Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If you can't put in the time, don't race through Mythic, it's really that simple. As someone who used to do that kind of gameplay (before Heroic become Mythic) it does really pain me to see all these people complain about shit that myself and my fellow raiders at the time knew had to be done.

Took me too long to figure that out, and I inadvertently burned some bridges before I did, which I regret.

So wait, you want to raid mythic, but yet don't want to invest time getting there? Am I missing something...?
    Do you want Blizzard to just mail you your full Warforged Titan items BiS set, and then retire?

Quote Originally Posted by Psykee View Post
    My guild raids mythic, and i am looking forward to raiding as an Unholy DK.

What i am not looking forward to is the incredible grind to 850 ilvl and forced gathering/crafting combo spending vast sums of money on crafting and re-running the same mythic dungeons while grinding AP like crazy.

It feels so unflexible and grindy. I am forced not to spend more than 12 lvls of AP on my off-tank spec, so i cant competitively tank anything later (and tanking is what gets you groups and faster pulls).

Dont get me wrong, i dont want everything served to me. But is it really that hard to ask for crafting/crafting or gathering/gathering to be viable like it have been for over 10 years?

Is it too much to ask we are not forced to re-run dungeons until our hands fall off so we can enter Mythic raiding?

I welcome a challenge in skill. I am not sure i welcome a challenge in staying awake.
    Sorry you and your guild mates feel the need to push yourself to the maximum in order to consume all available content as quickly as possible. I don't feel that need, so I appreciate Blizzard not stripping out all the content just so people like you won't feel compelled to play 24/7.
    Beta Club Brosquad

7+ Year Old Account
    Thank god I saw this thread. I was, literally, going to order Legion today and resub for the first time in about a year. But, fuck, too much to do now? Screw that, I'll wait till Blizzard does it right rather than this half ass'd expansion that has too much to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Psykee View Post
    My guild raids mythic, and i am looking forward to raiding as an Unholy DK.

What i am not looking forward to is the incredible grind to 850 ilvl and forced gathering/crafting combo spending vast sums of money on crafting and re-running the same mythic dungeons while grinding AP like crazy.

It feels so unflexible and grindy. I am forced not to spend more than 12 lvls of AP on my off-tank spec, so i cant competitively tank anything later (and tanking is what gets you groups and faster pulls).

Dont get me wrong, i dont want everything served to me. But is it really that hard to ask for crafting/crafting or gathering/gathering to be viable like it have been for over 10 years?

Is it too much to ask we are not forced to re-run dungeons until our hands fall off so we can enter Mythic raiding?

I welcome a challenge in skill. I am not sure i welcome a challenge in staying awake.
    No. Having things to besides RAIDS is good. WOD was a complete and utter failure of an expac because it removed any gate to raiding and the only thing you had to do was to raid, aka raid or die.

Your INCREDIBLY small minority of a player base is no longer being catered to. Get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Thank god I saw this thread. I was, literally, going to order Legion today and resub for the first time in about a year. But, fuck, too much to do now? Screw that, I'll wait till Blizzard does it right rather than this half ass'd expansion that has too much to do.
    I see what you did there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post
    So wait, you want to raid mythic, but yet don't want to invest time getting there? Am I missing something...?
    Do you want Blizzard to just mail you your full Warforged Titan items BiS set, and then retire?
    I think it's more along the lines that there is waaaay more to do in legion to get completely mythic ready. By that I mean back to back running of mythic dungeons for hour upon hours everyday for months at a time to stay competitive.

That being said, it IS an incredibly small portion of the community that does that and for the overall community it may be a good thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by waldor22 View Post
    feels like everyone in this thread doesn't understand how long the grind to 850 is gonna take
    not to mention the fact you HAVE to craft gear to destroy it
    if you don't have crafting/gathering
    you will need to buy crafted items from people so you can destroy them to upgrade your gear (which will be stupidly expensive)
    or buy mats, which will be inflated during the first month
    Wait, wait, wait! Do I understand you clearly, you are complaining, that being competitive requires effort and sacrifice? And you are also complaining how demand can drive prices up while supply is low?

This is not about "too much content", rather about entitlement.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD - people complain there's not enough to do outside of raiding.
    Legion - people complain there's too much to do outside of raiding.

I see the problem here.

Being honest, this part is what I dread the most, too...
    Perhaps because I wasn't in beta (thx, blizz!), what I know about the leveling and AP grinding sounds like really really massive. I get that, without raids, the grinding probably won't exceed the mythic raiding schedule (which for some reason in every spanish realm is 5 days a week), butit's going to be brutal. Plus the whole obliterum thing, which while you could avoid by being extremely lucky, seems to be almost a certainty if you want to be raid ready on sept. 27th.
    I hope it isn't that bad, but sure looks like we'll grind quite a bit until raids open.

Dot like there's no tomorrow.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    When Legion launches I predict a lot more of these kind of OP posts sadly actually. Coming out of wod and being handed 6 figure gold just for logging in. Getting full 700 pvp gear with the gladiator sanctum+following the pack around Ashran was laughably easy and took all of about 2 hours work. You could have 12 alts fully geared with max profs with almost zilch for effort other than logging in.

Now with Legion although it's not a ton harder, you can actually die to mobs while questing, gold isn't handed out anywhere nearly as easy, and good luck having 12 alts with maxxed artifacts. Getting the artifacts sure, that takes 30 minutes a toon...but maxxing their ap is probably not happening on more than 2 or 3 toons at most this time around over the whole expansion time, sorry altoholics.

So this is definitely going to be a shift. It's a 100% for the better shift IMO, but it will be interesting to see the comments from the masses when all of this really sinks in over the next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    WoD - people complain there's not enough to do outside of raiding.
    Legion - people complain there's too much to do outside of raiding.

