Quote Originally Posted by Marok View Post
    Yes. 1) Rage is generated from damage to absorbs and health. 2) If IP was a "normal" (100%) absorb, we would have even more sustain than we already do, and it would most definitely be nerfed. Allowing 10% of damage to go through allows them to give us an absorb without turning it into another Shield Barrier.
    Ye I know all this, I was being sarcastic..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taygai View Post
    Before I ask this question, I want it to be clear I'm not complaining how strong warriors are or anything of the sort.

From those play a prot warrior a lot in beta, how do they feel compared to other tanks?

Every tank thread seems to be full of complaints about their spec, but all more or less pointed to guardian prior to its nerf and now all are pointing to warrior about how much stronger they are. Do you guys feel that much stronger in beta at 110 or has your experience been pretty even?
    I've played Prot Paladin, Prot Warrior, Vengeance DH and Blood DK in beta.

It's hard to get an even measure of things due to frequent changes and differences in gear... but Warrior doesn't feel very strong on the DPS/Threat side of things. On easy content, Warrior feels ridiculously overpowered in survivability. In normal/heroic dungeons I feel like my warrior is barely scratched, where the other classes have their hp bouncing a fair bit. That's just because when the damage intake isn't that bursty, you can stack and stack absorbs, so on the rare times when you do take a big bit of damage on a huge pull, you're already nearly immune.

As soon as you go into the more difficult content, Mythic dungeons, raids, and Mythic+, it balances out and Ignore Pain no longer feels so strong, because it's consumed faster than you can build it. Warriors don't feel OP at all to me in those situations.

Just my experience though, I haven't done it all.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    I've played Prot Paladin, Prot Warrior, Vengeance DH and Blood DK in beta.

It's hard to get an even measure of things due to frequent changes and differences in gear... but Warrior doesn't feel very strong on the DPS/Threat side of things. On easy content, Warrior feels ridiculously overpowered in survivability. In normal/heroic dungeons I feel like my warrior is barely scratched, where the other classes have their hp bouncing a fair bit. That's just because when the damage intake isn't that bursty, you can stack and stack absorbs, so on the rare times when you do take a big bit of damage on a huge pull, you're already nearly immune.

As soon as you go into the more difficult content, Mythic dungeons, raids, and Mythic+, it balances out and Ignore Pain no longer feels so strong, because it's consumed faster than you can build it. Warriors don't feel OP at all to me in those situations.

Just my experience though, I haven't done it all.
    Those are literally my class choices for Legion. I can't really choose between the four. Really don't want to make the wrong decision on mains.

Prot does feel VERY strong right now though. Was way more mobile and I seemed to have more control over my damage intake than I did on my DK.

Was almost 100% sold on Blood until Blizz started nerfing their damage like no tomorrow.

Deleted
    I am really scared if there is such a big difference between tanks at different levels. If people doing only normal/hc start screaming prot warriors are op, there's a good chance blizz will nerf the class hard and not compensate when it comes to hard hitting content.

Quote Originally Posted by Akatama View Post
    I am really scared if there is such a big difference between tanks at different levels. If people doing only normal/hc start screaming prot warriors are op, there's a good chance blizz will nerf the class hard and not compensate when it comes to hard hitting content.
    Unfortunately that has been Blizz's MO for over a decade now. Rather than fixing broke specs or buffing weak ones, they instead nerf strong/working specs in order to make things appear balanced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akatama View Post
    This also worries me especially because at 100 prot warriors feel really really OP because of the way Ignore Pain works. At 110 we're way way less powerful but I'm constantly worried they're gonna gut Ignore Pain any day now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    This also worries me especially because at 100 prot warriors feel really really OP because of the way Ignore Pain works. At 110 we're way way less powerful but I'm constantly worried they're gonna gut Ignore Pain any day now.
    They haven't really nerfed any other class directly cause it was too good at 100. They've nerfed a set bonus and Exsanguinate but those were pretty unique cases, and Exsanguinate was nexus assassination was clearly OP on beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TummyBoy View Post
    They haven't really nerfed any other class directly cause it was too good at 100. They've nerfed a set bonus and Exsanguinate but those were pretty unique cases, and Exsanguinate was nexus assassination was clearly OP on beta.
    Yeah. Probably true, doesn't stop me from being worried whenever I hear the outcry on these forums

7+ Year Old Account
    Artifact trait path question here.

