Thread: No Man's Sky

Deleted
    Warning, may contain spoilers. Erm, if you've never heard of the game nor heard of the ending...

"No Man's Sky's Super Duper Secret "

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    https://www.engadget.com/2013/11/11/...til-patch-6-1/

http://www.polygon.com/2015/5/22/864...mo-pc-blizzard

The dates should tell you which was pre release and which was post...

- - - Updated - - -

And about that...
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=223780/n...enor-until-6-1

It sure is....

And thank god for that.
    "delay flying as much as possible, and has even considered delaying it until patch 6.1."

https://youtu.be/uTTPlqK8AnY?t=9m50s

for the exact moment going over most of the removed things
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-08-26 at 06:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ummm no the dev's lying and misleading people isn't a opinion its fact.

Seems the playerbase on steam has dropped off by 90% since release.
    You are very loose with your usage of the word fact, as always.

But you really didn't even address my post.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Don't worry, all of the people who are super bitter about NMS will have forgotten about it in 7 days when they'll be super bitter about all of the features that Legion didn't get and how the devs lied to them.
    If not Legion, it'll be something else anyway. There really exists a squad of people that just move from game to game getting offended, bitter, etc. (As evidenced on this forum)

As far as the WoD/Legion angle: The difference is Blizzard has a non-NDA beta for several months ahead of release, so what is and isn't in the game is fairly transparent as you can go play it already. You didn't have that with NMS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just had the ending of NMS spoiled for me.
    This is the first time over ever been legitimately angry at a video game purchase

you build a planet/star that you can't see or visit, then get a couple minutes of nice music while the game zooms out, you wake up with a broken ship no items and get to start all over again
    Last edited by WskyDK; 2016-08-26 at 08:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

I was so tempted to buy this game, just glad I didn't.. Maybe they'll add extra stuff at a later date which might make it worth getting in the future...

On a side-note, after all the stuff in this very thread about whats in/whats not, I wonder if there's even "18.4 Quintillion Unique Planets?" as stated..

Deleted
    Perhaps server problems or perhaps more HG gunk, but.....

"In the past few hours, some players have discovered that when heading back to a system where they have named things, the names have mysteriously all vanished. As with everything related to this game nobody knows if this is intended, but it’s got players worried.

One player managed to make it back to his starting planet to find all the discoveries on the planet were wiped, and now reports are coming in from other players finding the same problem."

It's a never ending spread of brown stuff heading towards the fan.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axxy View Post
    I was so tempted to buy this game, just glad I didn't.. Maybe they'll add extra stuff at a later date which might make it worth getting in the future...

On a side-note, after all the stuff in this very thread about whats in/whats not, I wonder if there's even "18.4 Quintillion Unique Planets?" as stated..
    The world may never know since it has been found out that NMS wipes your discoveries after about two weeks.

Deleted
    I'm literally done with this game. Why did they make such a huge procedurally generated universe and then put such a tiny amount of variables in it for the ecosystems? Only so many times you can mix a few colours to make new ones.

I can't even be bothered to cheat to finish it. Dire.

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    The world may never know since it has been found out that NMS wipes your discoveries after about two weeks.
    Holy f***. All players must be informed about this. It's another huuuge thing and a massive nail to the coffin of this dev team. I am shocked. It's the last thing I could ever imagine to happen. I am sooo happy I've got the game for free.

Many times I said this game is not worth the 60$ price, as there are dozens of awesome and great games for 5 to 30$ price. Eh.

"I'm now convinced No Man's Sky is an experiment to see how many terrible game mechanics you can cram into a game and still make a profit with E3 hype." - I agree.
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2016-08-27 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    Ok at this point how can anyone defend this fucken game.

If you don't get to the center of the galaxy and hit the reset button the game will do it for you LOL.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-08-26 at 10:37 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

If those reports are true, that's pretty terrible.

I'll wait for the official comment from Hello Games before passing judgment, though I'm totally expecting a, "Wow, look at how many people are playing! This is so incredible! We're totally blown away!!!!" response.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    If those reports are true, that's pretty terrible.

I'll wait for the official comment from Hello Games before passing judgment, though I'm totally expecting a, "Wow, look at how many people are playing! This is so incredible! We're totally blown away!!!!" response.
    There twitter has been quite ever since that post about two people meeting.

That or its just not showing up in my feed.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

There twitter has been quite ever since that post about two people meeting.

That or its just not showing up in my feed.
    The official one? IIRC that's only really talked about stability patches, the "Wow, so many people!" response came from Sean's personal account.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    The official one? IIRC that's only really talked about stability patches, the "Wow, so many people!" response came from Sean's personal account.
    Ya Sean's, last post was aug 18th.

https://twitter.com/NoMansSky

15+ Year Old Account
    I play on PC and all of my discoveries on my first Planet are still there. And it has been over 2 weeks since I made those as I played on the 12th before I headed off to work which would have been all done before 3pm est. I don't recall if I custom named any of the creatures I found but I know I usually haven't been. And my other starting planets had little way points discovered. I was moving on quickly so I could get hyperdrive and not fall prey to the pre-order ship bug.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=752551948
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like people were uploading without the connection to the servers. And it also seems to be a PS4 issue. I play on PC and all my discoveries are intact.

But go ahead blow it out of proportion as you always do.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Seems like people were uploading without the connection to the servers. And it also seems to be a PS4 issue. I play on PC and all my discoveries are intact.

But go ahead blow it out of proportion as you always do.
    That still makes it a issue champ...

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That still makes it a issue champ...
    A PS4 connectivity issue. yep.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    A PS4 connectivity issue. yep.
    Still a issue with the game and you have no proof its because of connectivity, Atm its all word of mouth.