I see the problem here.
    Well some of those people ARE the raiders. The complaint is, at least for them and in some ways is true, that there is too much to do in order to stay competitive in raiding. While the AP system put in place will keep us plebs busy for many months, they feel they will have to grind through that in many fewer months in order to stay competitive with other guilds who will do the same. This comes in the form of hour upon hours of back to back dungeon running to keep the AP flowing. In their eyes this is menial busy work is at best boring.

This is correct in as much as it is a lot more for competitive progress raiders to do than they have in the past. To shave off 3-4 months of play time in order to "be the best" they will have to run an abhorrent amount of dungeons.

I am not one of those people. I love the new AP system (even though I have some concerns for alts). Just that I can understand their complaint.

if you don't have crafting/gathering
    you will need to buy crafted items from people so you can destroy them to upgrade your gear (which will be stupidly expensive)
    or buy mats, which will be inflated during the first month
    Yeah, they should just give everyone their own personal ore mine and herb garden!

10+ Year Old Account
    But... this is PRECISELY why mythic guilds were selling runs and people used garrisons to stockpile tons of gold... you don't craft you're own stuff or farm your own obliterum... you BUY it. That's the entire point of having a shitton of gold. I mean, WTF else are you going to do with video game gold?

IF you didn't sell runs or use garrisons to grab gold, that's on you and your guild.

I feel like I played a wildly different beta than everyone else when I read these kinds of whine threads. None of the concerns were ever true for me, AP wasn't some huge Korean grindfest and gear came smoothly and at a reasonable pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    I feel like I played a wildly different beta than everyone else when I read these kinds of whine threads. None of the concerns were ever true for me, AP wasn't some huge Korean grindfest and gear came smoothly and at a reasonable pace.
    It won't be for most of us, but if you feel like you need ALL THE TRAITS NOW in order to be competitive, well that is a different beast.

Here's the story of two toons gearing up in beta...

Toon 1 - levelled to 110 in a few days. Retransferred a toon a lot of times to be able to afford the 10 million gold twice over to buy the crafted braces from the auction house to unlock the obliterum forge. Decided to see what live would be like, so instead of getting thousands of free flasks to obliterate from the beta npc in stormwind, went and farmed leather to make crafted gear to obliterate. After a week of solid farming could make enough crafted gear to create 6 ilvl 850 pieces. This would have been considerably more if more level 3 recipes had been unlocked. They were exceedingly bored by this grind. After 6 weeks without raid testing was ilvl 848.

Toon 2 - levelled to 110 in a few days. Unlocked world quests. Did a mix of heroics and world quests to get to ilvl 830. Started mythic+ dungeons (not an option on live) and did world bosses - after 6 weeks was ilvl 865 (had done some raid testing, was up to mythic+8)

You don't need to do the crafting grind to gear up. But it is a great option for non-raiders who dont need to rush or to craft a few spots where you haven't got drops. Sure some mythic guilds are going to go all out to craft ilvl 850 items for every slot before raids open.... Im not sure that will prove to be the most efficient way to gear up.
    Last edited by irdsyd; 2016-08-26 at 10:04 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by irdsyd View Post
    You don't need to do the crafting grind to gear up. But it is a great option for non-raiders who dont need to rush or to craft a few spots where you haven't got drops. Sure some mythic guilds are going to go all out to craft ilvl 850 items for every slot before raids open.... Im not sure that will prove to be the most efficient way to gear up.
    While I don't expect quite the same prices with the free gold on the beta, the bracer market that unlocks the obliterium forge (that will also be needed for some of the 3rd relic class quests) I doubt getting more than 1-2 850 crafted items will even be reasonably affordable anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Things of value in WoW used to be immensely grindy, and they should go back to being that way. It's all about time investment, and that's how MMO's used to operate by and large. So when you post things like this, you come off as though you want the reward without the grind.
    I'm sorry but that is just silly. There's a reason I don't play one of those Korea grinder non-games are just about how long you play the game and nothing else.

There's a reason those silly super grindy farms for materials like the consumables in early TBC got removed. I want to raid or maybe do some challenging dungeons, not do the equivalent of killing a million boars in Elywnn forest for half a year.

Deleted
    I'd rather do this grind than a legendary quest chain.

Deleted
    I don't get why people take this game as a job and commit to mythic progression guild.

Just play until you have fun and then close the game and maybe unsub.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathis View Post
    MMOs USED TO BE DESIGNED around grinding.
    yep, and still are.

also lol at the other guys point about getting gear just to destroy it(crafting)
    that's the exact same thing that's been going on for ages, you get gear, spend a lot of time nad effort to get that dungeon drop, then heroic dungeon drop then raid, then next tier...so on, just to destroy the previous work.

and just because they're adding it to crafting (which makes sense)
    lets say i get a jacket, if i put dazzles on it make it jacket+1, you don't have jacket anymore, +2+3+4 higher ilvl, etc, can't go back to previous jacket, but you would still have to start at the front, if making a new one.
    it makes sense to me, and when you get to jacket+10, it turns into flashy jacket, which you then +1+2+3+4+ etc again...

the grind for gear and levels is so TINY in wow, that people who complain about a little thing like that is so hilarious,

how about a game where getting the jacket past +3 has a chance to fail, destroying the jacket completely, well over 50% chance to destroy jacket going fromm +8 to +10
    you have to start at base jackets all the time, and getting a flashy jacket +10 is neigh impossible

(random item name thrown in there /jacket/ , but thank god wow doesn't work that way, i'd rather use current system as it makes sense compared to some other games)
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.