Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AiramiDrk View Post
    People keep saying "you can't be good at everything, stop whining" when the reality of the situation is, outlaw IS good at everything, it's only sub and assassination that seem to follow this philosophy.
    i think it's more like "you shouldnt be good at everything"

outlaw shouldnt be #1 in ST, nor should be fire mages while we're talking about it.

Assassination is going to be desired in high keystone Mythic+.

Their 2-3 target cleave is really fucking good, wich is the most common trash situation in higher Mythic+ dungeons.
    Additionally, their single target is top tier aswell, wich makes them both fantastic on trash and bosses.

Large scale sustain AoE is not a thing that even exists in dungeons. Especially not higher level Mythic+.
    Hunters, Warriors, Demon Hunters will still dominate larger AoE.

People say Outlaw is good, but their cleaving is way lower than Assassination unless you can sustain Blade Flurry in 4+ targets.
    That is to say, its significantly easier to maintain AoE as Outlaw compared to Assassination.
    Last edited by Powell; 2016-08-25 at 05:04 PM.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Deleted
    Played rogue since day1. Only that class (not an altoholic), in bad and good times, but after 12 years, and every spec in the game reworked/improved/ecc, the rogue in all 3 spec is the one that i dislike most;
    they didn't change the rogue since vanilla even if that was the only thing they asked (beside "fix vanish"), and they had so many possibility of making it awesome..
    But to me it's just a wasted chance, assass is straightforward boring and simple (as always), subtlety just doesn't work as a concept now, and outlaw is the better one, but still far away from what it could have become.

Excuse my rant, not necessary, but to be useful to the topic, only outlaw will bring something to the mythic+, sub aoe is mechanically bad, assass is just multidotting which doesn't really work in dung.

Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    Rogue will be God in Mythics because lots of bursts from Stealth and AoE invisibility (Potions may not work)
    maybe you should read up on stuff up before commenting nonsense

Their 2-3 target cleave is really fucking good, wich is the most common trash situation in higher Mythic+ dungeons.
    Additionally, their single target is top tier aswell, wich makes them both fantastic on trash and bosses.
    this is also wrong, assa's single target is pretty bad now, especially compared to outlaw, and outlaw will outscale assa in cleave above around 860-70 ilvl, and they dont even have burst now that exsang is destroyed whereas outlaw's burst is insane thanks to CoTB
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2016-08-25 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post

this is also wrong, assa's single target is pretty bad now, especially compared to outlaw, and outlaw will outscale assa in cleave above around 860-70 ilvl, and they dont even have burst now that exsang is destroyed whereas outlaw's burst is insane thanks to CoTB
    Beat me to it. Second time ive seen that dude say that too

Deleted
    We should cross that bridge when we come to it. Every class has little tuning knobs that Blizzard can turn at any time and I'm sure they will give their best to make all specs viable.

15+ Year Old Account
    Assass AoE might not be top tier but it still works if you know how. FoK + poisons + Rupture tab targeting still does tremendous damage.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    Assass AoE might not be top tier but it still works if you know how. FoK + poisons + Rupture tab targeting still does tremendous damage.
    It ok as long as mobs live long enough but if they don't it's awful. And if you have any strong aoe spec with you they won't.
    Last edited by Wow; 2016-08-26 at 08:18 PM.

Its ok little rogue do not fret. For some reason a lot of people feel this way, they will be left out of groups. To this I say get a better guild and play what you want. And I really wouldnt worry about loot in legion its going to come down mostly to luck anyway getting those TF rolls

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wow View Post
    It ok as long as mobs live long enough but if they don't it's awful.
    How short do you anticipate mythic keystone trash mobs to be? You don't think it'll be enough time to get a rupture off?

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    How short do you anticipate mythic keystone trash mobs to be? You don't think it'll be enough time to get a rupture off?
    Depends what level you are doing. 9+ it starts getting very hard so it will be easy to sink in rupture rotations.

