should have simply been unable to fight any longer. Not exactly crippled like say Drek'Thar in his wheelchair but just unfit for combat kind of thing. Should have stepped down and led his people from Org. I don't feel like his story was done well and that sucks. Thrall let go of being Warchief without needing to be killed off so...

Varian had a satisfying ending and a heroic death taking down a fel reaver and essentially spitting in gul'dan's face (God I wish he did that). Vol'jin's death just felt like a cheap way to make Sylvanas warchief. Garrosh had a more satisfying run as warchief than Vol'jin did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Jeez dude. Turn that frown upside down!
    my bad corrected it

Deleted
    Vol'jin should have lived more to do something. If they really wanted the warchief to be Sylvannas, they could have had him be injured and give her leadership as he simply can't fight until his troll blood heals him then let her be warchief since he'd like what she does.

Varian could have lived and instead have Anduin die! Now imagine what would have happened then? In my honest opinion, that would have been a such greater story idea, to have the grieving father outlasting his son and then becoming somewhat disarmed within himself and the leadership of the Alliance moving somewhat to another race due to this while we try to prop Varian up a bit.

Also, Aggra should have died. Thrall's current reason he can't use the elements is stupid honestly, but if Aggra would have died he could argue that he lost faith in the elements as he couldn't save her and yet now whenever he uses them he only remembers her death.
    Last edited by mmoc994dcc48c2; 2016-08-26 at 12:40 PM.

Faction balance right there.

Both needed to die but Vol'jin could've gone in a better way.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Varian lost all faith in the Horde before he died. The cinematic had him yelling "for Azeroth!" And upon his death, he said "For the Allianc". His sneer just after Sylvanas pulled away her archers kinda showed that too.

I think if he were to survive the broken shore, all faith in the Horde would be gone.
    He lost the hordes faith when he was busy giving a heroic speech while legion armies were attacking the cliff. In that regard I guess the feelings mutual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    varyan never did something really meaninful anyways

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    My question to you all:
    Did the right person die at the start of this new expansion.
    In my opinion for the alliance yes, for the hord no.
    Explanation:
    Alliance: If varian would have been alive, peace would have been very likely between hord and alliance. And story wise that would have been very useless. And he was very big and loved. So it makes a nice impact on the players. And we have enough hero's left to fill the spot. And he also had not that much left to tell.

Hord: This was bad choice. Yes the hord know him very well. But he has barely been seen as a leader. It still felt like a hero that had some story to tell. He was loved, but only for a hero. Not yet for a warchief. And unlike the alliance. the hord has almost no one left to fill his shoe's. Yes they have allot of hero's but they are very minor ones, or a contested ( gallixwax for warchief??). Only reason why he should stay dead is the same reason as varian. They could have brought peace between the hord and alliance.

Disclaimer: This is my opinion. So not facts. I am a alliance only player. So this is what i think as alliance player.

Varian dying is a way for Anduin to progress.

As for Vol'jin....blizz did him wrong with not having a decent story or things he did while warchief. So i guess they had to change it up and sylvanas is a character that has an interesting story that cant fit in with stormheim.

7+ Year Old Account
    I thought this was going to be about Tirion...poor tirion forgot to change the batteries in his flash light....the light could not save him this time

10+ Year Old Account
    i feel like voljin just died so alliance wont QQ like babies that they lost someone and horde didnt, his death was poor and he didnt do much either since he became warchief
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Deleted
    Genn should have sacrificed himself so Varian can live. Also, Thrall should have died, not Vol'jin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Vol'jin should have lived more to do something. If they really wanted the warchief to be Sylvannas, they could have had him be injured and give her leadership as he simply can't fight until his troll blood heals him then let her be warchief since he'd like what she does.

Varian could have lived and instead have Anduin die! Now imagine what would have happened then? In my honest opinion, that would have been a such greater story idea, to have the grieving father outlasting his son and then becoming somewhat disarmed within himself and the leadership of the Alliance moving somewhat to another race due to this while we try to prop Varian up a bit.

