Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Trying to grind levels to get prepared for those later pushes I reckon.

Personally I couldn't give a shit either way as it's ultimately just something I play to make my daily jog a little more interesting.
    No need for them, as far as the gameplays concerned it caps out at 30.

CP from Eggs caps at level 20, wild pokemon CP caps at 30. Once you hit 30 i would consider that level cap and know of nobody that intends on pushing beyond this. It's a fun app especially for collecting and making your walks/jogs more fun - was the same for me. In terms of making the app survive beyond a couple of months it offers no longevity right now.

Its kinda good for me as most of the people who cheat/bot/spoof w/e are starting to quit as they've exhausted the fun of the game when you cheat/spoof/bot w/e; so gyms are no longer being controlled by multiple 3k+ Dragonite (And the people who had that 2-3 weeks ago cheated in some way, in the UK at least; simple) so that aspect of the game isn't as shitty as when all the fucktards who cheat/bot/spoof w/e were playing.

So good riddance really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Its kinda good for me as most of the people who cheat/bot/spoof w/e are starting to quit as they've exhausted the fun of the game when you cheat/spoof/bot w/e; so gyms are no longer being controlled by multiple 3k+ Dragonite (And the people who had that 2-3 weeks ago cheated in some way, in the UK at least; simple) so that aspect of the game isn't as shitty as when all the fucktards who cheat/bot/spoof w/e were playing.

So good riddance really.
    Agree.
    However not everyone with huge CP pokemon cheat, some of us played the game and adventured properly.

I have 6k pokemon captured, 7k pokestops, level 30 with 3k Dragonite and a ton of 2k+ Pokemon including 6 Gyarados and i haven't played in about 2 weeks.
    It's called poor design, living in a City - however if i was in London then it would just be broken.

People in big cities get burned out and quit because it's too easy, people in rural areas get frustrated and quit because it's unplayable. They really should just find an average and keep it everywhere if they want to max out the time people play.

Quote Originally Posted by xStevooo View Post
    Agree.
    However not everyone with huge CP pokemon cheat, some of us played the game and adventured properly.

I have 6k pokemon captured, 7k pokestops, level 30 with 3k Dragonite and a ton of 2k+ Pokemon including 6 Gyarados and i haven't played in about 2 weeks.
    It's called poor design, living in a City - however if i was in London then it would just be broken.
    Are you in the US?

In the UK after 6 weeks I can believe that, (so if you say you've not played in 2 weeks, I'd assume you were in the states, idk) I'm lvl 26 and about 50k from 27 atm and I have a job (only 3-4 days a week) that has prevented me playing as much as I could and I don't own a car to travel to good nest sites or anything. Also I believe the game was a little less polished when it first came out - eg. weren't commuters cleaning up with travel distance as there was no speed limit on it at first?

But in July there were people with 3k+ Dragonite on multiple gyms in my neighbourhood (one by the name of Pok3mongoKing, which I always read as Pokthree Mongoking, but anyway...)

As you need to be level 29 for a perfect IV Dragonite to hit 3k CP I will struggle to believe these players were not cheating in some way or another. I "power level" as best I can, spent a few ££s on coins to buy multiple incubators (hatched 275 eggs so far, up to 120 in my Pokedex) and a few lucky eggs for batch evolving (on top of the ones you get for levelling). I can happily believe people have got twice as much XP as I have (which puts them on level 30, with 400k or so to 31) in the time available, but much more than that and I call shenanigans

Theres no way anyone hit lvl 30 after 2 weeks of playing
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2016-08-26 at 05:19 PM.
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Are you in the US?

In the UK after 6 weeks I can believe that, (so if you say you've not played in 2 weeks, I'd assume you were in the states, idk) I'm lvl 26 and about 50k from 27 atm and I have a job (only 3-4 days a week) that has prevented me playing as much as I could and I don't own a car to travel to good nest sites or anything. Also I believe the game was a little less polished when it first came out - eg. weren't commuters cleaning up with travel distance as there was no speed limit on it at first?

But in July there were people with 3k+ Dragonite on multiple gyms in my neighbourhood (one by the name of Pok3mongoKing, which I always read as Pokthree Mongoking, but anyway...)

As you need to be level 29 for a perfect IV Dragonite to hit 3k CP I will struggle to believe these players were not cheating in some way or another. I "power level" as best I can, spent a few ££s on coins to buy multiple incubators (hatched 275 eggs so far, up to 120 in my Pokedex) and a few lucky eggs for batch evolving (on top of the ones you get for levelling). I can happily believe people have got twice as much XP as I have (which puts them on level 30, with 400k or so to 31) in the time available, but much more than that and I call shenanigans

Theres no way anyone hit lvl 30 after 2 weeks of playing
    I am in the UK, i done a bit of everything while playing. I travelled to new areas hunting, would walk off eggs, lure up 4+ pokestops, had a couple of incense, gym battles and training.