Also people are going to get sick of running mythic dungeons because atm its pretty fucking OP how much loot you can get with the keystone sharing so I really wouldnt worry about class diversity.

We also have other classes crying out to nerf rogues because of our damage and survival with cloak of shadows/ vial/ feint/ vanish etc.

I'm more worried about rogue nerfs than not being picked.
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2016-08-26 at 08:21 PM.

People need to stop being so hyperbolic.
    Just because something isn't optimal, doesn't make it useless or bad.

Assassination is barely 5% below Outlaw, and its significantly more consistent.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    Speaking of being hyperbolic....

Outlaw is rng but it's all bonus dmg it's normal dps is better and it can rng crazy dps that it's not balanced around. I'm going to go on wild guess from everything you said you have only played live and not beta. All three specs are pretty rng with artifact's filled in combat just has the highest potential with 6 buff rolls but it's normal dps without things like that is still better and it's aoe is a lot better.

Also the higher ilvl you go the more assassin drops.
    Last edited by Wow; 2016-08-26 at 08:56 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dahakka View Post
    Then play Outlaw. Not every spec is designed to do everything.
    Except that outlaw outperforms assasin and sub in aoe and single target.

Just because something isn't optimal, doesn't make it useless or bad.

http://www.aethys.eu/wow/simc/rog_ot...t_default.html
    http://www.aethys.eu/wow/simc/rog_as...t_default.html

521k vs 388k

hardly 5%

and that 521k is the mean dps, the highest possible is way higher than the highest of assa
    and even the minimum dps is higher than assa's, granted ive seen no post boots nerf sims, but even with that outlaw is ahead just less ahead

the consistent argument doesnt really hold any water, people are really misestimating how much RNG RtB acually is.

even in HC gear there's a ~15% difference
    and sub outscales assa anyway, so unless you actually like assa more than the other 2 i dont really see a point in playing it, thankfully it's much better than it was in WoD comparatively, it's not as bad as to make it truly useless unless you're going for really high progress, so if you enjoy it go ahead, but it is clearly worse than outlaw at this point, so there's no point denying it.

and anyway, even if it was just a 1% difference in favour of outlaw, the fact that it's ahead in single AND AOE makes the other spec's kinda redundant

im not trying to "kill" assa here, i wouldnt mind having to play it(in fact i was going to main it before the myriad of nerfs came in the last 2 months), it's a fun spec, plus it's way cheaper to max out than outlaw is, but currently it's not good enough
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2016-08-26 at 09:02 PM.

Deleted
    Assassination is going to be desired in high keystone Mythic+.

Large scale sustain AoE is not a thing that even exists in dungeons. Especially not higher level Mythic+.
    Hunters, Warriors, Demon Hunters will still dominate larger AoE.

People say Outlaw is good, but their cleaving is way lower than Assassination unless you can sustain Blade Flurry in 4+ targets.
    That is to say, its significantly easier to maintain AoE as Outlaw compared to Assassination.
    Stop with the blatant lying Outlaw outperforms assasin. in all categories.

Check the latest stats

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?...HxBKV_biTNzfRY

Can probably expect a nerf to outlaw tbh

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    well it already kinda got one (legendary boots nerf from 50 to 20)

but an actual nerf'll be 7.1 at the earliest (probably a nerf to CotDB if i had to guess)

but by that time my sub artifact will be good enough to switch over, and if it doesnt get nerfed ill just continue upping the outlaw one.

well it already kinda got one (legendary boots nerf from 50 to 20)

but an actual nerf'll be 7.1 at the earliest (probably a nerf to CotDB if i had to guess)

but by that time my sub artifact will be good enough to switch over, and if it doesnt get nerfed ill just continue upping the outlaw one.
    There will be quite a few tuning phases for early legion.

One after heroic dungeons are on farm. One when Mythic dungeon/raiding is released and probably a few touches after a week or two of raiding and guilds have done the first kills.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    It really depends on if they like where rogue dps is overall vs other classes if they are fine with it just buffing assassin st and aoe and sub aoe would fix most of it.