I haven't been following this thread since I just today learned that I will be going back to Prot (from playing Fury most of HFC) for my guild. I checked this and last page and couldn't find any of the screenshots for the best path to go on my artifact. What I have planned is to get Dragon Scales first (picking Dragon Skin over Thunder Crash) and then going to Scales of Earth.

Can anyone tell me if this is a good path or not? (Keep in mind we aren't going for Mythic Raids at all, just HC)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Artifact trait path question here.

I haven't been following this thread since I just today learned that I will be going back to Prot (from playing Fury most of HFC) for my guild. I checked this and last page and couldn't find any of the screenshots for the best path to go on my artifact. What I have planned is to get Dragon Scales first (picking Dragon Skin over Thunder Crash) and then going to Scales of Earth.

Can anyone tell me if this is a good path or not? (Keep in mind we aren't going for Mythic Raids at all, just HC)
    You should look at the guide at the top of the forum. 7.0 Protection Guide.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AanvilGT View Post
    You should look at the guide at the top of the forum. 7.0 Protection Guide.
    Ah, ty for that.
    Didn't know it also had the path there. After checking it, it's more or less what I was gonna go for.

Deleted
    so what now...? stay warrior or go druid ?

Quote Originally Posted by solitude View Post
    so what now...? stay warrior or go druid ?
    Unless you're doing anything top of the line competitive (in effect, top 100 world or higher), you should play whatever you like best or feel comfortable with. The differences between the tanks is very, very minimal.

scales of the earth procs on every crit block without icd?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    This is actually favorite herb to farm. I'll hop in vent while the guild is running mythics and w/e and talk about me farming it.
    "How many fargenshlackle does it take to rank 3?"
    "I keep falling off these ledges farming this fragglerockenfargle"
    "I can't get this fargenfoliac to gather... is this fargenfurter node bugged" And so on until they mute me.

Quote Originally Posted by Garalon View Post
    scales of the earth procs on every crit block without icd?
    Yes.

/10char

Debating between Prot warrior and Blood DK. One mechanic I am struggling with is understanding the synergy between Shield Block and Ignore Pain. Would someone kindly explain how these two abilities work in concert? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by FenixAU View Post
    Yes.

/10char
    is that a bug?

wowhead data states that proc chance is 25% on crit block
    Aura proc chance 25%
    Last edited by Milocow; 2016-08-27 at 03:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    This is actually favorite herb to farm. I'll hop in vent while the guild is running mythics and w/e and talk about me farming it.
    "How many fargenshlackle does it take to rank 3?"
    "I keep falling off these ledges farming this fragglerockenfargle"
    "I can't get this fargenfoliac to gather... is this fargenfurter node bugged" And so on until they mute me.

Quote Originally Posted by ceejay View Post
    Debating between Prot warrior and Blood DK. One mechanic I am struggling with is understanding the synergy between Shield Block and Ignore Pain. Would someone kindly explain how these two abilities work in concert? Thanks!
    Blocked attacks deal less damage, shield block gives you 100% block chance. Physical only

When you take less damage your absorb from ignore pain lasts longer. Both magic and Physical are absorbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Garalon View Post
    is that a bug?

wowhead data states that proc chance is 25% on crit block
    Aura proc chance 25%
    Just going from Celestalon's post a while back, not a bug. Wowhead's data ain't always right.

I am not familiar with simulators, however I have created a small amount of calculations as follows and was wondering if the rotation could be ran through a simulator prioritizing devastate only while in shield block status, and revenge while outside of shield block? I think the sims could more accurately reflect this difference. As mentioned previously though there is a very minor difference, with a ~3% damage gain on average, 6.3% during SB, and -1.3% outside of SB (while prioritizing Devastate).

Assumptions:
    • Low / no crit, shield slam gets less of scaling increase from the 15% artifact trait the more base crit you have, also you could get more than 15% crit from relics etc.
    • 25% chance to dodge / parry resetting revenge per global cooldown.
    • no haste, 13 sec SS is used for the average calc. Although haste shouldnt affect each of the seperate states as each only has 6 GCDs, you may just be in shield block status for a longer portion of the fight. Haste would also reduce the revenge proc chance.

I tried to post the pics, but this is the cals I did on excel,which also wont let me put the proper link in.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bKXEZv_rDQIUwsgUBSCWqDmqjcrg-2jke2it4apP8T4/edit?usp=sharing