I had the game downloaded on the 12th July, but i believe there was a 2 day outage due to DDOS - i started playing on the 16th properly. I upgraded bag and pokemon storage and bought some incubators (i had six 10k eggs sat there doing nothing - all of which hatched into garbage).

I'd capture everything and instant transfer, would save enough candies over a few days to do 100+ evolves in one go, so that's where my lucky eggs went. I believe i travelled around 350km in total (genuine travel none of that by vehicle).

If my dropbox account is still open i'll grab some pictures off my phone now.

The highest genuine level i know is 32, or just hitting 32 now - there are some ways to exploit levelling such as gym trading but that is pretty cheap, any illegal methods then yeah perma bans would be lovely.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by xStevooo; 2016-08-26 at 06:26 PM.

Yeah, like I said, I'd believe someone managed about twice as much as I have. But not a lot further. And anyone who had a 3300 Dragonite in the UK in July cheated (Game launched officially on the 14th in the UK, but starting early is far from the worst thing to have done )

Curiously I've walked almost as much and hatched more eggs than you, done more training; the only 2 main areas you've doubled me on are stops and caught. You've only evolved nearly 200 more times than I have, which surprises me You in London?

I'm in Cardiff, Wales - but I've travelled to different areas some of them a lot more remote looking for Pokemon, this was before we really understood the spawns and mechanisms that we learnt of because of trackers like poke-vision.

I can't say I've done many pidgey/caterpie grinds a lot of my evolves have been more of the 25/50 candy Pokemon. At the time, when i saw my friends posting about the game on facebook i was under the assumption it wasn't due out for quite some time, so i downloaded it to see what the fuss was about xD I didn't know it was due out so soon.

I live a 20 minute walk from my city centre so i walk in, and around the city to capture which is where my distance has factored in - but we have a spot where everyone gathers anyway which has 4 pokestops lured up 24 hours a day 7 days a week xD otherwise i think i would have a little bit more distance travelled haha.

I think with the incubators i purchased just the one batch so 8x incubators at 150 coins each, i had six 10k eggs just persuading me to buy some xD so i thought if i'm going to buy some i'll have to have 9 hatching in harmony haha, efficiency and all that :P

Quote Originally Posted by xStevooo View Post
    I'm in Cardiff, Wales - but I've travelled to different areas some of them a lot more remote looking for Pokemon, this was before we really understood the spawns and mechanisms that we learnt of because of trackers like poke-vision.

I can't say I've done many pidgey/caterpie grinds a lot of my evolves have been more of the 25/50 candy Pokemon. At the time, when i saw my friends posting about the game on facebook i was under the assumption it wasn't due out for quite some time, so i downloaded it to see what the fuss was about xD I didn't know it was due out so soon.

I live a 20 minute walk from my city centre so i walk in, and around the city to capture which is where my distance has factored in - but we have a spot where everyone gathers anyway which has 4 pokestops lured up 24 hours a day 7 days a week xD otherwise i think i would have a little bit more distance travelled haha.

I think with the incubators i purchased just the one batch so 8x incubators at 150 coins each, i had six 10k eggs just persuading me to buy some xD so i thought if i'm going to buy some i'll have to have 9 hatching in harmony haha, efficiency and all that :P
    Yeah, fair cop, I play in the same city as you and have a pokestop in range of my computer screen at home. I usually wait until I have 8 5k eggs then buy a batch of incubators to "clear it out", then use extra charges on 10k eggs and use the infinte only for 2k. I saw from your medals you've caught a helluva lot more poison pokemon (and "not normal/flying/bug" ones) but it would seem we;ve caught about the same number of weedles, ratatta and pidgeys (I'd assume).

I'm in Splott, which neighbourhood are you in? If you don't wanna say that's cool. My walks have taken my up to Pengam Green, down to the Barrage up to Penarth, and up to Heath hospital/Cemetary and around Roath park/reservoir. Oh and Bute park ofc. I'm on 340km atm.

Wish I had a car to go camp out Celtic Manor car park the charmander nest there is pretty tasty Oh ye, and I've only found enough Dragonair/Dratini for 40 Candy so far, so if you wanna tell me where you're finding them I@d greatly appreciate it... :P
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2016-08-26 at 09:30 PM.

Yeah, fair cop, I play in the same city as you and have a pokestop in range of my computer screen at home. I usually wait until I have 8 5k eggs then buy a batch of incubators to "clear it out", then use extra charges on 10k eggs and use the infinte only for 2k. I saw from your medals you've caught a helluva lot more poison pokemon (and "not normal/flying/bug" ones) but it would seem we;ve caught about the same number of weedles, ratatta and pidgeys (I'd assume).

I'm in Splott, which neighbourhood are you in? If you don't wanna say that's cool. My walks have taken my up to Pengam Green, down to the Barrage up to Penarth, and up to Heath hospital/Cemetary and around Roath park/reservoir. Oh and Bute park ofc. I'm on 340km atm.

