Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    You realize that IQ is a relative score, right? 100 is average, it's the baseline. It means nothing. It's a Tautology. So of course the average IQ of any large group of people should be around 100.
    You literally just said that the average intelligence of the average American is average.

For someone claiming to be above the "manipulation" of the media, you didn't seem to do much research into what you're trying to say.
    I understand perfectly what you're saying. But apparently you aren't understanding what I'm saying and prefer to be combative/condescending rather than inquisitive. I'm saying that the average IQ of 100 is not especially intelligent and this helps explain the relative ease in which human beings are manipulated by the media.

We are all susceptible to media manipulation...it's just that most don't even have a clue what's going on and aren't even close to being intelligent enough to do anything beyond conforming to prevailing groupthink and regurgitating the crap they're being constantly fed.

And for the record, I never claimed to be above the "manipulation". You assume much and should be more careful before jumping to conclusions based on limited information.
    Last edited by DocSavageFan; 2016-08-26 at 08:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    You missed one:

Full Definition of racism
    : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
    : racial prejudice or discrimination

Source: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/racism
    Okay - how the fuck is that any different than what I posted? Racist means you believe that YOUR race is superior to all others!

": racial prejudice or discrimination' based in the BELIEF that your race is superior to anyone else. Do you not comprehend that?

Based on that definition - one that YOU just posted - post one single thing that Trump has said where he even REMOTELY inferred that Whites are superior to any race.
    Last edited by mmocc836e66a65; 2016-08-26 at 08:00 PM.

Deleted
    No, it is a second definition, apart from the first. You are connecting the first and second definitions.

If you treat an Asian person differently(usually worse) because they are Asian (you can be Asian as well), that is racist. You thinking you are better than they are is not in play. Just treating the person differently because of race is racist.
    No - it is NOT a "second" definition. The "additional" definition is most DEFINITELY connected to the first. I will give you a pass since you are originally Russian and English is your second language.

BTW, your example is not one of racism - it is one of bigotry or prejudice. You are COMPLETELY and TOTALLY wrong in your assumption that it is racism.

I am done arguing the point. You are derailing the thread.
    Last edited by mmocc836e66a65; 2016-08-26 at 08:10 PM.

Let's play a game of spot the black Waldo:

Note I said "mostly"; mostly does not mean "all".
    He is stright up from Trumps head, behind a guy with a black t-shirt. Black Waldo has a camera/iPhone held up to his face.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Okay - how the fuck is that any different than what I posted? Racist means you believe that YOUR race is superior to all others!

": racial prejudice or discrimination' based in the BELIEF that your race is superior to anyone else. Do you not comprehend that?

Based on that definition - one that YOU just posted - post one single thing that Trump has said where he even REMOTELY inferred that Whites are superior to any race.
    If that's what it meant, it would have said that. It did not. Racial prejudice or discrimination. Period. That's how dictionaries work. If a prior definition is used in a later definition, it is stated as such as there is no ambiguity.

Learn the language.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    If that's what it meant, it would have said that. It did not. Racial prejudice or discrimination. Period.

Learn the language.
    Well I assume English is not your first language either.

As I said, I am done arguing the point.

Regardless, I love how niter YOU nor Connal has posted one single thing that fits your narrative of Trump actually being a racist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    He is stright up from Trumps head, behind a guy with a black t-shirt. Black Waldo has a camera/iPhone held up to his face.
    Black Women For Trump: 'Diamond and Silk' Headline Cleveland Event

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/b...-event-n611811

Well I assume English is not your first language either.

As I said, I am done arguing the point.

Regardless, I love how niter YOU nor Connal has posted one single thing that fits your narrative of Trump actually being a racist.

- - - Updated - - -

Black Women For Trump: 'Diamond and Silk' Headline Cleveland Event

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/b...-event-n611811
    That's not a where is black Waldo picture...
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

No, it is a second definition, apart from the first. You are connecting the first and second definitions.

If you treat an Asian person differently(usually worse) because they are Asian (you can be Asian as well), that is racist. You thinking you are better than they are is not in play. Just treating the person differently because of race is racist.
    Go even further - discrimination (identifying differences), prejudice (judging someone before you know them), and acting on them, are signs someone has made a value judgement of either better or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    ??????????

You do realize Trump is balls deep into the alt-right? Hell, that his campaign manager has an actual guide to the alt right on the alt right online magazine he is editor of? I mean what more do you want?
    His campaign CEO is the head of breitbart.com. His new campaign manager also comes from a Superpak that was funded by the same guy who funds breitbart.com.

