Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Why is it so hard to bring up the Diablo 3 Ashbringer design? That one is great. ;_: Long and thin like a sword should be, not... graaah.

http://i.imgur.com/tYUly9f.jpg

As for the icon floating: I totally understand why it's not there. I just wonder, can't you add a lot, but veeery thin, tiny metal bars, that TRIES to be subtle and hold it in place? From below and the sides of it.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have to say, I liked this, but I liked the previous ones more.

This was the first one that in the end, it looked plasticy. Even though I know it's far from plastic, it just looked plastic. Sad to say!

I think it looks amazing. It is a shame no disc tho, but still great.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    dont worry, even if they deny it, if they had put in a disc with say, a small metal rod holding it in place, they would have bitched the video out for going that way.

People are too thick skulled to realize they are using the alternate skin variations of artifacts to promote the expansion anyway and they are limits when forging weapons in reality. UNLESS you make it a plastic toy with artificial work to make it look exact and fancy.
    the end result was a plastic looking artifical toy anyway, whats your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Mnesymne View Post
    Not saying i could do better, but imo it looked like a cheap plastic toy at the end...
    Quote Originally Posted by huehuehue View Post
    the end result was a plastic looking artifical toy anyway, whats your point?
    well since its actually made out of different metals, you might want a reality check on your expectations. things look a certain way in reality.

This one is literally forged metal, so your statements of "it looks like plastic/toys", are issues that exist on your end and in your head. My point is that your expectations are deluded with fantasy when it comes to the reality of making such weapons and the metal working/forging process. You can't reconcile what this stuff looks like in real life vs what 3d graphics design in fantasy games.

This is why these things are fantasy. It would HAVE to be a specially-made non-metal casted/plastic toy like cosplayers make for it to look like it does in the game but thats not what these videos aim for here.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2016-08-26 at 09:49 PM.

Deleted
    Forget Ashbringer - I want that Murloc piñata!!!
    Last edited by mmocef71e99c15; 2016-08-26 at 09:50 PM.

Sounds like he is doing all the artifact weapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    dont worry, even if they deny it, if they had put in a disc with say, a small metal rod holding it in place, they would have bitched the video out for going that way.

People are too thick skulled to realize they are using the alternate skin variations of artifacts to promote the expansion anyway and they are limits when forging weapons in reality. UNLESS you make it a plastic toy with artificial work to make it look exact and fancy.
    I remember someone in the thread about the warglaive forging video complained about the guy at the end not wielding them right, and stated (and I quote) "they aint impractical the ppl just dont know how to use it in the right way" and another guy said "The problem with having only one of them, is that you have no balance because you are supposed to spin with them together to create a counterforce to the centrifugal force that would otherwise throw you off balance"

As if that would make the concept of a "warglaive" remotely feasible.

People confuse things in WOW with reality and vice versa far too often.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

This was really cool. I back when Tony was doing weapons for the aweme channel on youtube where you could suggest a weapon I was spamming ashbringer in each video they did. Glad to see him finally have a change to do it.
    I wonder now with neodymium magnets if something could in theory be built to have the hovering disk in place?
    Even trimmed down thought that sword is super thick. I'm glad they didn't make it hollow like the warglave .

10+ Year Old Account
    Ehhh.. it looks incredibly sloppy and that guy keeps cutting corners.. not sure why people keep going on about how amazing it is ;/

It's mediocre at best.. bit like his captain america shield \o/

The other team is MUCH better, and they actually take the time to just do it like it's supposed to be.

They made it that way to keep the weight low so people could pick it up. They went over that several times in the movie. So why complain when he already gave you the answer?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I remember someone in the thread about the warglaive forging video complained about the guy at the end not wielding them right, and stated (and I quote) "they aint impractical the ppl just dont know how to use it in the right way" and another guy said "The problem with having only one of them, is that you have no balance because you are supposed to spin with them together to create a counterforce to the centrifugal force that would otherwise throw you off balance"

As if that would make the concept of a "warglaive" remotely feasible.

People confuse things in WOW with reality and vice versa far too often.
    But... but they're so cute and adorable when they believe those things to be true!

10+ Year Old Account
    Never change, MMO-Champion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rush1701 View Post
    Ehhh.. it looks incredibly sloppy and that guy keeps cutting corners.. not sure why people keep going on about how amazing it is ;/

It's mediocre at best.. bit like his captain america shield \o/

The other team is MUCH better, and they actually take the time to just do it like it's supposed to be.
    Yeah, he only made the weapons for the Thor Movie, all pirates of the Caribbean, and like 100 other films. But yep, sloppy.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Deleted
    Seeing this video (and previous ones) I wonder what happened to all that cool, more realistic weapon designs from Wow Classic. I don't mean that all weapons should be very simplistic but last few expansions most of weapons look like toys or like made of rock/wood rather than steel. I mean check out Duskbringer, Doombringer and many other often green weapons - they are bit too simple for epic weapon but they look more like weapons to me. I have way more tolerance to staves as they usually don't look sharp anyway. Same goes for armors in wow, almost all tier armors are so overdone, overcluttered. Ye, maybe its wow style but I liked it just tiny bit simplier, more realistic, less crude.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanname View Post
    Seeing this video (and previous ones) I wonder what happened to all that cool, more realistic weapon designs from Wow Classic. I don't mean that all weapons should be very simplistic but last few expansions most of weapons look like toys or like made of rock/wood rather than steel. I mean check out Duskbringer, Doombringer and many other often green weapons - they are bit too simple for epic weapon but they look more like weapons to me. I have way more tolerance to staves as they usually don't look sharp anyway. Same goes for armors in wow, almost all tier armors are so overdone, overcluttered. Ye, maybe its wow style but I liked it just tiny bit simplier, more realistic, less crude.
    People should look up the "Lucerne hammer" - it's a real weapon, very simple... but it looks SO much more painful than any WoW weapon and really looks like it could kill someone with ease.

As for armour in WoW, I tend to use the "Overlord" set on a lot of toons of mine - chainmail with plate bits here and there.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That Sword looked amazing at the end.

As usual the Debbie Downers of the forums feel the need to express their idiocy though.

No Naruu crystal

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    That Sword looked amazing at the end.

As usual the Debbie Downers of the forums feel the need to express their idiocy though.
    its almost as if we all have different opinions!

Quote Originally Posted by Aerisot View Post
    Sounds like he is doing all the artifact weapons.
    All of the super iconic ones at least. (Also not specifically artifact variants - warglaives of azzinoth are not artifacts).

I would expect a frostmourne, maybe a thunderfury.

Deleted
    0/10 it didnt turn things into ash