Wish I had a car to go camp out Celtic Manor car park the charmander nest there is pretty tasty Oh ye, and I've only found enough Dragonair/Dratini for 40 Candy so far, so if you wanna tell me where you're finding them I@d greatly appreciate it... :P
    Haha that's cool, small world - i used to live in Pengam Green the second roundabout from Tesco but now i live just next to Victoria Park. Most of my dratini have come from the city centre (Hilton hotel spawns quite often and behind the millennium stadium, great for dratini and magikarp). The rest i have had down the bay walking the barrage too many times to admit. In Cardiff that's really the only two places I've been, we went to Swansea (castle garden and the marina), Barry and Newport - still to grab my Charizard from Celtic Manor though, it is still a nest for Charmander.

First few weeks playing i would literally capture everything in sight, so my medals are a true reflection xD although i did stop clicking on Zubats, then Drowzee once i had 1,000 of them. At level 30 though you just click on everything to see what the CP could be, had a few huge normal pokemon, 750 squirtle, 920 oddish, 1.3k Dragonair - but real life took over once more.

I got all my Pikachus from Bute Park (47 i think) got Raichu in 2 hours there, my friend lives on westgate street though has a gym and pokestop from her home

Pikachus in Bute Park are all Sandshrews now >.>

Well I thought the Avatar looked familiar so I guess there's a real chance I've seen your pokemon on gyms around town I did the river walk behind the stadium all the way down to well, the bridge by the police station in the bay; twice, and found one dratini so figured it was a bit of a bum lead. I'll try it again, thanks

Need more specifics on the buddy system.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/PokemonGO/p...type=3&theater

Okay, this is nice I must admit, sucks that the entire game doesn't reward you like that.
    Now... what about the tracker and rural issues? That's what I really care right now...
    Glad I held on to my starter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Need more specifics on the buddy system.
    Pick pokemon. Walk around. Get Stardust and Candy.

There you go, entire system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, that's actually useful. Did they hire new game designers or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Pick pokemon. Walk around. Get Stardust and Candy.

There you go, entire system.
    I am not sure why you are replying glibly- it's not amusing to me or useful. Those are not specifics; as I said above, in the very post you are quoting.

If your intent was to behave poorly- that's fine. But I am not interested in engaging as such.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I am not sure why you are replying glibly- it's not amusing to me or useful. Those are not specifics; as I said above, in the very post you are quoting.

If your intent was to behave poorly- that's fine. But I am not interested in engaging as such.
    What more specifics do you need!? It's literally the entire feature...

You pick a pokemon, and walk around normally. You get stardust and candies for that pokemon. That's it. Literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    What more specifics do you need!? It's literally the entire feature...

You pick a pokemon, and walk around normally. You get stardust and candies for that pokemon. That's it. Literally.
    Those are not specifics.

- Is there a daily limit?
    - How much candy is given out?
    - How is candy determined; set distances or candy per Km?
    - If set distance; How much candy per goal mark?
    - If per Km, how much candy per Km?
    - Is candy gain based on trainer level or Pokemon level?
    - Do evolutions earn more candy when buddied?
    - Is stardust gained?
    - How much stardust if so?
    - The pokemon's level influence the candy return?
    - Will cash shop items assist in candy generation?

Those would be specifics about the system.

It's useful for powering up them Snorlax or Lapras, but there's still going to be a Stardust deficit. I collect 5-10 gyms almost daily and still can barely keep up 5 or 6 pokemon, AND I only use ones that are already decent level (no low levels for the sake of high IV). I'd like to have the resources for more defenders, but for every time I power up a pokemon, I need to catch 40 pokemon. That's about 6,000 xp given my average throws. 12,000 xp on 5 pokemon is 60k xp, and that's assuming they aren't behind. With ant evolution spree or 2 in that time I've gained a level.

They really need to increase Stardust gains, preferably when catching high CP or evolved forms. They're harder to catch, so they should be worth more. There's literally no difference between a 10cp pidgey and a 600 cp pidgeot except one is a LOT harder to catch. They're both getting transferred. That's bad design.

Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    It's useful for powering up them Snorlax or Lapras, but there's still going to be a Stardust deficit. I collect 5-10 gyms almost daily and still can barely keep up 5 or 6 pokemon, AND I only use ones that are already decent level (no low levels for the sake of high IV). I'd like to have the resources for more defenders, but for every time I power up a pokemon, I need to catch 40 pokemon. That's about 6,000 xp given my average throws. 12,000 xp on 5 pokemon is 60k xp, and that's assuming they aren't behind. With ant evolution spree or 2 in that time I've gained a level.

They really need to increase Stardust gains, preferably when catching high CP or evolved forms. They're harder to catch, so they should be worth more. There's literally no difference between a 10cp pidgey and a 600 cp pidgeot except one is a LOT harder to catch. They're both getting transferred. That's bad design.
    The better part is when a level 40 Beedrill is harder to catch than a 500 Eevee. (It always goes back to Eevee in some way )