Also, Aggra should have died. Thrall's current reason he can't use the elements is stupid honestly, but if Aggra would have died he could argue that he lost faith in the elements as he couldn't save her and yet now whenever he uses them he only remembers her death.
    We already have the grieving father with Genn Greymane. If anything, he should have sacrificed himself, to be united with his son in the afterworld.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandta View Post
    You think Varian is dead, that's cute.
    Varian lives forever among us... as fel dust.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Varian lives forever among us... as fel dust.
    He'll be remembered as the +200 Mastery enchant on my rings.

OT: Varian dying was perfect timing storywise, he had finally cooled down thanks to the influence of his son and become the perfect mix of patience and fury. Perfect time to kill him before he became the most efficient leader in the world. We need conflict or there is no story!

Vol'jin I feel was a bit of a mistake. He could have been immobilised and left to recover in a coma, and Sylvanas taking the reins as acting Warchief to the same end. His reign was too short and there was not enough action with him in control.

I say this as an Alliance player.
    Last edited by Neryaf; 2016-08-26 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Wrong item + typo

I'm good with the deaths that happened, but wish they would have included Anduin and Wrathion in the mix. I'm particularly happy Vol'jin died since I hate trolls and lost most interest in the horde as an entity when they had him as warchief.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Who's next to die in Legion? Anduin? Wrathion? Khadgar? Magni?
    Nah they're too important to die. It shows what they think of Vol'jin. It wasn't a "Haha see anybody can die. Everybody better watch out." It was a "Well we can just kill this troll that we're not too too fond of. Put our favorite unstable hot undead elf in there and claim the spirits told him to." Varian died to put Anduin as king for the story. Vol'jin died because they don't give a shit about Vol'jin and want to focus all their attention on their wifu.

/salt

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruul View Post
    I'm glad Varian died, I never liked his design or the fact that he was voiced by Metzen of all people. His character progression was also positively schizophrenic, from aggressive counterpart of Garrosh to mellow and noble voice of reason. At least his death generated all kinds of buzz, so Blizzard must have done something right with him, but he never sat right with me.

An older Anduin leading the alliance seems like a good opportunity.

Vol'jin who?
    Anduin as leader will probably end in the children of Stormwind sacrificing themselves so he can flee. After all, Velen was his teacher.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Varian dying is a way for Anduin to progress.

As for Vol'jin....blizz did him wrong with not having a decent story or things he did while warchief. So i guess they had to change it up and sylvanas is a character that has an interesting story that cant fit in with stormheim.
    Yup my thoughts exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    i feel like voljin just died so alliance wont QQ like babies that they lost someone and horde didnt, his death was poor and he didnt do much either since he became warchief
    I'd argue it's more a means of putting a strong female character at the forefront. Blizz has been very much about that as of late. Not saying I'm against this sort of thing, just an observation I've made.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruul View Post
    I'm glad Varian died, I never liked his design or the fact that he was voiced by Metzen of all people. His character progression was also positively schizophrenic, from aggressive counterpart of Garrosh to mellow and noble voice of reason. At least his death generated all kinds of buzz, so Blizzard must have done something right with him, but he never sat right with me.

An older Anduin leading the alliance seems like a good opportunity.

Vol'jin who?
    His progression was from the angry Garrosh counterpart and consistently towards the more level headed Varian from mop onward. He didn't bounce back and forth like Jaina has been

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    My question to you all:
    Did the right person die at the start of this new expansion.
    In my opinion for the alliance yes, for the hord no.
    Explanation:
    Alliance: If varian would have been alive, peace would have been very likely between hord and alliance. And story wise that would have been very useless. And he was very big and loved. So it makes a nice impact on the players. And we have enough hero's left to fill the spot. And he also had not that much left to tell.

Hord: This was bad choice. Yes the hord know him very well. But he has barely been seen as a leader. It still felt like a hero that had some story to tell. He was loved, but only for a hero. Not yet for a warchief. And unlike the alliance. the hord has almost no one left to fill his shoe's. Yes they have allot of hero's but they are very minor ones, or a contested ( gallixwax for warchief??). Only reason why he should stay dead is the same reason as varian. They could have brought peace between the hord and alliance.

Disclaimer: This is my opinion. So not facts. I am a alliance only player. So this is what i think as alliance player.
    I don't know yet why horde left broken shore, but that sure is way to trigger some pvp players to have some reason to pvp against each other.