Deleted

How loyal are Nathrezim exactly?

I have been wondering about it. They were the worshippers of the Void before Sargeras made thm to do his bidding. But did they truly agree to his plan or are spies of the Void?

It is really visible in them that they have never truly broke off with the spooky shadow, considering that most of their abilities are based on it. True, their eyes brim with fel, and they received immortality through it, but their arsenal is almost naked when it comes to fel powers, they prefer shadow.

I don't remember Chronicle well, what was their reason for joining BL?

Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They'll do whatever they have to survive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Annie Mee View Post
    I have been wondering about it. They were the worshippers of the Void before Sargeras made thm to do his bidding. But did they truly agree to his plan or are spies of the Void?

It is really visible in them that they have never truly broke off with the spooky shadow, considering that most of their abilities are based on it. True, their eyes brim with fel, and they received immortality through it, but their arsenal is almost naked when it comes to fel powers, they prefer shadow.

Primarily they were cowed by Sargeras' might and offered their allegiance so as to avoid destruction along with the rest of the universe. As for their loyalties I imagine they're thin, they would betray the Legion swiftly if they thought they could and survive it. I don't know if the Nathrezim as a whole worship the Void - but they certainly exult in the Shadow and the corruption and chaos it can cause.

A very small group appear to have left the Legion and actually serve the Light, you'll see one of their number in the Paladin Order Hall campaign in [i]Legion[/i].
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Seems like they have a bigger loyalty to the legion, as they are actively working on destroying azeroth, something worshipers of the void wouldn't want.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

During Warcraft 3 there were two occassions that implied that the Nathrezim are slightly more independant from the Legion.

Detheroc: The Legion may be defeated, but we are the Nathrezim! We'll not let some upstart human get the best of us! Arthas must fall!
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/A_Kingdom_Divided

Varimathras: But I... It is forbidden for one of the Nathrezim to kill another! My defection was one thing, but this...
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/A_New_Power_in_Lordaeron

However the last sentence should be taken with a grain of salt, because Balnazzar just returned and Varimathras betrayed Sylvanas down the road.

The Nathrezim just "dedicated their existences to mastering the arts of shadow magic" and dwelt among the Old Gods to bask in their dark power. However, it wasn't stated anywhere that they were worshippers of the Void or followers of Void Lords / Old Gods yet. Their reason to join BL is simple, Sargeras is powerful and he "recruited" the demons by both empowering and threatening them ("Sargeras wielded enough power to make disobedience all but unthinkable"). The Nathrezim wanted to survive, so they joined the most powerful force available.

Yes, that means there is no guarantee that they will always be loyal to Sargeras' cause (more likely not). Maybe they are spies of the void, or even if they aren't, if there are more powerful force available or Sargeras is defeated, they probably would defect. Seeing that there are demons in Illidan's champion of Light vision, I wouldn't be surprised if they are going to jump ship in the future when Sargeras is defeated.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account

Based on WC3, not very loyal at all

Deleted
    Varimithras quote implies that they are not really loyal to the legion, but to their kind. I think they are loyal to whoever benefits them most. As far as I remember, there were also Dreadlords wo served in the Illidari Forces, so some of them even joint Illidan Stormrage in his war against the Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Yes, that means there is no guarantee that they will always be loyal to Sargeras' cause (more likely not). Maybe they are spies of the void, or even if they aren't, if there are more powerful force available or Sargeras is defeated, they probably would defect. Seeing that there are demons in Illidan's champion of Light vision, I wouldn't be surprised if they are going to jump ship in the future when Sargeras is defeated.
    And we saw demons defect from the Legion for Illidan in TBC (also warlock green fire quests).

4.856, since you asked for exactly.

The Nathrezim serve only themselves. They are aligned with the Legion in order to survive, not because they hold to their ideals.
    They have no real allegiance to the Void Lords that we know of. Just using shadow magic is not indicative of anything.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Given the fact that there is a holy dreadlord, they aren't loyal to anyone at all. They are so traitorous that they can become lawful good in process.

Loyal enough to not get fucked by sargeras.

"I'm always on the winning side" /Varimathras/

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Given the fact that there is a holy dreadlord, they aren't loyal to anyone at all. They are so traitorous that they can become lawful good in process.
    ^ this

15+ Year Old Account
    The nathrezim aren't loyal to the Legion at all. If anyone, they'd be loyal to the Void Lords, given that Sargeras found them living on a world that was corrupted by Old Gods and basically forced them to join the Legion.

As long as the legion benefits them, they will remain with it.

Deleted
    I don't see why they would want to betray Sargeras. The Void means to just swallow the universe, while Sargeras wishes to remake it. And the demons at least assume they'll rule over it. Although that may be a lie, of course.

I think they are very loyal due to the fact, they are able to enjoy their pleasures on a larger scale and command demons. Without burning legion, they are stuck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    I don't see why they would want to betray Sargeras. The Void means to just swallow the universe, while Sargeras wishes to remake it. And the demons at least assume they'll rule over it. Although that may be a lie, of course.
    As long as it looks like Sargeras is about to win. I think if the Burning Legion loses, the Nathrezim would be the first to change sides.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I think they've already switched sides in the past a couple of times
    They're always on the winning side, according to reputable sources.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead