Thread: Mythic+

Mythic+

So how far behind is fury? I will be taking a break from mythic raiding but will be doing a lot of mythic +. Is fury really far behind?

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    So how far behind is fury? I will be taking a break from mythic raiding but will be doing a lot of mythic +. Is fury really far behind?
    Fury is probably better for Mythic+, because it isn't reliant on CS resets (which favor longer, more sustained, combats), and it has better snap AoE with Odyn's Fury. Frequent breaks in combat also favor Fury more by enabling the use of Charge (and therefore Rampage) without the associated loss of globals/AA's you'd have in sustained combat.

I would play Fury in Mythic+ in most cases.

For arms once you get the MS gloves you can run a Sweeping Strikes/Fervor of Battle, focused rage build. And I found it to be really great in dungeons. The Execute ring would be a bonus. But it sucks without the MS refund gloves.

Also, due to the current fuckery of Sweeping Strikes range, it somewhat relies on at least decent tanking.

Is the legendary belt still good post nerf?

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Is the legendary belt still good post nerf?
    It was just good, but now it's more situational good.

I've done alot of M+on beta and this is how I would rank the melee specs in general, however certain dungeons/affix combinations favor certain specs more than others

DH=DK>WW>Fury=Enhance>Arms=Assassination>Feral>Ret
    Haven't seen any Outlaw/Survival but I assume outlaw is pretty good and survival is trash

The belt is still obviously worth using for 3+ targets if you have it, if you also lucky enough to also have the helm/ring you are best off making two gear sets and remembering to swap before bosses.
    Last edited by Rhyzoh; 2016-08-26 at 10:03 PM.

Why do you think Fury is better than Arms?

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    It was just good, but now it's more situational good.
    Its situation hasn't changed at all, it's just less good than it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's situation hasn't changed at all, it's just less good than it used to be.
    I wouldn't say so. Two close targets is much more common than three. It just made it close to its purpose - aoe damage increase, not cleave.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    I wouldn't say so. Two close targets is much more common than three. It just made it close to its purpose - aoe damage increase, not cleave.
    I think you've misread it. The belt has always required three targets to trigger, except now it only triggers one extra hit (+33% damage) instead of two extra (+66% damage).

AoE is usually more important and Arms AoE isn't great unless they can put CS up on everything. Also in the beginning when you only have 20 points or so Arms won't have it's AoE traits. If you have maxed artifact and heroic leap pants I can see arms being better.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    I think you've misread it. The belt has always required three targets to trigger, except now it only triggers one extra hit (+33% damage) instead of two extra (+66% damage).
    You're right, I feel stupid. Don't know how I misread this change, sorry.