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Donald Trump Gets 0% Support From Black Voters in Ohio, Pennsylvania: NBC/WSJ Polls
    Well there you go! Blacks predominately vote Democrat! Who'd have thunk! lol

I agree... but Hillary "not being Trump" is because she has no real "charisma" or "theme" as a candidate that anyone really likes. It's nothing like Sanders, or Obama. She is the same old plutocrat.

Trump is getting the hate (for myself, I would say attention instead of hate) because he says stupid, unhinged/delusional things...

It sucks that these are the choices we have this time around. I think I would have liked a Sanders vs Trump election instead.
    She would be silly to do anything else at this point. If your opponent is digging a grave for themselves then you lie low and let them carry on.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    lie low and let them carry on.
    - Hillary 2016
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Donald Trump Gets 0% Support From Black Voters in Ohio, Pennsylvania: NBC/WSJ Polls
    http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016...ia-nbc-n609026
    So, 84 blacks in Ohio and 82 in PA aren't going to vote for Trump. So what? They ones they polled are most likely Democrat.

Tell you what, you just keep relying on those "polls" to build your confidence and make your case, mmkay?

"7 Times Nate Silver Was Hilariously Wrong About Donald Trump"

10+ Year Old Account
    So, 84 blacks in Ohio and 82 in PA aren't going to vote for Trump. So what? They ones they polled are most likely Democrat.

Tell you what, you just keep relying on those "polls" to build your confidence and make your case, mmkay?

"7 Times Nate Silver Was Hilariously Wrong About Donald Trump"
    You don't need a large sample to make reasonable predictions about a population.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    You don't need a large sample to make reasonable predictions about a population.
    "reasonable" is pretty pivotal in that proposition

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    Well there you go! Blacks predominately vote Democrat! Who'd have thunk! lol
    Its not because the Republicans don't call them criminals, thugs, or racially profile them like Guilliani did with his stop and frisk policy in New York right? It is because the Democrats give them things right? You know, the bullshit line of a "welfare state"? Its obviously not because of the prison industrial complex that gives even a first time black offender life in prison for weed and fucking probation to a white rapist like they did recently. Its not because of that right?

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Its not because the Republicans don't call them criminals, thugs, or racially profile them like Guilliani did with his stop and frisk policy in New York right? It is because the Democrats give them things right? You know, the bullshit line of a "welfare state"? Its obviously not because of the prison industrial complex that gives even a first time black offender life in prison for weed and fucking probation to a white rapist like they did recently. Its not because of that right?
    This is basically just conspiracy theory and ignorance...
    Last edited by Kraenen; 2016-08-26 at 09:25 PM.

To me, Trump does not seem unhinged at all. In a lot of ways he is the only rational person amongst all the folks (aside from Gary Johnson) that threw their hat into the race for 2017.
    Is it ok to insult people with disabilities?

Deleted
    We will see what happens in a few months.
    Few months? Nope - Sept 26th.

Trump is going to absolutely destroy Clinton in the debates. My personal opinion is that he is going to embarrass her so badly the she may possibly withdraw from the election altogether (she will blame it on her health) and force Kaine to be the nominee. She is a sitting duck and I can almost guarantee she is pissing in her Depends at actually having to face Trump. She will not have the media to provide her safe spaces on that stage.

I would love to see a 90 minute, no commercial break debate between them. She wouldn't be able to last more than 1/2 hour at best.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    Is it ok to insult people with disabilities?
    He insulted ONE person, and I could not care less. Need a tissue and a safe space? Think about that as you folks routinely mock/denigrate him for his personal appearance - and did so repeatedly WAY BEFORE he ever mocked the reporter. People in glass houses....

I agree... but it still does not really make her a "good" candidate...

It's basically a choice between the Joker and Two Face... Both are crazy, but one is crazy half the time. (I'll let you decide who is who. )
    If you vote for someone in the primary and they win then you will probably think that they are a good candidate. If you voted for someone other than the winner then the winner obviously won't be a good candidate to you. There will be some differences between the winner and your candidate. They may be an ok candidate or even a bad candidate to you. It's a problem of the two party system where most people will have to compromise. It would even be the same if you do a run off system with multiple parties where the first one to get over 50% wins. At some point, if your candidate loses then you will need to pick someone else or abstain.